Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The art in the FCBD issue was pretty solid. I wasn't sure what the point of that story was, but at least the art and dialogue was fun .
    Maybe it didn't have a point, but it was at least a nice breather showing what Miles and Peter got up to when they weren't dealing with world (or city)-shaking calamities.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah, I don't think you're going to get anyone in agreeance with that here.
    That doesn’t really interest me.
    I’m not looking for an echo chamber.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    That doesn’t really interest me.
    I’m not looking for an echo chamber.
    Not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish. If you prefer that name for Miles, thats fine, i dont think anyone is gonna wrestle you over what you personally prefer.

But saying Kid Arachnid "stuck better than anything else." Is just factually wrong, no two ways about it. There is way more material calling this character Spider-Man and not Kid Arachnid, including the actual source material that calls him Spider-Man every single month, never once over all the years in publication, over all the relaunches, has the name Spider-Man ever left the title starring Miles Morales. Hell one of his titles was legit simply "Spider-Man". So unless you got a better argument, the Echo Chamber jab is a pretty hollow write-off.

Also as an aside, i'd say main comic now-at-the-bare-minimum-18-year-old Miles Morales is too old for a name like Kid Arachnid and has been for quite a while.
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 02-05-2020 at 04:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

Wow, I have to say this is the first issue with the new run that I actually fully enjoyed. Nicely done, and I'm super intrigued on what's going to happen next.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Very nice swan song for Javier Garron here. I know his art is divisive here, but I really loved the way he drew action scenes in this comic. The two fights with Green Goblin in this arc was really fantastic.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Also as an aside, i'd say main comic now-at-the-bare-minimum-18-year-old Miles Morales is too old for a name like Kid Arachnid and has been for quite a while.
    He can't be any older than 18 or he wouldn't be at school. Miles and Kamala are the same age, and it's definitely 17 or 18.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Wow, I have to say this is the first issue with the new run that I actually fully enjoyed. Nicely done, and I'm super intrigued on what's going to happen next.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Very nice swan song for Javier Garron here. I know his art is divisive here, but I really loved the way he drew action scenes in this comic. The two fights with Green Goblin in this arc was really fantastic.
    Agreed, and Vice-Principal Dutcher . . . I honestly thought he was gonna start an "I Am Spartacus" moment, only with Spider-Man in place of Spartacus, when the Ultimate Green Goblin attacked the school.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He can't be any older than 18 or he wouldn't be at school. Miles and Kamala are the same age, and it's definitely 17 or 18.
    Had to word it like that because they chose to start being vauge about his actually age.

Today's issue was good, Dutcher proved that he knew what was the right choice to make. I wonder how long the school will be closed and if Ahmed will tie in the attack with the Outlawed storyline. Spider-Verse was also good too, Miles and Peter's interactions were fun and the decision to have red being the only color besides black and grey was a really nice touch on the art side. It'll be interesting to see how the totem will tie in on the web problem and finding Anna May.

I don't think Brooklyn Visions will be closed for long. Outlawed has an incident called the Coles Disaster. Kamala's school is called Coles, and it's easy to guess what THAT means. And I don't think Ahmed will be writing "school closed due to villain attack" in both of his books at the same time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish
    Pretty sure you meant this statement to apply to you since you’re the one being wishy washy. You claim “no one will wrestle you” and then go on to do precisely that. Pick one viewpoint and stick with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Pretty sure you meant this statement to apply to you since you’re the one being wishy washy. You claim “no one will wrestle you” and then go on to do precisely that. Pick one viewpoint and stick with it.
    Actually if you quoted me properly i said no one is gonna wrestle you over what you prefer to call him, if you want to call him Kid Arachnid, Black Ghost, or Pepperoni, have at it. But you can't go around trying to argue a point when people correct you over blantantly wrong information. Kid Arachnid did not stick better than Spider-Man and thats all there is to it. Just say "yeah, but i like calling him Kid Arachnid more" and move on.

Carmen Carnero shared this close up shot of a suited up Miles and all I have to say is HO-LEE #%@$. I really love having David Curiel as the colorist for the book but he better not wash out all that texture and half-tone Carmen managed to put on Miles' suit. I can't wait to see how she handles him unmasked.

Miles close up Carmen Canero.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Carmen Carnero shared this close up shot of a suited up Miles and all I have to say is HO-LEE #%@$. I really love having David Curiel as the colorist for the book but he better not wash out all that texture and half-tone Carmen managed to put on Miles' suit. I can't wait to see how she handles him unmasked.

Yeah, that's very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post

Pretty nice Spider-Man mask shot.