Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Another highly textured B&W panel of Miles suited up by Carmen Carnero.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So Miles Morales #16 was a pretty fun one-shot split in two parts:

spoilers:
    The first half follows Miles rescuing a hipster photographer who got themselves trapped in the sewer. Rio notices the webbing stuck to Miles and Bellie's clothing when they get home, but she doesn't seem too bothered.

Second half focuses on Aaron running a job for Ultimatum. He gets called to meet Ultimatum in person who unmasks himself which makes Aaron shook because of his uncanny resemblance to someone he knows. Ultimatum drops the bombshell that he's been happing back and forth between two earths and discovered that the longer time you spend away from your home earth, the more your memories of it fades. He called Aaron in because he discovered that he has the same type of energy signature from the Ultimate Universe and the one other person who Ultimatum also has that trace is Miles so he knocks Aaron's out hoping to draw Miles to him to get more answers.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So Miles Morales #16 was a pretty fun one-shot split in two parts:

spoilers:
    The first half follows Miles rescuing a hipster photographer who got themselves trapped in the sewer. Rio notices the webbing stuck to Miles and Bellie's clothing when they get home, but she doesn't seem too bothered.

Second half focuses on Aaron running a job for Ultimatum. He gets called to meet Ultimatum in person who unmasks himself which makes Aaron shook because of his uncanny resemblance to someone he knows. Ultimatum drops the bombshell that he's been happing back and forth between two earths and discovered that the longer time you spend away from your home earth, the more your memories of it fades. He called Aaron in because he discovered that he has the same type of energy signature from the Ultimate Universe and the one other person who Ultimatum also has that trace is Miles so he knocks Aaron's out hoping to draw Miles to him to get more answers.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Safe guess to make on who Miles will be risking the wrath of C.R.A.D.L.E. in order to help in issue #17 next month. I love that Ahmed, while writing a one-shot filler issue, was able to have a decent set up for future issues while hopefully being able to have a near seamless tie-in with the Outlawed status quo shift.
    end of spoilers

Here's a few pages from issue #17

I guess Dum Dum Dugan is CRADLE's boss then, because Kamala's also going to be fighting him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I guess Dum Dum Dugan is CRADLE's boss then, because Kamala's also going to be fighting him.
    I don't know about making Dum Dum the face of the "bad guys" although he might help them come off more sympathetically since Eve Ewing says this is going to be a more complicated issue.

I've never seen him express opinions about teen heroes so I'm curious what his take on this is.

I getting a bit of a Lee Garbett vibe from these pencils by Carmen Carnero and so far I'm liking what I'm seeing. Kind of a weird spidey pose Miles is making while he's webbing those two CRADLE agents in that last panel though.

BANNED

Miles Morales and Lana Baumgartner
    87547972_10207430227190999_1487848302798962688_n.jpg

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Hmm, I do think they would have made a nice couple. Would also be interested in Miles/Gwenpool as a younger counterpoint to Spider-Man/Deadpool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Barbara who? Give me more Lana .

BANNED

88237712_10207430374354678_3551220818807619584_n.jpg

There you have it, Miles Morales and Gwen Poole.

BANNED

I agree, Lana is an infinite waifu level, I need at least one alternate universe where they get together if it won´t happen on cannon comics...

is Dum Dum even really alive anymore? Last heard they revealed he'd been a robot for a long time that Nick Fury kept around because he couldn't stand loosing his old friend.

Did they retcon that back out? Please tell me they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    is Dum Dum even really alive anymore? Last heard they revealed he'd been a robot for a long time that Nick Fury kept around because he couldn't stand loosing his old friend.

Did they retcon that back out? Please tell me they did.
    I think in USAvengers they established the real Dum Dum was in some kind of cryogenic sleep and woke up.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Would also be interested in Miles/Gwenpool as a younger counterpoint to Spider-Man/Deadpool.

I remember a fanfic, where Gwen mentions exactly that dynamic to Miles.

Miles: Spiderman hates Deadpool.

Gwen: We clearly read different fanfics.

Miles: What?