Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Oh I'm definitely down for Ray's art. I wonder if it's a temporary replacement or will it be permanent.
    Sounds like it's two fill ins.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Here's first look at Spider-Verse #4 and a preview for Miles Morales: The End
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...les-the-end-1/
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...spider-verse-4
    They both look pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's first look at Spider-Verse #4 and a preview for Miles Morales: The End
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...les-the-end-1/
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...spider-verse-4
    They both look pretty good
    The art for The End looks very different with actual coloring.

Looks like there's going to be some sideshow comic with Miles and Thor teaming up

Last edited by Dragonick; 01-05-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Looks like there's going to be some sideshow comic with Miles and Thor teaming up

I'm guessing there's some kind of time travel involved or this isn't canon since Thor hasn't looked like that in a long time.

Happy 2020 to my favorite other Spider Hero (man or woman), Miles Morales. May the New Year continue to bring great things for this wonderful character.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing there's some kind of time travel involved or this isn't canon since Thor hasn't looked like that in a long time.
    Same thought. Funny enough I always wanted to see Miles team up with Thor more often. Also that art gives me Sara Pichelli vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Same thought. Funny enough I always wanted to see Miles team up with Thor more often. Also that art gives me Sara Pichelli vibes
    You'd think if Miles was gonna team up with a Thor it would be Jane Foster since they were on the Avengers together.

Don't forget though, apart from Doctor Strange and the Asgardians, nobody knows that the female Thor and the current Valkyrie are the same person. Miles would just think the Thor he worked with is gone. Though it would be interesting to see Jane encounter the four ex-Avenger Champions (Kamala, Miles, Nova and Nadia).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Interview Ahmed gave about Miles Morales:The End
    The End is a series of stories that show the final end tales of popular Marvel characters - or at least a version of them. In the case of Miles Morales: The End, Ahmed and artist Damion Scott will flash forward to a future where "Old Man Miles" is the mayor of a monster-devastated Brooklyn, fighting for the last scraps of humanity that hang on there.

But it's not all doom-and-gloom. Ahmed says he focused on Miles' positivity and relentless spirit as the guiding principles of his elder years. And that's not all he had to say, as Newsarama spoke with him ahead of Miles Morales: The End #1's January 8 release to find out what Miles is up against as he takes on not just adulthood and the future, but the last hope of mankind.

Newsarama: Saladin, Miles Morales is a teenager now - but he's an old man when he reaches The End. How does "Old Man Miles" (to borrow Marvel parlance) compare to young Miles? What qualities of his personality are elevated by experience?

Saladin Ahmed: It's easy to write a post apocalyptic hero who has become scarred and cynical. But this version of Miles Morales goes in the opposite direction and asks 'How do we keep hold of our optimism and our brightness in the darkest circumstances?' Miles is an essentially positive character and for me it was important to show him maintaining that positivity even against a grim backdrop.

Nrama: Given the time gap between Miles' current life and The End, there are certain to be countless formative events in that timeframe. Is there a particular moment or "future story" beat that drives this version of Miles' ending?

Ahmed: Miles becoming the Mayor of Brooklyn after monstrous creatures known only as Germs destroy Manhattan.

Nrama: The solicitation for the one-shot says Miles is the "last bastion of civilization" in the future. What's he up against here, in his final hour?

Ahmed: Miles will face monsters and monstrous people. And everything he's worked decades to protect will be threatened.

Nrama: You're working with Damion Scott on Miles Morales: The End #1 - and there may not be a better pairing of artist and character going right now. What does Damion bring to this book?

Ahmed: Damion's style is tailor-made for Miles and his reimagined Brooklyn. The mix of hip-hop and manga and super hero influences could not be better suited, and I straight-up gasped when I saw the pages.

Nrama: Without being too spoilery, what's your favorite thing he drew for this story?

Ahmed: Our villain, Captain Last!

Nrama: Peter Parker's mantra is "With great power must also come great responsibility" - and Miles has inherited that on some level, but he's very much his own Spider-Man. Is there a core personal philosophy that guides him in the present day through his elder years?

Ahmed: It would probably be something like "Protect each other and don't forget to have fun."

Nrama: Sometimes "The End" seems like an incoming tragedy - but sometimes it's more like a blaze of glory, or dare we suggest a happy ending. What takeaways about Miles Morales are you hoping to drive home by presenting an ending for him?

Ahmed: You'll have to read to find that one out!
    https://www.newsarama.com/48485-mile...s-the-end.html

Incredible Member

Wonder if he will have an Old Lady and if he does, who could it be? He got a couple choices lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Wonder if he will have an Old Lady and if he does, who could it be? He got a couple choices lol
    If he does, I expect she'll go unnamed .

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Between the last issue and how it looks Miles Morales: The End, it seems like Miles’ venom blast is evolving. Or artist just put their own spin on it

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Between the last issue and how it looks Miles Morales: The End, it seems like Miles’ venom blast is evolving. Or artist just put their own spin on it
    Given the lack of acknowledgement the power up has gotten I’d go with the latter.

lol, Dial H for Hero showed up in Young Justice, and Miguel, the current user of the dial, turned into a Spider-Man expy. Clever way for Bendis to sneak Spidey into a DC book!