Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Immediately thought "are they setting up Kenneth to design Miles a suit?" when i read it.

On a random note, anyone one else think Aaron should've stayed the Iron Spider at least up until his meeting with Ultimatum? Just seemed a bit odd that he, as the prowler, sees a(albeit darker) prowler mask, and THATS what makes him go "WAIT A SECOND?!?!?" Seems kinda silly lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    And yet ANOTHER possible suit for Miles to have in the next Spider-Man game! Oh this is gonna be good.
    That would be cool to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Immediately thought "are they setting up Kenneth to design Miles a suit?" when i read it.

On a random note, anyone one else think Aaron should've stayed the Iron Spider at least up until his meeting with Ultimatum? Just seemed a bit odd that he, as the prowler, sees a(albeit darker) prowler mask, and THATS what makes him go "WAIT A SECOND?!?!?" Seems kinda silly lol
    That could be pretty cool.

Also yeah the Iron Spider suit was gone too soon, it was like he gave up crime and sold the suit only to have to go back to it a week later. And like you said it's a slightly darker mask that gets him and not the fact that he was dead and then suddenly wasn't for no reason. It also doesn't help that he wound up in an imo a worse looking suit than either his original Prowler or Iron Spider look.

Ultimate Member

Maybe this is a way to get Into The Spiderverse Miles outfit into main marvel Universe.

If you look at outfit-it's an easy one to hide in.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDet...?productID=785

And now that Clone Miles is around and wearing his existing costume, Original Miles needs a new look so we can tell them apart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The new Spider-Man game or at least an expansion looks to be all about Miles

Last edited by Dragonick; 06-11-2020 at 01:16 PM.

I also think he looks much better than he did in the game before. And as of right now Miles is trending worldwide on Twitter, it great being a fan right now.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Wow. Anyone wanna buy me a PS5? Lol

I'm getting "interequel" vibes where this is like a spinoff or in-between major story that happens between PS4 Spidey 1 and PS4 Spidey 2 that focuses on Miles coming into his own as a hero. Like this is probably not going to address the Goblins or the Symbiote at all since that's Peter stuff. That his name is in the title gives me spinoff vibes.

Is it just me or did Peter sound old in the trailer?

I guess this solves the problem of them having to juggle two Spider-Men within one game narrative by just giving Miles his own game so you don't have to juggle alternating Spiders. Hopefully this game can develop PS4 Miles into more of his own Miles and less "Miles West" like he was in the first game. Hopefully Ganke will get to appear here.

I like that the Venom Blast seems to have a physical effect on Miles' costume and seems like it might hurt a little? Any drawback they can add to the ability that makes it more then just an overpowered attack is a win in my book.

I wonder if some of the goons Miles is fighting in the game are connected to Negative. They don't seem recognizably associated with another Spider-Man villain unless the guy with the arm gauntlets is supposed to be connected to Shocker.

The last shot of him unmasking is totally referencing Into the Spider-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Wow. Anyone wanna buy me a PS5? Lol
    Seriously this along with the new Ratchet and Clank game have me feeling I'm gonna end the year with an empty wallet. And the trailer for anyone looking for it.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1271175360261095424

I'm curious if they are gonna create a bunch of new villians for Miles or dust off some C/D listers to go against Miles?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I'm curious if they are gonna create a bunch of new villians for Miles or dust off some C/D listers to go against Miles?
    Mr. Negative will probably show up. They already have assets for him and Tombstone so maybe they could use them both here.

I'd be amazed if any of Ahmed's original villains showed up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm getting "interequel" vibes where this is like a spinoff or in-between major story that happens between PS4 Spidey 1 and PS4 Spidey 2 that focuses on Miles coming into his own as a hero. Like this is probably not going to address the Goblins or the Symbiote at all since that's Peter stuff. That his name is in the title gives me spinoff vibes.
    Yeah, I think this game is a stopgap sequel between Spider-Man PS4 and Spider-Man PS5 (hopefully they have a subtitle by then).

Similar to how Ubisoft annualizes it's Assassin's Creed games (like there'd be one big title worked on for years and years, and then the assets of those game are used to make new narrative titles released annually buying time for the next leap). Or you know Batman Arkham Origins which went into development because Arkham Knight needed more time.

Still such a title becoming a launch title for new-generation is quite new though. Usually the attitude would be to make a title like this for the last-gen as a final goodbye to old console owners and a sop to those who won't be adopting the next system for a while. But making Spider-Man Miles Morales a launch title for PS5 is quite prestigious. That means that when the PS5 comes, this will be the Spider-Man game (alongside I am sure a remaster for PS5 for the first game) they port in. So that means a lot of eyes are going to be drawn to this. So it's quite a prestigious gig for our boy.

Is it just me or did Peter sound old in the trailer?
    The older the better.

I guess this solves the problem of them having to juggle two Spider-Men within one game narrative by just giving Miles his own game so you don't have to juggle alternating Spiders.
    I guess. I was quite sure that Miles being playable would happen in the sequel to the next game. So this was quite a surprise.

The last shot of him unmasking is totally referencing Into the Spider-Verse.
    But of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The older the better.
    He sounds a little too old in the trailer. Either that or he's just really tired.
    I guess. I was quite sure that Miles being playable would happen in the sequel to the next game. So this was quite a surprise.
    Now hopefully they won't need to jump between narratives as much. This is much better for both of them in the long run instead of shoving both of them together in a game.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

If I had to guess, Peter probably got injured and is out of commission for most of this game. Which would explain why the storyline is about Miles stepping up.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If I had to guess, Peter probably got injured and is out of commission for most of this game. Which would explain why the storyline is about Miles stepping up.
    That could explain it. I guess it's one way to get Miles' main story premise going without actually killing Peter off.