Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 774
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Wonder if he will have an Old Lady and if he does, who could it be? He got a couple choices lol
    And survey says spoilers:
    No one. Turns out this version of Miles dedicated himself so much to heroics that he never actually started a family. But Ganke's daughter starts to mention that she thought he should've ended up with Kamala, but Miles changes the subject.
    end of spoilers

    It was an okay one-shot. Not much of an explanation is given for how the world ended up the way it did, but I thought it was okay overall. It's kind of funny though, finishing it kind of makes me wish it was an actual mini-series instead of a one-shot. Now I kind of want a mini series of the present Miles ending up in that alternate future.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 01-08-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  2. #32
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Old Man Miles was okay, it kept that hopeful energy Ahmed was talking about. It probably could have benefited from being longer, but that's just how things shake out sometimes. The art was interesting, but was hard to follow at times.

  3. #33
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    54,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    And survey says spoilers:
    No one. Turns out this version of Miles dedicated himself so much to heroics that he never actually started a family. But Ganke's daughter starts to mention that she thought he should've ended up with Kamala, but Miles changes the subject.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Kinda does play into the idea that Miles is more interested in heroics then in a life outside being Spider-Man.

    People still seem pretty focused on Miles and Kamala. I haven't seen this level of dedication to Miles and Gwen.
    end of spoilers

  4. #34
    Spectacular Member Modamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Kinda does play into the idea that Miles is more interested in heroics then in a life outside being Spider-Man.

    People still seem pretty focused on Miles and Kamala. I haven't seen this level of dedication to Miles and Gwen.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They're the fan favorites of the new batch of heroes and shipping Miles with Gwen was always really forced and unsettling given that she's an alt universe version of PETER's first true love
    end of spoilers

  5. #35
    Amazing Member Cornbread11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    spoilers:
    They're the fan favorites of the new batch of heroes and shipping Miles with Gwen was always really forced and unsettling given that she's an alt universe version of PETER's first true love
    end of spoilers


    Welp I guess I’m the only one on here in that camp than it seems lol

  6. #36
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Welp I guess I’m the only one on here in that camp than it seems lol
    Doesn't bother me either, not like Peter has dibs throughout all the multiverse lol

  7. #37
    Amazing Member Cornbread11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Doesn't bother me either, not like Peter has dibs throughout all the multiverse lol
    Lol true, But I have meet some people that feel that peter is entitled to have all the ladies lol.

  8. #38
    Incredible Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    943

    Default

    For me as far as shipping, Miles with someone is concerned I treat it in a similar sense to the multiverse. ITSV Miles with Gwen, & Comic Miles with Kamala. Similar to how Rami movie Spider-Man hooks up with MJ while Webb movie Spider-Man was with Gwen. As long as it makes sense in my head it works for me. And it works for me because I know these are two different iterations of the character.

    Comic version Miles and Gwen did indeed feel forced in their crossover, but feels more natural for their ITSV movie counterparts.

    It'll be interesting if they try something with PlayStation Miles and Kamala or if they introduce Gwen in the sequel. And then we future MCU Miles to think about.

    We also got to remember that comics today have taken on the additional role of R&D for Marvel as a whole. If it sells and resonates with the fans in the comics there's a good chance some iteration of that idea will find its way in other Marvel media.

  9. #39
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,613

    Default

    Isn't PS4 Miles aged up into his 20s? Not that I'd expect Kamala to show up in a Spider-Man game anyway, but she'd probably be quite a bit younger than him, rather than them being the same age like in the comics.

    The fact that both Miles and Kamala (and Gwen) have solo books actually works against the idea of them having a romance, just look at Batgirl and Nightwing (before New 52, Barbara never had her own solo book, so them being together in the 2000s didn't have this problem). Writers like to have full control of their casts... so if someone has their own book, they're less likely to be used as the love interest. This actually came up in an issue of Batgirl and the Birds of Prey. Dick guest starred, and Barbara Gordon and Helena Bertinelli (Huntress) discussed their mutual love for Grayson (Helena had a thing with him when they were both spies before Rebirth), while acknowledging that Nightwing's writer had given him a new love interest, reformed villain The Defacer (who was later written out).

    Honestly, I think Miles and Kamala do love each other - platonically. It's like Dick's relationship with Donna Troy in New Teen Titans. She married someone else and he was dating another team member, but she still said she loved him. Meaning as a friend. That's what Miles is to Kamala. They're each other's best friends, in the superhero community anyway (the only ones who trump them are probably Ganke and Bruno).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-09-2020 at 12:40 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  10. #40
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Slight correction but PS4 Miles is only 15 believe it or not. I remember seeing quite a few complaints when the game first came out about him looking old.

  11. #41
    Amazing Member Cornbread11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Slight correction but PS4 Miles is only 15 believe it or not. I remember seeing quite a few complaints when the game first came out about him looking old.
    Character model does look a bit like some one who could be in his early 20ís lol, who knows they might do a bit of time jump by the time the sequel roles around.

  12. #42
    Amazing Member Cornbread11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't PS4 Miles aged up into his 20s? Not that I'd expect Kamala to show up in a Spider-Man game anyway, but she'd probably be quite a bit younger than him, rather than them being the same age like in the comics.

    The fact that both Miles and Kamala (and Gwen) have solo books actually works against the idea of them having a romance, just look at Batgirl and Nightwing (before New 52, Barbara never had her own solo book, so them being together in the 2000s didn't have this problem). Writers like to have full control of their casts... so if someone has their own book, they're less likely to be used as the love interest. This actually came up in an issue of Batgirl and the Birds of Prey. Dick guest starred, and Barbara Gordon and Helena Bertinelli (Huntress) discussed their mutual love for Grayson (Helena had a thing with him when they were both spies before Rebirth), while acknowledging that Nightwing's writer had given him a new love interest, reformed villain The Defacer (who was later written out).

    Honestly, I think Miles and Kamala do love each other - platonically. It's like Dick's relationship with Donna Troy in New Teen Titans. She married someone else and he was dating another team member, but she still said she loved him. Meaning as a friend. That's what Miles is to Kamala. They're each other's best friends, in the superhero community anyway (the only ones who trump them are probably Ganke and Bruno).
    Didn’t they give her a man just recently in the comics ?

  13. #43
    Spectacular Member Modamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    223

    Default

    People actually thought PS4 Miles was in his 20's? I thought his voice alone would tell people he's much younger.

  14. #44
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,613

    Default

    I don't have a PS4 and therefore haven't played the game, but I did remember hearing complaints that Miles looked old at the time. Didn't know they'd actually kept him at a similar age to in the comics - the game's character design is definitely poor, at least for Miles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Didn’t they give her a man just recently in the comics ?
    If you mean Batgirl, yeah, she kissed Jason Bard in her most recent issue. But bear in mind Dick's had amnesia for over a year, so currently she thinks he's out of her life for good. That was part of my point - the writers on their solo books are giving them other partners, instead of having them together like a good portion of the fandom want (there are others who want Dick to reunite with his other long term love interest Starfire instead). And the same thing happens with Miles and Kamala - Miles has THREE other potential love interests (Bombshell, Starling, and the non-hero Barbara), and Kamala's friendship with Bruno seems to be heading for an upgrade.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-09-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  15. #45
    Amazing Member Cornbread11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't have a PS4 and therefore haven't played the game, but I did remember hearing complaints that Miles looked old at the time. Didn't know they'd actually kept him at a similar age to in the comics - the game's character design is definitely poor, at least for Miles.


    If you mean Batgirl, yeah, she kissed Jason Bard in her most recent issue. But bear in mind Dick's had amnesia for over a year, so currently she thinks he's out of her life for good. That was part of my point - the writers on their solo books are giving them other partners, instead of having them together like a good portion of the fandom want (there are others who want Dick to reunite with his other long term love interest Starfire instead). And the same thing happens with Miles and Kamala - Miles has THREE other potential love interests (Bombshell, Starling, and the non-hero Barbara), and Kamala's friendship with Bruno seems to be heading for an upgrade.
    Sorry I shouldíve said kamala but yes that Bruno character that was one. And I like the bombshell character and donít really care for starling or Barbara imo. And didnít batgirl mess with Lucas fox for a little bit to during the new 52?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •