Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

So hyped, def my most anticipated game of 2020.

Here's a new video talking about the game and a post from Insomniac about the game

Hi! I’m Brian Horton, Creative Director at Insomniac Games. Last week, we were so thrilled to introduce you to the beginning of your Marvel’s Spider-Man journey on PlayStation 5 – Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales. This standalone game lets players experience the rise of Miles Morales as he discovers new powers that set him apart from his mentor, Peter Parker.

The reaction we received last week was nothing short of incredible. But we wanted to take a little bit of extra time to talk about the game and the trailer you saw and point out some things you might’ve missed. Take a look above.

At Insomniac Games, we’ve loved the character of Miles Morales for a long time. It started years ago, when Bryan Intihar (Creative Director, Marvel’s Spider-Man), suggested that we should have Miles Morales be a part of the same universe as Peter Parker. We sneakily introduced him at the end of our E3 2017 demo, surprising the audience when they thought the PlayStation Briefing was over.

As we continued with the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe, we knew that Miles’s origin story as a Spider-Man was something that needed its own game. Miles’s multicultural background reflects a more modern, diverse world and we wanted to give players a new story, with new set-pieces, fresh villains, and unique quests across Marvel’s New York City. This had to be a can’t-miss next adventure in the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe.

Let’s set the scene for the game a little more. It’s now wintertime, about a year after the events of the first game. Marvel’s New York is covered in snow, and just before Christmas break, a war between an energy corporation and a high-tech criminal army has broken out. Miles’s new home in Harlem is at the heart of the battle.

We know a lot of you want to know how big this game is. Our team at Insomniac has been working incredibly hard to bring you a fantastic Miles Morales adventure since we concluded development on Marvel’s Spider-Man. You’ll experience a full story arc with Miles, one that’s more akin to a game like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy in terms of overall scope. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales is an important, heartfelt, emotional and essential experience to expanding the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe. And we hope it will be for you as well.

We are also excited for the game to demonstrate the power of PlayStation 5 this holiday. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will show off near-instant loading, ray-tracing, 3D audio and the DualSense controller. We’ve upgraded our characters with 4D scans and improved skin shading for more realistic looking characters and spline-based hair that moves far more naturally. Many of the city’s assets have also been updated to take advantage of the new console. As you experience Miles’s story, you’ll see, hear, and feel things in a whole new way, all thanks to PS5.

It’s been amazing to be creative director on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, working with such an incredible team. I joined Insomniac near the end of Marvel’s Spider-Man, and being able to collaborate with our team and Marvel to create a new story and experience all around Miles Morales has been a career highlight. It’s been great to also work with Bryan Intihar, who directed the first game, as he continues to imagine big things for the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe.

Oh and one last thing: Many of you fans have wondered if Peter Parker is OK. Don’t worry, we still have much of Peter’s story left to tell. But this game is all about Miles, a critical part of our Spider-Man universe, and you won’t want to miss what happens.

Thank you so much for the incredible reaction to our game last week, and for all of the kind words on social media. We’re so looking forward to getting to spend more time with you in the coming months to reveal more of the game we’ve all been working on.
    From the looks of things, it gonna be about Roxxon and Tomoe. Also a time skip so that makes Miles 16 in the new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's a new video talking about the game and a post from Insomniac about the game

From the looks of things, it gonna be about Roxxon and Tomoe. Also a time skip so that makes Miles 16 in the new game.
    Cue "of course the black Superhero has to operate out of Harlem" comments .

Yeah, Roxxon and Tomoe seem kind of obvious. I'm curious which of the enemies shown in the game are connected to them and how they might work Negative in.

BANNED

Remember that Harlem in the first game was barely there. The game's North Manhattan map (i.e. North of Central Park) is quite clipped and shortened.

In the first game, you did not have historical landmarks like the Apollo Theatre, along with neighborhoods like Washington Heights, Sugar Hill and Hudson Heights, as well as the Audubon Ballroom (where Malcolm X got shot).

So the game map's version of Harlem will in fact comprise new territory and new locations that the main game didn't cover (and maybe give a sense of how the expanded New York of the next Peter Parker game might look like).

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Remember that Harlem in the first game was barely there. The game's North Manhattan map (i.e. North of Central Park) is quite clipped and shortened.

In the first game, you did not have historical landmarks like the Apollo Theatre, along with neighborhoods like Washington Heights, Sugar Hill and Hudson Heights, as well as the Audubon Ballroom (where Malcolm X got shot).

So the game map's version of Harlem will in fact comprise new territory and new locations that the main game didn't cover (and maybe give a sense of how the expanded New York of the next Peter Parker game might look like).
    Gives Miles stuff to take photos of for side-missions too .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

I guess in this case it would be easier on the developer side of things to expand on what has alredy been built (in this case Harlem) instead of building entirely new Boroughs. I know Brooklyn wasn't even in the first game. Everything past the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges were walled off.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I guess in this case it would be easier on the developer side of things to expand on what has alredy been built (in this case Harlem) instead of building entirely new Boroughs. I know Brooklyn wasn't even in the first game. Everything past the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges were walled off.
    Brooklyn remember is HUGE. It's a big area. All the four boroughs are bigger than Manhattan proper. Doing them isn't easy.

Hi! I'm new in this website and English isn't my first lenguage so pardon me for mistakes. I have readed the last Bendis phase with Miles Morales and I liked it, also I have readed Ahmed new phase until #8, and I LOVE the new art style, but the story isn't hooking me too much (although #8 ends with Miles trapped in those "tests" with that.. robot?). Do you guys recommend me to keep reading it? Keep in mind it's the only comic that I read so money isn't a big problem. I'm new to comics, and although I like Peter Parker, I'm recently more interested in Miles so I've decided to read him instead of Peter. I must say that I'm interested in all other teen heroes like Ms Marvel and Nova (all champions tho), I think because I'm a teenager myself xD, so I like them a lot, but I'm not THAT interested as for purchasing their comics for the moment (I'm new in comics as well). Sorry for this large response, I hope you understand, thanks!

Keep reading. If you've already read Bendis's Miles Morales books, then there's some exciting stuff coming up, a couple of old characters come back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

hopefully the game will have bonus download game missions. Whether or not things make it to Brooklyn or the Bronx, Queens, etc., who knows. Just make it fun.

Niffleheim

The Bombshells! Really? Olivia Octavius had a better story arc than the Bombshells combined.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The Bombshells! Really? Olivia Octavius had a better story arc than the Bombshells combined.
    How? Olivia is just a mad scientist doing her mad scientist experiment, with an albeit really fun reveal. While Momma Bombshell ain't much better, her Dynamic with Lana and just Lana's journey from bad egg to spunky do gooder in general has way more potential in the long run.....and we just put a Dr. Octopus away, i'd prefer not to fight Otto's twin sister or whatever.

The Bombshells and Uncle Aaron are Miles's main villians during the Bendis years so they should get a push. The Bombshells may have been wasted/squandered during Bendis's run but that's most of Marvel and Dc comics. That doesn't mean Insomniac can't give them a good push.

Niffleheim