Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Our boy got a new broad overview video for the UNEDUCATED MASSES. Some of the comments still make me roll my eyes though.

https://youtu.be/BMORLePp5M8

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Our boy got a new broad overview video for the UNEDUCATED MASSES. Some of the comments still make me roll my eyes though.

As Bruce Wayne said to Terry McGinnis regarding the Joker in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker: "Block it out, and power through."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As Bruce Wayne said to Terry McGinnis regarding the Joker in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker: "Block it out, and power through."
    But they are not bashing Terry-they only seem to target the ones of color.

It's Miles, Riri, Kamala and Sam stealing names.

It's not Tim, Conner, Damian and Cassie stealing names.

It's like folks forget history.

Like we had an Asian Spider-Man with a tv show in the 70s and Miguel in the 90s. Yet MILES is an issue.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Like we had an Asian Spider-Man with a tv show in the 70s and Miguel in the 90s. Yet MILES is an issue.
    It's kind of like Hunstman Spider said though, it's not even worth paying them any mind anymoe. All they're doing is screaming into the ether because characters like Miles and Kamala have become entriched characters. As much as you have old guard readers whining online about their presence, they're not going to go anywhere.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I found the mixing imagery of the Ahmed run while they were chronologically discussing the Bendis era...kind of weird.

Hearing Ganke's name pronounced out loud was interesting. Considering the whole "Ned" thing I don't think a media adaption has ever actually said his name out loud, come to think of it.

Well, Peter "trains Miles" in a loose sense.

I love how they say Miles met Gwen Stacy AKA Ghost Spider even though she wasn't going by that name at the time and they "shared a moment" as in the one romantic moment of that team-up before they would go on to just act like it never happened .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's kind of like Hunstman Spider said though, it's not even worth paying them any mind anymoe. All they're doing is screaming into the ether because characters like Miles and Kamala have become entriched characters. As much as you have old guard readers whining online about their presence, they're not going to go anywhere.
    Fair enough, though I think it's still applicable, at least in the sense that these people will never change their entitled minds and open their hearts to accept or at least give a fair chance to legacy characters of color (or characters of color in general, especially if they don't "stay in their lane," as it were), so what's the point of validating that?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This talk has reminded me that next year will make a full decade for Miles. With his meteoric success what are people's hopes for something special Marvel will do for him? Maybe some kind of ten year anniversary special issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    This talk has reminded me that next year will make a full decade for Miles. With his meteoric success what are people's hopes for something special Marvel will do for him? Maybe some kind of ten year anniversary special issue.
    His own team-up comic ?

That's a pretty good idea, what better way to show Miles' prominence in the universe than having him interact with its many facets?

Saladin is teasing big stuff for Miles
    https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...17328516149248

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    His own team-up comic ?
    I would like to see that. Not sure if Marvel would do it since Ms Marvel didn't last that long but Miles sells a little better and paired with the right writer it could be decent

Yeah, Miles sells better than Kamala, so a Miles led Spider-Man Team-Up title would probably do better than Ms. Marvel Team-Up did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

Spider-Men III?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I found the mixing imagery of the Ahmed run while they were chronologically discussing the Bendis era...kind of weird.

Hearing Ganke's name pronounced out loud was interesting. Considering the whole "Ned" thing I don't think a media adaption has ever actually said his name out loud, come to think of it.

Well, Peter "trains Miles" in a loose sense.

I love how they say Miles met Gwen Stacy AKA Ghost Spider even though she wasn't going by that name at the time and they "shared a moment" as in the one romantic moment of that team-up before they would go on to just act like it never happened .
    Yeah, Miles suggested the name Ghost-Spider in Spider-Geddon but Gwen only actually adopted the name six months later, in Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider #10.

As for Ganke, he doesn't exist in the Spider-Man cartoon, he was dropped from plans for the Spider-Verse movie, he's called Ned Leeds in the MCU, so yeah, unless he was in the PS4 game, there's nowhere where his name could've been said aloud is there?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Spider-Men III?
    Yep. I need the continuation of Spider-Men.