Page 42 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the only actual equivalent in that instance is Kate Bishop because she's the only one who is actually using the same exact codename as their predecessor. That's not the case for Kamala and Riri.

I don't feel like there really is a natural place to introduce a second Spider-Man, at least within Peter's narrative. Or if there was we would've probably ended up with a very different version of Miles then we have now, looking at how they handle him in adaptions where he's a supporting character to Peter.
    I don't know if the name specifics matter to the average viewer. To your average person Ironheart is the female Iron Man just like how Kate Bishop is the female Hawkeye. Ms. Marvel may actually be the exception because she was an original character who appropriated someone's name, there being an OC and a legacy character at the same time.

I don't think Miles has to fit within Peter's narrative, although I do wish they would interact more. I get the "no Spider-Man is a sidekick" shtick but Peter seems like the type to want to mentor and help Miles out as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #20

SALADIN AHMED (W), MARCELO FERREIRA (A)

Cover by JAVIER GARRON

Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE

* The penultimate chapter in the ULTIMATUM SAGA!

* Ultimatum's master plan is in motion and it's way bigger than you expect. Nearly everyone in Miles' orbit and beyond is affected and needs to get in on the battle.

* And if this issue is the battle, next is the war!!!

32 pages, $3.99.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...november-2020/
    Seems like this will be an interesting issue, but I can't help but notice there's a new artist. I wonder if Ferreira will be taking up art duties from November onwards. Also Amazing numbers 53 and 53.LR will be getting variants for the game maybe November will be the release date?

Incredible Member

Even if i weren't already reading Amazing i'd jump on those covers lol. Kinda weird Miles' series didn't get a game variant though.

That is very strange, I mean it's a nice cover but if I'm being honest it's kinda basic. No specific theme and as you said no relation to the game coming out either the same or the next month besides it being Miles. I know it's a launch title for a next gen console but it needs a little more promotion than this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That is very strange, I mean it's a nice cover but if I'm being honest it's kinda basic. No specific theme and as you said no relation to the game coming out either the same or the next month besides it being Miles. I know it's a launch title for a next gen console but it needs a little more promotion than this.
    Depends on when thiese covers are made. I mean how fast can you toss out a gamer cover-especially if you were not sure how Miles would look in it. You don't want to use stock footage.

The only problem with that is that the two Amazing covers are being done by two of the guys that worked on the game. Unless there's a mandatory release time for variants the current one could have been at anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Seems like this will be an interesting issue, but I can't help but notice there's a new artist. I wonder if Ferreira will be taking up art duties from November.
    Well Carmen Carnero did say she did the art for one of the X-Men “X of Swords” tie-ins ( I believe it was the Hellions series). She probably took time off from Miles book to do that one and will most likely be back on main art duty for Miles in the next arc. Remember main artists take time off from their main books every now & again. Javier Garron was no exception to that when he was the main artist for Miles’ book.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #20

SALADIN AHMED (W), MARCELO FERREIRA (A)

Cover by JAVIER GARRON

Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE

* The penultimate chapter in the ULTIMATUM SAGA!

* Ultimatum's master plan is in motion and it's way bigger than you expect. Nearly everyone in Miles' orbit and beyond is affected and needs to get in on the battle.

* And if this issue is the battle, next is the war!!!

32 pages, $3.99.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...november-2020/
    I feel like Ahmed really wants to write Captain America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I don't know if the name specifics matter to the average viewer. To your average person Ironheart is the female Iron Man just like how Kate Bishop is the female Hawkeye. Ms. Marvel may actually be the exception because she was an original character who appropriated someone's name, there being an OC and a legacy character at the same time.
    But that's like thinking of Robin or Batgirl as a female Batman, it's different from using the actual codename like Dick ended up doing.
    I don't think Miles has to fit within Peter's narrative, although I do wish they would interact more. I get the "no Spider-Man is a sidekick" shtick but Peter seems like the type to want to mentor and help Miles out as much as possible.
    I don't disagree but I can't see a way to where it really works within either's books compared to how Ahmed has been handling it.

Robin... female Batman... you do know the only female Robin in main continuity is also a Batgirl, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But that's like thinking of Robin or Batgirl as a female Batman, it's different from using the actual codename like Dick ended up doing.

I don't disagree but I can't see a way to where it really works within either's books compared to how Ahmed has been handling it.
    I wouldn't say Robin is thought of as another Batman because he wears bright colors and was conceived as the opposite of him. People know "Batman & Robin: The Dynamic Duo". To the extent general audiences know Batgirl, they very much see her as female Batman, though.

I'm not caught up with Ahmed's run but would love to see another Spider-Men mini that goes on for more than one story arc (similar to the Superman/Batman comic).
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 08-23-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Niffleheim

42nd page #42 spider (this should be a tradition)

So will Saladin be done with Miles or will he continue when it's relaunched?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    42nd page #42 spider (this should be a tradition)

So will Saladin be done with Miles or will he continue when it's relaunched?
    Bit of confusion on my end. Are you thinking the series should be relaunched after issue #42? If so then why?

Lightbulb

While they cover a ton of contemporary topics other than Miles their take on his current status quo is still interesting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

While they cover a ton of contemporary topics other than Miles their take on his current status quo is still interesting.
    Saladin Ahmed is actually addressing a lot of the points their discussing on his current run. He's slowly giving Miles his own rogues gallery and everything. I would agree more with this video if it was Bendis' run on the character in Spider-Man vol.2.

Also, found this on eBay and already posted it on the Champions thread. Like I said there I can't be too sure, but this might actually be Peach Momoko's 1:50 variant for Champions #1. But like the asterisk states this may be subject to change for the final cover.

Last edited by Grimm911; 08-23-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Saladin Ahmed is actually addressing a lot of the points their discussing on his current run. He's slowly giving Miles his own rogues gallery and everything. I would agree more with this video if it was Bendis' run on the character in Spider-Man vol.2.
    I already know Sal specifically doesn't read Miles' book, or any of the non-Peter Spider books for that matter

Benny does, but he really hated that Annual "reboot" of his origin.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.