Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Iīve seen my comment has been deleted... WHY?
    Is it the one about Kate Bishop? I still see it.

Also in response to the original post I'd rather see 1610 Kate brought back than to see Miles ans 616 Kate forced together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Kinda does play into the idea that Miles is more interested in heroics then in a life outside being Spider-Man.

People still seem pretty focused on Miles and Kamala. I haven't seen this level of dedication to Miles and Gwen.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It depends, the general public are focused on Miles and Gwen since many are excited that they're going to focus on that relationship in the sequel. So ITSV definitely help create a lot of focus on that particular shipping.

In comics it's different, due to the fandom involved. The fandom has this weird belief that anything Gwen related must belong to Peter, even though she's her own person from an alternative universe. It reminds me of the adversity

I saw towards Jean Grey and Bishop when they were together on an alternate universe
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by leo619; 01-13-2020 at 09:52 AM.

BANNED

Wow, that was weird, Iīve searched 4 o 5 times and didnīt find anything... by the way, best girl for Miles? (it may be canon or fan ship)

BANNED

I didnīt know Miles and Kamala has so many shippers... about ITSV... I hope in sequel they actually kiss, not a fan of generic "better stay friends"

Astonishing Member

Wow, that was weird, Iīve searched 4 o 5 times and didnīt find anything... by the way, best girl for Miles? (it may be canon or fan ship)
    If I was go into a top 5, it would be

1 - Miles/ Spider Gwen

2 - Miles/Bombshell

3 - Miles/Kamala

4 - Miles/Starling

5 - Miles/Tomoe (thanks digi)
    Last edited by leo619; 01-13-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

I didnīt know Miles and Kamala has so many shippers... about ITSV... I hope in sequel they actually kiss, not a fan of generic "better stay friends"
    I'm pretty sure the first will happen, seeing as the first movie was originally going to have them be a romantic partner but one of the writers suggested they start as friends first. Due to that, I'd wager there's a good chance they'll become a full fledge couple in the
    movie. With that said, this is a movie in hollywood, which regularly prevents a happy ever after towards certain type of pairings (LGBT, BM/WF, etc) so I sadly wouldn't be surprised if they went the second route.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    If I was go into a top 5, it would be

1 - Miles/ Spider Gwen

2 - Miles/Bombshell

3 - Miles/Kamala

4 - Miles/Starling

5 - Miles/Japanese Crime Boss (forgot her name)
    Tomoe. AKA Techno Golem.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    It depends, the general public are focused on Miles and Gwen since many are excited that they're going to focus on that relationship in the sequel. So ITSV definitely help create a lot of focus on that particular shipping.

In comics it's different, due to the fandom involved. The fandom has this weird belief that anything Gwen related must belong to Peter, even though she's her own person from an alternative universe. It reminds me of the adversity

I saw towards Jean Grey and Bishop when they were together on an alternate universe
    end of spoilers

Sadly I have to agree, there are some toxic members within the marvel and Spider-Man fanbase that are against the very idea of interracial relationships in general and I have seen a lot of unwanted hate being thrown at mile’s direction just cause they hate the possibility of it happening. I especially see it more on some fan forms, YouTube post, and twitter. They bash him just cause he different shade down to calling him a knock-off poc peter Parker copy.
    Last edited by Cornbread11; 01-13-2020 at 12:50 PM.

It most likely will, some of Phil lord’s recent twitter post threw out 2019 where heavily hinting towards them being the next Big pairing in the Spider-Man films

Incredible Member

A first look at his upcoming omnibus.

https://youtu.be/IW8eXh5KMW0

I don't know if i just can't find the right information, but i don't remember seeing Spider-Men II being included in the contents, but as you will see in the video it is indeed included in the Omnibus.

BANNED

I realize there is an interesting sexual racism, I explain myself: always I suggest a white female should date a black male, people invent poor excuses to say "nah, better stay friends", maybe they donīt really hate black people, but do really hate the idea of black male dating white female. That or "I donīt think she can match with any BM". Iīm worrying people insistence on boring friendship over sexual/romantic things, I guess there are many otakus inside too comic fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Is it the one about Kate Bishop? I still see it.

Also in response to the original post I'd rather see 1610 Kate brought back than to see Miles ans 616 Kate forced together.
    Talking about Gwen and 616 Kate Bishop...do people think Miles is into older women ?
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Definitely if we're focusing on Into the Spider-Verse it's put a lot of emphasis on the relationship, although it seems to be the main (and only) representation of it at the moment.

Comics-wise, it feels like Miles and Gwen have just kind of passed each other by after "Sitting in a Tree." Their stories and characters just don't feel very relevant to each other anymore. I can't remember the last time they had a significant interaction beyond acknowledging each other in Spidergeddon.

Miles has developed deeper relationships with other women, romantically or otherwise, and Gwen has interacted more with 616 Peter then she has Miles ever since she got a new creative team (and just generally doesn't seem interested in dating anyone).
    end of spoilers
    I'm pretty sure the first will happen, seeing as the first movie was originally going to have them be a romantic partner but one of the writers suggested they start as friends first. Due to that, I'd wager there's a good chance they'll become a full fledge couple in the
    movie. With that said, this is a movie in hollywood, which regularly prevents a happy ever after towards certain type of pairings (LGBT, BM/WF, etc) so I sadly wouldn't be surprised if they went the second route.
    I kind of wish more movies would do that slow build instead of having to rush a relationship to end in a kiss by the time the movie is over. And I say this as a huge romantic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Sadly I have to agree, there are some toxic members within the marvel and Spider-Man fanbase that are against the very idea of interracial relationships in general and I have seen a lot of unwanted hate being thrown at mile’s direction just cause they hate the possibility of it happening. I especially see it more on some fan forms, YouTube post, and twitter. They bash him just cause he different shade down to calling him a knock-off poc peter Parker copy.
    Are you referring in part to the reaction to Zendaya as Michelle Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Talking about Gwen and 616 Kate Bishop...do people think Miles is into older women ?
    Well, I’m pretty sure Starling and Bombshell are older than him too .

I kind of wish more movies would do that slow build instead of having to rush a relationship to end in a kiss by the time the movie is over. And I say this as a huge romantic.
    It’s a lot simpler (and lazier) to just end it on a kiss and say they lived happily ever after than it is to write an actual relationship with all of its ups and downs. It’s one of the reasons why a lot of couples in media don’t get to stay together. It should also be mentioned that romantic relationships are considered benchmarks for being happy and fulfilled so ending a story on the hero getting into a relationship is just a way to indicate a fulfilling ending. So as a result we get half baked romances shoved into media just to give the impression of a more complete ending even when it just distracts from actually important elements of a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Well, I’m pretty sure Starling and Bombshell are older than him too .
    I figured with the Secret Wars revamp Lana is probably closer to Miles' age.

BANNED

Iīve forgotten about Bombshell and I donīt know how it happened, I fucking love her!