Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Who is Ultimatum?
    The original 616 Miles Morales before Secret Wars.

Yeah, no way he sees multimedia usage, unfortunately. Into the Spider-Verse can't use him in sequels because he's using Ultimates tech - i.e. alternate universe Avengers. Which Sony can't use. Anything else runs into the issue of having to explain the alternate Miles, and bear in mind, ITSV is the only time Spider-Gwen has been used correctly - she's main universe in Marvel's Spider-Man, Marvel Rising, and the IDW comics, and she's from the same universe as Miles in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here it is, still maintains the basic design of the original suit while adding a few small changes to it.
    Nice! And thanks! Sweet shading on the black, and darkening the color of his mask-eyes is an interesting choice!
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-02-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    As far as arch-enemies go, as others said Aaron/Prowler is the most entertwined into Miles' origin but Saladin Ahmed has definitely bee pushing Ultimatum more into that category.

I mentioned this in the past, but I've always imagined Andy Maguire/Alpha being brought back as an antagonist for Miles. Just one a meta level he unintentionally works as a perfect foil for Miles since Slott went out of his way to create Alpha to be a hated character. And him being bitter towards Miles for stealing what "should have been his" would make for an interesting story.
    Mentioned this before, but Alpha grew past the petulant persona he harbored during the initial point where he gained his powers. His mini cemented that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, no way he sees multimedia usage, unfortunately. Into the Spider-Verse can't use him in sequels because he's using Ultimates tech - i.e. alternate universe Avengers. Which Sony can't use. Anything else runs into the issue of having to explain the alternate Miles, and bear in mind, ITSV is the only time Spider-Gwen has been used correctly - she's main universe in Marvel's Spider-Man, Marvel Rising, and the IDW comics, and she's from the same universe as Miles in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.
    I personally wouldn't use "correctly", because that implies they have to be 100% beholden to things even when it'd hamper telling the story. Them making adaptational adjustments is normal.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-02-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Incredible Member

All you'd really have to do is trim the fat of his story and move some pieces around a bit. Just have him jump from his own earth where he still had his gang origin(and/or took down his world's Avengers) but loses his wife so decides to make a jump to Miles' earth to find her again, doesn't work out, maybe make his universal jump a one-way trip and now he has decided to set up shop in this new earth.
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 10-03-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    All you'd really have to do is trim the fat of his story a move some peaces around a bit. Just have him jump from his own earth where he still had his gang origin(and/or took down his world's Avengers) but loses his wife so decides to make a jump to Miles' earth to find her again, doesn't work out, maybe make his universal jump a one-way trip and now he has decided to set up shop in this new earth.
    That still sounds convoluted to me, unless we're doing a Spider-Verse story (so, really, only in the animated movies).

hydra cap is unironically easier to adapt than ultimatum and that's weird
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That still sounds convoluted to me, unless we're doing a Spider-Verse story (so, really, only in the animated movies).
    And like I said, the animated movies can't use the Avengers, so Ultimatum can't be used there either.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Eh, give him an entire season of tv to mastermind and build him up and its totally doable. Maybe not in this current cartoon, but being unworkable in any future media? I don't think so.

With the amount of setup needed for outside appearances I almost feel like he shouldn't be the only extradimensional enemy, which I could see given how ITSV's popularity linked Miles with the concept in the public eye. I'm not saying there should be a ton, but I could definitely see others being added as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    hydra cap is unironically easier to adapt than ultimatum and that's weird
    It depends how you do it. Like, do you still use Kobik? Do you still have old man Steve wishing himself younger? Do you go into all the explanation trying to justify who the real Cap was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    With the amount of setup needed for outside appearances I almost feel like he shouldn't be the only extradimensional enemy, which I could see given how ITSV's popularity linked Miles with the concept in the public eye. I'm not saying there should be a ton, but I could definitely see others being added as time goes on.
    I guess it's impossible to disassociate Miles from the concept of the Multiverse, it's just a question of how deep the association should be for stories between the standard Spider-Man stuff of the games and the cross-dimensional adventures of the movies.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'd mention that in the case of Marvel Rising, Gwen seems to be the only spider-hero in that reality and her backstory, with the exception of her dead best friend being an Inhuman named Kevin, is mostly true to her original comics appearances in terms of The Mary Janes and her alter ego being hunted by the police, led by her own father, and S.H.I.E.L.D.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'd probably just make Ultimatum Aaron's old friend/partner in crime and scrap the "Alternate Miles" aspect. I don't mind the idea, I just never bought him as an alternate version of Miles. I felt the spider-gwen crossover did that idea better with Jefferson being that universe's version of Scorpion.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-04-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Major development in #19
    spoilers:
    Miles and Aaron have both regained their memories of Earth-1610!
    end of spoilers

Major development in #19
    spoilers:
    Miles and Aaron have both regained their memories of Earth-1610!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I doubt that will lead to them going back home though
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy