Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1267

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm expecting Saladin to do more with Accessor and Quantum as well.
    I wonder when's the next time we'll see Quantum? The last we heard of him was that Infinite Destinies thing going against Iron Man that was supposed to be in June, so if they're still doing that I'd imagine it would be after King in Black is over so maybe Spring or Summer next year.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Yes, you've implied and stated your disdain for the character multiple times.
    It's just a personal opinion/preference .

Astonishing Member

I know the story goes hard on the idea that... spoilers:
    Aaron is dead.
    end of spoilers

But I feel it needs to be mentioned again that... spoilers:
    we don't actually know that, do we?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Aaron actually being dead would be ten times more shocking than him actually being alive. He may as well have gotten "lost at sea" or something like that, the only real questions are when will he be back and how his absence will effect Miles
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    Aaron actually being dead would be ten times more shocking than him actually being alive. He may as well have gotten "lost at sea" or something like that, the only real questions are when will he be back and how his absence will effect Miles
    end of spoilers
    So I got two thoughts on this. The more I sit on the ending of this last arc the more I'm okay with it and want to give Saladin Ahmed the benefit of the doubt. I say this because I want to believe he's playing the long game with Miles' character arc here. A big theme of these 20 issues was how big of a support unit his family has been for him and repairing his relationship with Aaron. Almost to a fault because it's now technically been twice that Aaron has bailed Miles out of a situation first time with Accessor and now here again with Ultimatum. I want to believe this is all intentional on Ahmed's part where this next stage of his run is focusing on Miles learning to stand on his own two feet when backed into a corner.

I know a counter to this is that this wasn't a problem when Bendis was writing the character but I say yes and no to that. Back in the Ultimate universe Miles had Jessica Drew and the other Ultimates constantly watching out for him, and Bendis had an issue of rather divisively ending so many fights with an anticlimax.

My second thing with Aaron now it another theory

spoilers:
    With him seemingly stranded in the Ultimate Universe I have to imagine that he is going to get all of his memories back, including his and Miles' fight that led to his death at the time. I could see him backsliding a bit on his character development, even stealing some of the tech Ultimatum had appropriated for himself. I don't think he'll straight up become a villain again, but I could see him trying to control things from the background, using the justification that he's trying to protect his family.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

spoilers:
    With him seemingly stranded in the Ultimate Universe I have to imagine that he is going to get all of his memories back, including his and Miles' fight that led to his death at the time. I could see him backsliding a bit on his character development, even stealing some of the tech Ultimatum had appropriated for himself. I don't think he'll straight up become a villain again, but I could see him trying to control things from the background, using the justification that he's trying to protect his family.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Aren't we supposed to assume that still happened in 616?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yep. This is exactly how I see it. Aaron hasn't been killed; he's been put on a bus, and that bus will come back. Like you say, it's only a matter of when.

And as someone who is all for the "Aaron is a tangible supporting good guy in Miles' life, I'm also for it not taking too long, personally.
    end of spoilers

So I got two thoughts on this. The more I sit on the ending of this last arc the more I'm okay with it and want to give Saladin Ahmed the benefit of the doubt. I say this because I want to believe he's playing the long game with Miles' character arc here. A big theme of these 20 issues was how big of a support unit his family has been for him and repairing his relationship with Aaron. Almost to a fault because it's now technically been twice that Aaron has bailed Miles out of a situation first time with Accessor and now here again with Ultimatum. I want to believe this is all intentional on Ahmed's part where this next stage of his run is focusing on Miles learning to stand on his own two feet when backed into a corner.

I know a counter to this is that this wasn't a problem when Bendis was writing the character but I say yes and no to that. Back in the Ultimate universe Miles had Jessica Drew and the other Ultimates constantly watching out for him, and Bendis had an issue of rather divisively ending so many fights with an anticlimax.

My second thing with Aaron now it another theory

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    These are some theories, but we'll have to see how they pan out. I hold some resentment in the "anticlimax" thing, since I've found that was just something some would throw out as a means of dragging Miles down because they didn't like him from jump street. (Still waiting on him to use his own webbing again, and actually start training in their use.)

As well, we'd need to see what Ahmed would mean for "Miles to stand on his two feet", since that's something he's really always done, even now. Needing or getting help doesn't mean that he isn't standing on his own two feet, after all. That, plus Miles' support network and his proximity to said support network are part of what makes Miles' take unique and appealing in the first place.

Meanwhile... spoilers:
    we'll have to see if Ahmed brought Aaron closer to Miles in a genuine fashion so that he could have Aaron backslide, even if due to necessity. We'd also need to see how much that'd be worth in practice, of course.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 12-08-2020 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    spoilers:
    Yep. This is exactly how I see it. Aaron hasn't been killed; he's been put on a bus, and that bus will come back. Like you say, it's only a matter of when.

And as someone who is all for the "Aaron is a tangible supporting good guy in Miles' life, I'm also for it not taking too long, personally.
    end of spoilers

These are some theories, but we'll have to see how they pan out. I hold some resentment in the "anticlimax" thing, since I've found that was just something some would throw out as a means of dragging Miles down because they didn't like him from jump street. (Still waiting on him to use his own webbing again, and actually start training in their use.)

As well, we'd need to see what Ahmed would mean for "Miles to stand on his two feet", since that's something he's really always done, even now. Needing or getting help doesn't mean that he isn't standing on his own two feet, after all. That, plus Miles' support network and his proximity to said support network are part of what makes Miles' take unique and appealing in the first place.

Meanwhile... spoilers:
    we'll have to see if Ahmed brought Aaron closer to Miles in a genuine fashion so that he could have Aaron backslide, even if due to necessity. We'd also need to see how much that'd be worth in practice, of course.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    My thoughts exactly, their relationship is fine as is and if not done properly added drama will only feel forced.
    end of spoilers
    I'm right there with you on the energy webbing, the game just further enforced my belief that Miles has such a unique visual that should be taken advantage of.
    spoilers:
    We're also in agreement on Miles always having stood on his own. His support system is honestly part of what I like best about Miles, and when that system actually manages to lend a hand in a tight situation all the better for it
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    My thoughts exactly, their relationship is fine as is and if not done properly added drama will only feel forced.
    end of spoilers
    I'm right there with you on the energy webbing, the game just further enforced my belief that Miles has such a unique visual that should be taken advantage of.
    spoilers:
    We're also in agreement on Miles always having stood on his own. His support system is honestly part of what I like best about Miles, and when that system actually manages to lend a hand in a tight situation all the better for it
    end of spoilers
    Concurred with everything.

spoilers:
    Miles having a strong support network is one of the things that contrasts him with Peter, but I don't think writers have been too egregious about it to where it seems like Miles can't accomplish anything or win without them. So I don't think that's too big an issue.

I could see the Energy Webbing being an upgrade for Miles in the next Miles game, although I don't see Ahmed using them at this rate.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

As long as we don't see the body, I never consider a character dead. So, Aaron MIGHT be still alive.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Miles having a strong support network is one of the things that contrasts him with Peter, but I don't think writers have been too egregious about it to where it seems like Miles can't accomplish anything or win without them. So I don't think that's too big an issue.

I could see the Energy Webbing being an upgrade for Miles in the next Miles game, although I don't see Ahmed using them at this rate.
    end of spoilers
    I hope Ahmed and Miles keep forgetting to use that powerset forever more in the comicbook I hate it with a passion

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    As long as we don't see the body, I never consider a character dead. So, Aaron MIGHT be still alive.
    He’ll eventually return...............with Ultimate Jessica Drew!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He’ll eventually return...............with Ultimate Jessica Drew!
    That would be cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

If Miles is still missing any 1610 memories, she's definitely the best one to unlock them. A character who used to be one of his closest allies, who he's now completely forgotten. Isn't she who he originally got his costume from?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman