Page 106 of 112 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1675
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I want Original Captain England, Original Captain Albion, Linda, Justicer Bull and Lady London back! Especially that dreamy Captain England!
    Same. I would rather have some of these characters as well. More diverse than just alternate Betsy’s. Similar to Green Lantern Corp where they’re different and diverse characters. Plus I would have loved to see Linda and her friendship now that Betsy is CB again since they were partners for a bit.

I would love to have Linda lead the search party for Betts!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I have to say that the more I think about this whole CB Corp of Betsy’s, the more it bothers me. In most, not all, Brian or an alt version has been a CB or a version of that title. Betsy has only been CB for a short amount of time. As the call for the CB Corp goes out, we already see that these alt world Betsy’s are already CB. So does what happens in 616 direct those that happen in alt universes? Shouldn’t some of these Captains not be an alt Betsy?

As cool as it was to see the CBC come to battle, I think it would have been cooler to have all different types of Captain Britains instead of them all being just that world’s Betsy. Now we have all these alternate Betsy’s and not even the best version of the original.
    The Captain Britain corps literally got killed off during the incursions and they were not brought back to life when everything was recreated.

So in all those worlds, with Brian dead Betsy replaced him when Saturnyne cast the spell. 616 Brian is the only Brian left, and it is because Saturnyne saved him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The Captain Britain corps literally got killed off during the incursions and they were not brought back to life when everything was recreated.

So in all those worlds, with Brian dead Betsy replaced him when Saturnyne cast the spell. 616 Brian is the only Brian left, and it is because Saturnyne saved him.
    Are you speculating that?

So when Franklin remade all the universes again he just didn’t remake any Brians, but pretty much everyone else? I’m seriously asking because I didn’t read any of the build up with Brian and the incursions building up to Secret Wars (issues for the destruction and for when Brian was the only one still left).

They are already dressed as CB when the spell is cast calling them. So the spell was just like “cool, we will turn all the alt versions of Betsy into CB without them choosing or wanting to”? If they were already Captains then she should have just been able to call them instead of rebuilding. If the spell wound up being Brian instead of Betsy in that mosaic, then would all of the Brian’s have come back to life and been Captains of their worlds?

If that’s the case then that’s sloppy plotting and writing and makes me now think the issue wasn’t as great as I thought and makes me just see an even bigger miss and something that wasn’t thought out well.

Do we know when issue 16 of Excalibur is coming out?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Dec. 23, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Dec. 23, I believe.
    Thank you

sadly, so far away. Really anxious to know if what they'll do with Betsy will finally be satisfying.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Are you speculating that?

So when Franklin remade all the universes again he just didn’t remake any Brians, but pretty much everyone else? I’m seriously asking because I didn’t read any of the build up with Brian and the incursions building up to Secret Wars (issues for the destruction and for when Brian was the only one still left).

They are already dressed as CB when the spell is cast calling them. So the spell was just like “cool, we will turn all the alt versions of Betsy into CB without them choosing or wanting to”? If they were already Captains then she should have just been able to call them instead of rebuilding. If the spell wound up being Brian instead of Betsy in that mosaic, then would all of the Brian’s have come back to life and been Captains of their worlds?

If that’s the case then that’s sloppy plotting and writing and makes me now think the issue wasn’t as great as I thought and makes me just see an even bigger miss and something that wasn’t thought out well.
    Saturnyne tells Captain Britain/Betsy that she lost the Captain Britain corps. As in they are dead. As X of Swords comes about she says there will be a new Captain Britain corps.

So Saturnyne made a new Captain Britain corps of Betsys because the Brians are still dead as stated in Excalibur.

It is what it is.

Bit weird that Franklin remade all the universes but decided not to resurrect any of the Brian's.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Bit weird that Franklin remade all the universes but decided not to resurrect any of the Brian's.
    he probably did but like in 616 they left their "job"/"position" to their sister Betsy for one reason or another.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

Thank you. I liked the reveal of the spell and reassembling until I thought about it and it didn’t make sense because they were all dressed as captains already. I know she want Brian as CB and the spell did what it was supposed to and not what she wanted, but if they were existing she could have called them at any time. That’s a miss for me now and it doesn’t make sense to me anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Saturnyne tells Captain Britain/Betsy that she lost the Captain Britain corps. As in they are dead. As X of Swords comes about she says there will be a new Captain Britain corps.

So Saturnyne made a new Captain Britain corps of Betsys because the Brians are still dead as stated in Excalibur.

It is what it is.
    Betsy is still a mutant right? Brian wasn't

BANNED

Very unlikely that this woud happen, h emade mostly as they were or just created brand new

You know how Captain America took the red out of the uniform. I feel like they should do that with Betsy. The red clashes with the iconic purple hair. Also get rid of the cape.

Another thing is she should have been named Monarch / Captain Avalon / Avalon and they should have rebooted the corps to the Captain / Avalon / Monarch Corps. (Butterfly Effect Theory)

Its just weird to have the omniverse attached to only the British Isles. Also superheros names after countries is just lame to me.

That's my unpopular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    You know how Captain America took the red out of the uniform. I feel like they should do that with Betsy. The red clashes with the iconic purple hair. Also get rid of the cape.

Another thing is she should have been named Monarch / Captain Avalon / Avalon and they should have rebooted the corps to the Captain / Avalon / Monarch Corps. (Butterfly Effect Theory)

Its just weird to have the omniverse attached to only the British Isles. Also superheros names after countries is just lame to me.

That's my unpopular opinion.
    Or Betsy can dye her hair to match the iconic union flag colours?
    Last edited by kevlon; 11-29-2020 at 03:03 AM.