Page 85 of 112 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1675

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I’ll be disappointed if she dies. She really hasn’t done much in Excalibur. If she’s going to do anything at least make her win against an opponent that “can’t lose”. Let’s finally see a Betsy that dives in but actually uses her telepathy to her advantage. She’s still a sneaky telepath. She did go against Magneto and made that killing blow in Uncanny X-men. She also used her telepathy to summon a T-Rex to attack him when he thought she was trying to read his mind. Can we see more of that Betsy. She doesn’t have to be a killer, but let’s see her start holding her own and be bad ass again like she always was
    Agreed. Excalibur has been going for 12 issues now and there hasn’t been anything remotely like this. It doesn’t make me feel optimistic at all. Betsy in that Uncanny run could be grating sometimes, but I still prefer that to the non entity she’s become in Excalibur.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 10-05-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Agreed. Excalibur has been going for 12 issues now and there hasn’t been anything remotely like this. It doesn’t make me feel optimistic at all.
    Nothing remotely interesting. The Captain Britain mantle should be just an add on. She still has telepathy and telekinesis. She attacked Sabertooth with a psycho blast and lived. She did the same to Juggernaut. She’s used telepathy to have her opponents see her being somewhere else (inferno and in training with Rogue and Colossus). She saw the X-men die (maybe with a warning from Gateway) and made them go through Siege Perilous to save them. She fought Mandarin. She fought Magneto. She used cunning and skill to start the escape in Genosha. She rebuilt her body after being killed by Sapphire Styx. Where is any of that Betsy?! Can she finally show up in X of Swords?

I enjoy reading about strong women (Storm, Jean, Rogue, Betsy...) and I’m disappointed that Tini hasn’t approached her like that at all IMO. You can say whatever you want about Claremazons, but that’s how I read these women. They had their personal struggles but they were strong. This Betsy is just wishy washy to me. I’m hoping X of Sword changes that.

Nothing remotely interesting. The Captain Britain mantle should be just an add on. She still has telepathy and telekinesis. She attacked Sabertooth with a psycho blast and lived. She did the same to Juggernaut. She’s used telepathy to have her opponents see her being somewhere else (inferno and in training with Rogue and Colossus). She saw the X-men die (maybe with a warning from Gateway) and made them go through Siege Perilous to save them. She fought Mandarin. She fought Magneto. She used cunning and skill to start the escape in Genosha. She rebuilt her body after being killed by Sapphire Styx. Where is any of that Betsy?! Can she finally show up in X of Swords?

I enjoy reading about strong women (Storm, Jean, Rogue, Betsy...) and I’m disappointed that Tini hasn’t approached her like that at all IMO. You can say whatever you want about Claremazons, but that’s how I read these women. They had their personal struggles but they were strong. This Betsy is just wishy washy to me. I’m hoping X of Sword changes that.
    Exactly. I don’t even understand the point of having her in Excalibur in the first place, if Tini Howard was just going to do nothing with her and then kill her and we have to wait for some other book to possibly see the character get good use.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So Isca is a localized probability alterer, and that’s why her powers allow her to win no matter what?

Ultimate Member

So far being Captain Britain has done nothing at all for Betsy, and this crossover she could be a big part, or perhaps her death could spur on a lot...so who knows...though so far it's not looking good sadly...

Let's not panic before something concrete happens. I have faith they have big things stored for her. In the event and after.

On the other hand, if she doesn't die or lose...they would be huge for her character since Isca never loses. That would gain Saturnyne's respect for fure.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Let's not panic before something concrete happens. I have faith they have big things stored for her. In the event and after.

On the other hand, if she doesn't die or lose...they would be huge for her character since Isca never loses. That would gain Saturnyne's respect for fure.
    Well I hope you’re right, but has she done anything at all in Excalibur that suggests she could possibly beat Isca?

Mighty Member

I’m hoping she does win. I honestly want her to pull out all her tricks and destroy Isca.. or at the very least make her turn to the Krakoan side because she knows she can’t win. I wish after this event, Brian can go back to being Captain Britain and Betsy can become something else. As long as her code name isn’t Betsy Braddock. Gaining Saturnyne’s respect would be awesome, but I would want her to become something else. Did Brian have to jump through all the British politics like Betsy did?

I think Betsy will win but won't survive.
    Probably will sacrifice herself to win that fight or something like that.
    At least she got opponent with the most interesting powers.

I’m hoping she does win. I honestly want her to pull out all her tricks and destroy Isca.. or at the very least make her turn to the Krakoan side because she knows she can’t win. I wish after this event, Brian can go back to being Captain Britain and Betsy can become something else. As long as her code name isn’t Betsy Braddock. Gaining Saturnyne’s respect would be awesome, but I would want her to become something else. Did Brian have to jump through all the British politics like Betsy did?
    Other than Jim Jaspers (the reality warper MP who hated superheroes, not really.) Brian did have a bit of an issue with one police officer, but even that got resolved.

Well I hope you’re right, but has she done anything at all in Excalibur that suggests she could possibly beat Isca?
    Because other writers, specially Hickman, are helping this. Also because Tini said X of Swords is the captain Britain story they've been building up too and everybody is been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think Betsy will win but won't survive.
    Probably will sacrifice herself to win that fight or something like that.
    At least she got opponent with the most interesting powers.
    That sounds pretty likely, or maybe she’ll just be stuck in a coma for a while like Rogue was in the first few issues? I completely forgot what the deal was with that.

Because other writers, specially Hickman, are helping this. Also because Tini said X of Swords is the captain Britain story they've been building up too and everybody is been waiting for.
    So all we have is writers hyping this event to make us think maybe she won’t lose? Nothing Tini has written in the actual issues of Excalibur to suggest this is possible?
    Last edited by Psyknight; 10-06-2020 at 02:57 PM.

That sounds pretty likely, or maybe she’ll just be stuck in a coma for a while like Rogue was in the first few issues? I completely forgot what the deal was with that.

So all we have is writers hyping this event to make us think maybe she won’t lose? Nothing Tini has written in the actual issues of Excalibur to suggest this is possible?
    No... otherwise I would have told you so. I just chose to stay optimistic about it until proven wrong....Otherwise life can be a drag darling.

But if you need to dissect things...Saturnyne has made a point that Betsy need to prove her worth as Captain Britain in the preview issue of the event. It would be trolling fans to make her point not being worthy the her title and just dying.

Mighty Member

No... otherwise I would have told you so. I just chose to stay optimistic about it until proven wrong....Otherwise life can be a drag darling.

But if you need to dissect things...Saturnyne has made a point that Betsy need to prove her worth as Captain Britain in the preview issue of the event. It would be trolling fans to make her point not being worthy the her title and just dying.
    I feel like Tini kinda already killed Betsy. She’s had no growth the entire run so far. Giving someone a new title isn’t growth. She honestly hasn’t done anything with the title Captain Britain. Rictor has all the growth (really just in power upgrades, so maybe still no growth). Apocalypse has gotten all the major attention. They’re the only two that have done anything for the entire run of Excalibur. Oh wait, Betsy killed her brother, but that’s a normal thing for her. And she’s talked to Shogo dragon. Excalibur where Captain Britain isn’t the main character.

It’s just hard to be optimistic when it feels like they’ve already trolled the fans.

I feel like Tini kinda already killed Betsy. She’s had no growth the entire run so far. Giving someone a new title isn’t growth. She honestly hasn’t done anything with the title Captain Britain. Rictor has all the growth (really just in power upgrades, so maybe still no growth). Apocalypse has gotten all the major attention. They’re the only two that have done anything for the entire run of Excalibur. Oh wait, Betsy killed her brother, but that’s a normal thing for her. And she’s talked to Shogo dragon. Excalibur where Captain Britain isn’t the main character.
    Yes, all of this.