Page 24 of 112 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Attachment 93622

Been working on this in my free time. Wanted to go full-on Sword of Might Cap Britain, but mix the best bits from Brian's classic look and Lionheart 2.0. The armguard is supposed have embellishments from Great Britain's Coat of Arms, like the three guardant lions on her gauntlet, but I feel like it's a cliche for asymmetrical metallic armguards among X-Men characters. Plus I'm not that great at detail. The yellow clasps at her neck are a lion and unicorn.

I went into this tryin to reconcile the ELIZABETH of the Captain Britain identity. The current design is lovely and has its fans —but I feel like Betsy, after years of ninja-ing and x-forcing, wouldn't be comfy in a voluminous cape or large expanses of white. This is trying to acknowledge all that recent bloodshed and adrenaline with her stately English and Otherworld heritage. Betsy may never be Britain's "Superman", but she may be its Wonder Woman —at Diana's most ferocious.
    Looks nice

Thanks guys :-)

I want to do a purple non Cap version that she wears when she doesn’t need the Cap Britain upgrade. Inspired by “magical girl” tropes with a animated butterfly sequence. She attaches her collar to “button-up” and become Cap, har har har. That’ll have to wait a while.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Anyone know when Hickman’s coming on to co-write with Tini? I hope they bring in Silva or Asrar on for art duties.

Shoot. I wish. We honestly don't know if he will. But I hope Excalibur is his next take over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Anyone know when Hickman’s coming on to co-write with Tini? I hope they bring in Silva or Asrar on for art duties.
    we know tini and him will work on the same titles for empyre mini and this new summer event.

Im beginning to notice that the artist of DoX don't like to draw Betsy. Even in backgrounds she doesnt show up anywhere else other than Excalibur. Am I wrong?

Kind of annoying. When they tried to say that she would have an elevated status on Krakoa.

ER0HchiXsAE5Yuq.jpg

She looks so bad ass here.

she does indeed. If they lost the cape and darken the colors I would like this costume a lot more.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I sent a tweet to the writer of The Union. He won't be using Brian or Betsy. Which is quite unfortunate. IMO.
    Well why the hell not, I need my Bets fix and it would be nice if she received the opportunity to appear across titles frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    Hello everyone! This is my first ever post on this site. I'm pretty limited in my knowledge of comics but Betsy is one of my favourites (probably because she was in the COTA, MSH, Mutant Apocalypse and Clone Wars video games). Though I understand the yellowface issues and the reasons for her switching back to a British body, I think she should have kept the Psylocke name and Kwannon should have taken a different name.
    Welcome hope you enjoy it here, and no complaints from me she's earned the butterflies and namesake "Psylocke" and I miss them. A small consolation is the nearest chance this CB thing leads to a more substantive role among the X-men and Marvel... so far...does not seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Idk how active everyone is on twitter but this young lady has been getting a ton of buzz for her Captain Britain cosplay. She’s adorable! And I think she’s the first person to cosplay the fit so far? Super fun, huh.

https://twitter.com/0dfel
    That's incredibly well done.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyButterfly View Post
    I cannot begin to explain how much I miss Betsy as Psylocke. The iconic color-scheme, the butterfly power-insignia that was absolutely stolen from her in a lazy attempt to promote a new character, the new suit that looked absolutely amazing and that we will probably never see again...

Attachment 93592

Kwannon should be either an empathic ninja with a katana, or telekinetic ninja Betsy should be primarily a psycho-blasting/ knife telepath with extensive combat and weaponry training. That small window after her most recent return to her original body was a real love this costume and imagery.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    she does indeed. If they lost the cape and darken the colors I would like this costume a lot more.
    It's clear she hasn't watched The Incredibles.

Ultimate Member

Which only proves that the recent bodyswap was all about race and after that Marvel doesn't seem to have terribly much interest in Betsy...

BANNED

Betsy remaking her body by her own hands and power was one of the most satisfying conclusions to an arch in comic book history and i stand by that.

Lets not victimize ourselves and gain some prespective: betsy has consistently been a presence in books since her body swap, where shed have periods of being dead/gone/out of characther that stretched years in the kwannon body, Still has years of characther and interactions intact, and is now captain brittain attached to the very obvious arrako story coming up in the plan hickman has, wich we know stretches for years, closely talks with tini and wrote a hell of a captain brittain on his avengers run.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Which only proves that the recent bodyswap was all about race and after that Marvel doesn't seem to have terribly much interest in Betsy...
    1. Yes it was about race.

2. I think the issue is entirely about interest(s) in Betsy. I think Excalibur is a mixed bag for a lot of people. A big factor is that the Excalibur book counts as a DoX exercise, when Betsy & co could have been used to bring in an outsider perspective to Krakoa, reintroduce Marvel UK heroes, and integrate them to the greater (American) world of heroes.

Excalibur could've been the bridge between mutant and human heroic effort and been unique among X-Books, but as of now it's a mutant book working toward -:A:-'s goals.

BANNED

excalibur as always been a mutant book with captain brittain however, there were some human allies but it has been more about mutants in brittain than anything else (and that time for genoshan adventures of mags)

Im hoping we start seeing Hickman influence Howard because I have gotten any of that yet from the current issues we've had.

I want Betsy to show up in X-Men.

Why isnt she more present on Krakoa?

What does she think of the Quiet Council.

Tini Howard isn't delving into any of the Krakoa status quo.