Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
I know almost nothing, BUT, it makes some sort of sense that the ENTIRE visual brand kit that was "Psylocke" in the 1990s was sheared off of Betsy Braddock and given to the new "Psylocke : Kwannon" brand kit.

I'm okay with MOST of the that decision. I've explained elsewhere that the Psylocke name was given to Betsy and not her own creation. I'm cool with their powers being similar if not the same, despite preferences. I'm even cool with the new Psylocke : Kwannon replacing Betsy in the X-Men and building a place for her among their elite ranks.

What I think is a mistake is the transference of the butterfly motif and the color purple to Kwannon. The butterfly has always been Betsy's expression of her telepathy, her personal signature. Her hair had always been purple. Kwannon should've been allowed to develop her own psychic signature that matches her own new persona, and had her own natural hair color moving forward.
Yeah, I get getting rid of the ninja assasin persona and even the Psylocke name, even though it's a cooler name than Captain Britain imo, but getting rid of her butterfly motif is so strange, it's a way more interesting visual than just the isual psionic jello. I also miss her costumes having shades of purple in them. Red and Blue together are definitely not her colors