Page 103 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1675
  1. #1531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I like it that they’re not calling her Captain Britain in any of the solicitations after X of Swords though.
    That's a good point. Hummm

  2. #1532
    Fantastic Member rhaenylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    482

    Default

    I can't wait to discover Dauterman's variant cover for Excalibur #18

    My dream would be that the trio Betsy/Rogue/Jubes be represented on it

  3. #1533
    Incredible Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Is Saturnyne a mutant? a human? something else? Maybe Betsy will kill her at the end of this and will be put to trail because of it.
    She's definitely not a mutant, but I doubt anyone would object to Betsy killing her considering that she killed her first.

    I have another theory about the supposed trial. Betsy is going to lose her X-gene after the resurrection and become a human or fae creature. And the trial is about whether they should banish her from Krakoa or not (they do of course). If you think about it it's the perfect solution for their Psylocke problem, this way they'll have a good reason to get rid of Betsy.

  4. #1534
    Fantastic Member Selene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    339

    Default

    It's been almost two and a half years, and Betsy's return to her "new old" life has been a big fat...

  5. #1535
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    5,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    It's been almost two and a half years, and Betsy's return to her "new old" life has been a big fat...
    I wouldn't call it a flop. More unimpressive and generic.
    Try Jesus. Don't try me...cause I throw hands. https://youtu.be/zFU0PTsykeU

  6. #1536
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Being Captain Britain has been the worsting that could happen to Betsy. It breaks my heart to see Psylocke’s characterization be bastardized since the dawn of X. Whatever character growth she had over the years gone in a snap of a finger. I really hate Tini for destroying everything I loved about Betsy.

  7. #1537
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    649

    Default

    I love Betsy and it sucks to see her go from kinda damsel in distress (who will fry your damn mind) to into training with the X-men to being that mysterious “is she manipulating my mind?” Telepath to ninja warrior to back to herself and being a strong ass telepath to then taking this mantle of Captain Britain and becoming unsure and not who she grew into. Like this is a miss. If they wanted to play the whole torn between Britain and Krakoa, then they should make her a Captain and that way she could be torn between three places (third being Otherworld) and how she juggles it.

    When Betsy had to basically be begged by Rictor to get out from Bloodstone’s estate, that was the end for me. Also the choice to put her in that long ass 18th century nightgown because she’s back in her Caucasian British body was like “what?!”.

  8. #1538
    Mighty Member psylurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Being Captain Britain has been the worsting that could happen to Betsy. It breaks my heart to see Psylocke’s characterization be bastardized since the dawn of X. Whatever character growth she had over the years gone in a snap of a finger. I really hate Tini for destroying everything I loved about Betsy.
    It's hard to disagree. Especially after Betsy was coming from the last number of years of character renaissance thanks to writers like Remender and Bunn, her role in Dawn of X has been terribly underwhelming.

    I'm not particularly opposed to having her as Captain Britain and having Kwannon resurrected and taking the Psylocke name, but the execution and the writing really fell short on both. For this I blame both Tini, who's had a whole year's worth of Excalibur to sell readers on Betts as Captain Britain and failed, and I also blamed Bryan Hill for failing to shape Kwannon into an interesting character in Fallen Angels. Zeb Wells has already done better with her in Hellions where she shares the spotlight with many different characters.

    The good news is, nothing is beyond repair and nothing terribly offensive has been done with either, so I'm just waiting for Tini to move on and a new writer to take Betsy under their care and redevelop her into a compelling character.

  9. #1539
    Astonishing Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    I'm not a writer apologist, but it seems this entire Excalibur run has centered on X of Swords. Perhaps once that is over we will see Tini's true motives for Betts and the team.
    Calling Wanda a Pretender is Trumpian at best

  10. #1540
    Spectacular Member Billy Maximoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    245

    Default

    I really hope Betsy appears tomorrow and does something of use, I mean Tini did say Betsy will "shine" in this event, Also Betsy has haters to prove wrong.

  11. #1541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    It's hard to disagree. Especially after Betsy was coming from the last number of years of character renaissance thanks to writers like Remender and Bunn, her role in Dawn of X has been terribly underwhelming.

    I'm not particularly opposed to having her as Captain Britain and having Kwannon resurrected and taking the Psylocke name, but the execution and the writing really fell short on both. For this I blame both Tini, who's had a whole year's worth of Excalibur to sell readers on Betts as Captain Britain and failed, and I also blamed Bryan Hill for failing to shape Kwannon into an interesting character in Fallen Angels. Zeb Wells has already done better with her in Hellions where she shares the spotlight with many different characters.

    The good news is, nothing is beyond repair and nothing terribly offensive has been done with either, so I'm just waiting for Tini to move on and a new writer to take Betsy under their care and redevelop her into a compelling character.
    I feel the same as you and agree 100% with your analysis and hopes.

    I just don't get excited anymore about Betsy so I hope they give her to a new writer soon.
    A picture would last longer darling...

  12. #1542
    Fantastic Member Leirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I feel the same as you and agree 100% with your analysis and hopes.

    I just don't get excited anymore about Betsy so I hope they give her to a new writer soon.
    Zeb Wells. When Illyana came back, it was Wells who reminded everyone what a great character she was. At this point, the best scenario for Betsy would be a crossover with Hellions.

  13. #1543
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'm not a writer apologist, but it seems this entire Excalibur run has centered on X of Swords. Perhaps once that is over we will see Tini's true motives for Betts and the team.
    Not good look. 12 issues building for a event? Not a good excuse for not having character development and I'm talking about the entire cast

  14. #1544
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,732

    Default

    Betsy does not have the power to kill Saturnyne.

    Saturnyne has destroyed whole universes. She is the omniversal majestrix and has replaced Roma Regina as Guardian of the Omniverse.

  15. #1545

    Default

    I posted spoilers on the butterfly blog. spoilers:
    Meh
    end of spoilers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •