Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Not a fan of the way she is using her powers atm. I personally did not like the run but putting that aside 2019 X-men did things right for Betsy. She had Psy-knife, Sword + Shield, TK, butterfly effect. Current Betsy is boring in comparison.

I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Yeah miss that version of Betsy. I don't want her to have Captain Britain powers. Or that lame costume.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah miss that version of Betsy. I don't want her to have Captain Britain powers. Or that lame costume.
    The problem is she hasn't showed the advanced speed, strength, stamina, durability, etc associated with Captain Britain. I have no idea why but thats how it is. I do agree the costume sucks. Especially the head gear.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

The main version of the costume, which isn't bulky and doesn't have a helmet, it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The main version of the costume, which isn't bulky and doesn't have a helmet, it's great.
    Yeah. If you pull off the cape it looks pretty sleek. I still agree with the purple clashing.

Oh it was a cover but baby this is everything. Love the psychic knife and butterfly reappearance.

This costume is great.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 01-23-2020 at 12:42 PM.

I like it when RB Silva draws it.

Also just get rid of the cape.

Brian didnt need a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Also just get rid of the cape.

Brian didnt need a cape.
    A red cape adds a ton of super-heroic signifiers to an image. For someone who's unsure of her own inherent goodness, I felt it was a powerful subversion. But I agree, it's unnecessary. Betsy's more Catwoman than Batwoman.

It's interesting that Betsy's Cap always looks best in blue-hued shadows that turn the fire-engine reds to magentas and violets. For me it's the weird choices on the torso, abdomen and legs. The breastplate is okay despite not crossing in an X, and the battleskirt color breaks are repetitive, but why would she need a racing stripe on her pants?

BANNED

i love the cape since it goes full circle to her armor and cloak look back in the 80's before she got kwaninfied.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    A red cape adds a ton of super-heroic signifiers to an image. For someone who's unsure of her own inherent goodness, I felt it was a powerful subversion. But I agree, it's unnecessary. Betsy's more Catwoman than Batwoman.

It's interesting that Betsy's Cap always looks best in blue-hued shadows that turn the fire-engine reds to magentas and violets. For me it's the weird choices on the torso, abdomen and legs. The breastplate is okay despite not crossing in an X, and the battleskirt color breaks are repetitive, but why would she need a racing stripe on her pants?
    Agree with everything. Would like for her to loose the cape and have longer hair. A darker shade for the blue and red would indeed improve the overall color scheme greatly.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Oh it was a cover but baby this is everything. Love the psychic knife and butterfly reappearance.

This costume is great.
    The costume is. That's based on the Union Jack, by the way, that's why it doesn't cross like an X.

A shame that cover shows London on fire in the background though. Brings to mind terrorist attacks. No thanks.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Excalibur today.

spoilers:
    we find out Brian was offered the choice again and picked the Sword of Might this time. He doesn’t want it though because of how he got it and he thinks people will try to use him against Betsy, so he gives it to her to hide. They even made a comment about how she’s always fancied swords. Brian got a new costume. It’s kind of better than Betsy’s and I’m jealous.
    end of spoilers
    Considering the solicit for April...
    spoilers:
    That sword ain't getting locked away for long. Britain at war with Krakoa? They are SO gonna call on their Champion. Brian and Betsy will be forced to fight again!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

B1AB36A2-BDA5-489C-8DCC-77308064F3F6.jpg

Also based on Union Jack. Crosses like an X. I assumed it would match, and for some reason it doesn’t.

BANNED

tbh betsy's powers besides her constructs have been pretty diverse, telekinesis and telepathy used in plenty, obvious increase in physical atributes since nothing has scratched her even slightly so far, flight.
    i do agree that i want more constructs like a bow, a flail, an axe, more shields forming a phalanx, also to feature in hickman's x-men (probably being saved for outworld-arakko)

and her breast plate does have an x, but its a square center one witout the contrast on the top so it doesnt pop as much, since its not blue but red.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-25-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love the cape on that cover...it's usually shorter in-story...it reminds me of her Outback armor look.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!