Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 351
  1. #136
    homo superior gifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    What would be really interesting to see is if they go back to the roots of the Captain Britain power with the Amulet of Right and the Sword of Might, and change the mythos just a bit. Give one to each of the Braddock twins and have them be two sides of the same coin. Brian as Captain Britain and Betsy as Lady Briton. They would represent the dichotomy between reason and violence, as well as mind and body (in terms of their powers).
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

  2. #137
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,480

    Default

    Well they seem to view Psylocke as only pertaining to the more Asian body and probably view it and the butterfly and all of that as being part of the problem, the "new" Betsy is what they want their own character and Captain Britain won't be her title forever and then it leaves her with basically a whole new character to make for herself, which is another problem with giving most of what made Betsy Betsy to Kwannon...

  3. #138
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    What would be really interesting to see is if they go back to the roots of the Captain Britain power with the Amulet of Right and the Sword of Might, and change the mythos just a bit. Give one to each of the Braddock twins and have them be two sides of the same coin. Brian as Captain Britain and Betsy as Lady Briton. They would represent the dichotomy between reason and violence, as well as mind and body (in terms of their powers).
    This is kind of exactly what I’m hoping for. One twin takes Amulet, one takes Sword, and they switch and swap as needs arise. The Braddocks are the X-Men’s Skywalkers. Let’s see both Luke and Leia as Otherworld Jedis.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well they seem to view Psylocke as only pertaining to the more Asian body and probably view it and the butterfly and all of that as being part of the problem, the "new" Betsy is what they want their own character and Captain Britain won't be her title forever and then it leaves her with basically a whole new character to make for herself, which is another problem with giving most of what made Betsy Betsy to Kwannon...
    Both Brian and Betsy will need new aliases when they’re not Captain’ed. Let Psylocke be. Let’s focus on Braddocks, Agents of Otherworld.

  4. #139
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,480

    Default

    That or they could view that whenever Excalibur ends that they won't make a mention of the whole Captain Britain name thing for many more years...going forward yeah she'll have to reinvent herself all over again after no longer being CB anymore whenever that is...

  5. #140
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Asrar Captain Britain.



    I wonder if this is a sneak peek from X-Men #8? The one Asrar is taking over; it doesn’t really look like the same composition as his covers.

  6. #141
    homo superior gifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This is kind of exactly what I’m hoping for. One twin takes Amulet, one takes Sword, and they switch and swap as needs arise. The Braddocks are the X-Men’s Skywalkers. Let’s see both Luke and Leia as Otherworld Jedis.
    Yes! I can totally get behind this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Asrar Captain Britain.



    I wonder if this is a sneak peek from X-Men #8? The one Asrar is taking over; it doesn’t really look like the same composition as his covers.
    Hmm. I wonder. It also looks like Big Ben is on fire. X-Men #8 is about the New Mutants returning from space, so not entirely sure for what this would be.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

  7. #142
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,480

    Default

    Maybe it's a vision or something like that, magical fire...though one would think that if the other X-Men saw this that they would do something about it...

  8. #143
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,862

    Default

    It's Rachel's latest astral form.

  9. #144
    homo superior gifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    It's Rachel's latest astral form.
    I literally LOL'd. Haha.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

  10. #145
    Mighty Member Psyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I think the decision was made to have Betsy "move on" from the Psylocke brand (which they/Marvel gave to Kwannon).

    I think the decision is stupid. The butterfly always and has been Betsy personal signature in both her pre and ninja days. Nowadays, Betsy only has a new costume and a pair of psy-sword/shield with no sign of the Captain Britain power, which is pale in comparison with her using her telepathy (even telekinesis) creatively in recent years.
    Yes to all of this.

  11. #146
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This is kind of exactly what I’m hoping for. One twin takes Amulet, one takes Sword, and they switch and swap as needs arise. The Braddocks are the X-Men’s Skywalkers. Let’s see both Luke and Leia as Otherworld Jedis.
    Both Brian and Betsy will need new aliases when they’re not Captain’ed. Let Psylocke be. Let’s focus on Braddocks, Agents of Otherworld.
    Here for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Hmm. I wonder. It also looks like Big Ben is on fire. X-Men #8 is about the New Mutants returning from space, so not entirely sure for what this would be.
    Hmmm. It’s possible that it is just a cover but I feel the aipt preview is usually a snippet from inside of an issue? Perhaps a cutscene in the issue giving us a taste of a future HiX-men issue? Who knows. Whatever it is I’m excited to see it. Asrar’s Betsy >>>

  12. #147
    Mighty Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    to be fair , kwannon so far has not displayed the butterfly crown that betsy does, she just creates small butterflies with her powers, something i dont think betsy ever did, and even then she also considers betsy a butterfly when sinister asks her if there was some level of destiny at play.

    what i mean is that I feel its gone for a bit but It will probably return because its just that iconic.
    As a magik fan having a bajilion power signatures, bajilion sword and armor designs can be frustrating, but some core traits are too important and the psycic butterfly crown is attached to betsy especially when in her own body, both in the 80's and in dissasembled/extremists.

  13. #148
    Mighty Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Asrar Captain Britain.



    I wonder if this is a sneak peek from X-Men #8? The one Asrar is taking over; it doesn’t really look like the same composition as his covers.
    yasss queen of historical references, ugly city purging and destruction of monuments to evil institutions, we stan

  14. #149
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Yes! I can totally get behind this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Here for it.
    Like so:

    BOTHCAPS.jpg

  15. #150
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,067

    Default

    I love how in that pic she has like a snatched blush and highlighter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •