Page 38 of 112 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Betsy v Kwannon could’ve been a single issue; ideally X-Men 1, where we learn the new status quo for the CITIZENS of Krakoa. Council is gathered, Captains are assigned, Criminals are swallowed, and Betsy is banished.

“Paradise” Krakoa should’ve come with more bittersweetness.
    Might be the wrong word, but I want Kwannon v Betsy to be an explosive violent confrontation that reveals Betsy always kinda knew Kwannon was underneath her own consciousness. Like prosecuting the magic surgery in Get Out.

I realize that turns Betsy into a really ugly abuser, but you and I both want more character work with our Braddock family. The first arc would be about Betsy accepting her villainous side, working through it, and accepting the Captain Britain role with intention, reverence, and trepidation.

Brain would be promoted to Krakoan ambassador, leaving the CB role open and available. It should be bestowed, not an accident of circumstance.

I forgot the most importance turn: BETSY herself has to give Kwannon the Psylocke identity, and request of her X-Men allies to help her find her place on Krakoa. Betsy needs to choose to give it away. Losing her identity is the closest they get to eye-for-an-eye.
    If the goal is to “elevate” Betsy Braddock out of the Psylocke role amongst the X-Men, then like others have suggested, the Betsy Braddock identity itself needs to be re-examined and defined outside of the X-Men so that her adoption of the Captain Britain identity is a much bigger deal.

It’s not canon that Betsy knew Kwannon was in the Sunken Place. I’m suggesting Betsy may have suspected it, but chose to not do anything about it.

I’m sorry you prefer the previous problematic Psylocke. I like that she’s somewhat simpler now. It’s too bad Betsy and Kwannon are both train wrecks right now.
    Yeah no, no no no, nope, absolutly not.
    Betsy did not chose kwannon's body as some prededatory "Get Out" sequel, she wasnt a secretly lover of japanese culture, she did not chose to be taken into custody, altered, brainwashed, having all of her traits and status grown organically over her tenure as an x-men removed because Claremont is a one trick pony when he's out of ideas for a female characther he forces them into a traumatic power and apearence change.

its not her fault jamie brought her back in someone else's body, it wasnt her fault maddie used her as a rag doll, it isnt her fault that writers had to rationalize to keep her in this horror movie situation because it was a comfortable status quo, she WAS a victim in this situation, she was just slightly more lucky than kwannon in not dying of the legacy virus. The idea kwannon was aways there is a direct contradiction to everything established before and its a toxic idea of a retcon to vilefy a victim of a terrible situation.

The story is a prime example of misogny, orientalism and the personification of the dragon lady troupe, and also of how incompetence, editorial mistakes can cause a terrible situation, but its the editorial and jim lee/claremont and everyone that didnt see how gross that story was and didnt allow it to run its course, those are the ones to blame. NOT BETSY

The idea betsy should pay for them is madness, and no ofense, but it reads like an idea someone would pitch to make sure betsy braddock was permenantly expelled from the x-men and became the new hank pym, and its upsetting to read it on an "apreciation" tread
    Last edited by Ferro; 04-07-2020 at 09:23 AM.

BANNED

Second of all, betsy current body is her own, there are no confusions, no alterations, its her characther in all its purity and after mandripoor we have seen various sides of her and her continuity and relantionships aknowledged, and while excalibur is mediocre, a mediocre story can easly become great and the last issue being considerably stronger makes me belive so, her captain brittain status is on its start and a bit of pacience is required IN MY OPINION, but if you want a regression to her immensly problematic and convuluted previous status quo then I cant agree, swords of x has been comfirmed to heavly feature betsy.

Also if bad stories are enough reason to immediatly want a reversion, then betsy should have returned to her own flesh after her exile death, because In my opinion she was a terribly written characther for 15 years, where it wasnt really even 100 % betsy since so much of her personality was explictly affected by kwannon, only when writers remembered it was betsy braddock in there in a terribly confusing, strange and traumatic situation (uncanny x-force) was when she became a readable characther once more, in my opinion

BANNED

Pages from UXF 18

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Pages from UXF 18

Jerome opena is my god

I've been saying this since the beginning.

Google 'Seven to Eternity' and just go to images.

He would do awesome on an Excalibur run. IMO.

I just wish we had a better writer.

BANNED

Yeah his aesthetics are truly one to admire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Yeah no, no no no, nope, absolutly not.
    I feel like I could explain what was misunderstood... or we could just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Pages from UXF 18

there's something extra beautiful and haunting about these in B&W

Ok I dont want to be constantly negative. But I am just NOT liking the way Tini Howard is writing Betsy.

She recently posted a tweet saying her favorite Betsy stories are the ones she's writing because she knows what stories are needed for Betsy.

BUT i completely disagree.

She is not covering ANYTHING that Betsy fans want to see.

From the end of the Mystery in Madripoor cliffanger to the last issue of Excalibur.

We havent gotten any real insight or depth into Betsy's feeling about: Krakoa, losing the Psylocke mantle, gaining the Captian Britain mantle, and sort of dynamic between Kwannon and Betsy, her interactions with the Quiet Council, her interactions with X-Men leadership.

Why is she stuck in the Excalibur title? When other characters can pop up in other titles.

She's writing Betsy as basic. And thats just NOT her.

BANNED

you can always voice those opinions under that post since you might get a better result than in here

No it’s too long for twitter and she doesn’t care about fan input.

She thinks she’s doing a good job and that fans don’t know what they want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    No it’s too long for twitter and she doesn’t care about fan input.

She thinks she’s doing a good job and that fans don’t know what they want.
    you can always create a thread and @ her.
    where is she necessarly saying the second line?

I think it was in one of the X-Men Monday’s where she was agreeing with Hickman.

BANNED

okay but most of these smaller creators have a dimmer view of the opinions, a respectfull thread that @ s her with some worries and criticism cant hurt, and its the perfect time to do since the entire industry is frozen

Hi all.
    My first post here in a long while lol (so long I couldnt remember my last used password/username/email lol)

ANYWAY me and Chris were talking about this over in Facebook. I think the main problem with Tini is she just doesn't seem to know who Betsy is. And her answers on Twitter are to throw off people (she uses sentences like "pre-X-Men" and 'STRIKE" to put fans off balance. But in reality if you ARE a fan of those days you realise her saying that is a cop out. Saying her "own stories" aswell as the obscure STRIKE story (which was minimal and lots off panel) shes just proving shes kinda pretending.

Also not interacting with fans comes across as rude more then an artistic choice. If you dont wanna be questioned why would you talk to the people who know the character you are working with. Even in an off the cuff fun conversation