Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    betsy was near forming a butterfly power signature last excalibur, it really isnt that serious and it will return eventually because as you all said it's too iconic, it will return these sort of things ALWAYS come around.

this needs to become the "betsy braddock complaining thread" because that's literaly all that is discussed here even when the situation she's in is, AT WORST, mediocre, not character destroying.
    Have some prespective please because not even jean grey stans mope around like this, it's getting increasingly frustrating whenever this thread show's up at the top I don't even bother posting because I KNOW betsy could get a solo, a videogame, a 8 k dollar real life marble statue to be displayed at marvel's HQ and become the face of brittain as the queen herself cosplays the anoucement, and STILL this thread would still just be a cyclical tirade of the butterfly/codename/costume whinefest.
    Exactly. Even worse are those who only cared about her Asian look for the sexy poses when the correction happened. Psylocke has survived awful writers and awful storylines before, why is it treated as a death sentence here all of a sudden? Everyone forgets her treatment in regards to Fantomex but Betsy being written as subpar like she was in the crimson dawn era is apparently worse. Like what is this fandom even.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

I do miss when people liked to have fun in the thread.

Here's to X of Swords and Silva drawn Betsy bringing some positivity back!

She doesnt have the oomph anymore. The bad ass sass, the sexiness, the cold attitude when she's written by Tini Howard or drawn by Marcos To.

All of that is gone. You can disagree if you want. But we've had 10 issues. And tell me what has really changed. She's had all this "focus" and people complaining that its a Betsy book. But honestly nothing big has happened for her. Brian gave her the amulet. She's taken another title that was forced on to her. She DID NOT choose it.

Is Marcos To a bad artist? NOT AT ALL. But he draws her like an adolescent young adult.

Thats not complaining or being negative. That's just critiquing what I think is missing from the character.

I just want other writers and artist to have an opportunity to write and draw this era of Betsy.

Why is she stuck in one book when other characters show up in multiple? Especially when they stated that she is now Captain Britain and she will be elevated.

Having the Captain Britain title kind of takes her away from the X-Men. Which honeslty can be seen as both good and bad.

Why hasnt she interacted with the Quiet Council, or the Captains of Krakoa, or just other X-Men leadership in general.

Sorry Kitty/Kate doesnt count to me.

I dont like constructive criticism is being taken as always being negative.
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-25-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

Again I don't think that Marvel really had any idea what to do with her besides putting her back in an English body, as evidenced by how it really hasn't been addressed by many characters or Betsy herself past a light mention here or there, she's locked in a book that really has little to nothing to do with the main storyline in the X-world at the moment, and in said book she's not really even the main character, she's window dressing at this point, and Kwannon took a lot of what made Betsy unique...

To me they should have just left good enough alone and left her in the body that Jamie made for her and go from there, having maybe Betsy choose that body that although it wasn't the one that she was born with it was the one that she wanted, her choice...

Jamie always could have made her an English body and could have made a body for Kwannon as well so they just messed it all up...

Who knows how she'll be shown in the upcoming big swords event...though I'm not expecting much, not because she doesn't deserve it but more that the other X-characters are the ones that Marvel is really pushing now instead of Betsy, sadly...

Excalibur is about to be the focal point of the franchise thanks to X of Swords..
    I hear your criticisms though and I honestly think Marvel is just afraid to touch on it. Like, it really is embarrassing lol . I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to deal with the fallout. There've been interesting strides taken, some good, some bad. Im glad the body swap is finally behind us tho lol if anything

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    She doesnt have the oomph anymore. The bad ass sass, the sexiness, the cold attitude when she's written by Tini Howard or drawn by Marcos To.

All of that is gone. You can disagree if you want. But we've had 10 issues. And tell me what has really changed. She's had all this "focus" and people complaining that its a Betsy book. But honestly nothing big has happened for her. Brian gave her the amulet. She's taken another title that was forced on to her. She DID NOT choose it.

Is Marcos To a bad artist? NOT AT ALL. But he draws her like an adolescent young adult.

Thats not complaining or being negative. That's just critiquing what I think is missing from the character.

I just want other writers and artist to have an opportunity to write and draw this era of Betsy.

Why is she stuck in one book when other characters show up in multiple? Especially when they stated that she is now Captain Britain and she will be elevated.

Having the Captain Britain title kind of takes her away from the X-Men. Which honeslty can be seen as both good and bad.

Why hasnt she interacted with the Quiet Council, or the Captains of Krakoa, or just other X-Men leadership in general.

Sorry Kitty/Kate doesnt count to me.

I dont like constructive criticism is being taken as always being negative.
    Agreed 100%. Things that made Betsy stand out were stripped away from her and now she's written as just another generic super heroine with a sword. And I think the Captain Britain title does her more harm than good.

Ultimate Member

The fear now is that even in this crossover she'll still be written as just another generic heroine with a sword, she'll just be around more...

To be fair to Ferro's point I don't think that was the complaining they meant. I feel we all agree Betsy's as about as exciting as watching paint dry right now.

I don’t have a fear for Betsy. She’s been through worse.

I also don’t think she generic or basic.

She just needs a better writer. And an other artist interpretation.

I don’t have a fear for Betsy. She’s been through worse.

I also don’t think she generic or basic.

She just needs a better writer. And an other artist interpretation.
    I liked the idea of her being Captain Britain, but unfortunately I lost interest at about book 6...I may pick it back up just to catch up. I've also gotten lost on what's happening with Kwannon/Psylocke at this point.

Unfortunately what made Betsy stand out from the other Psionics, was her martial abilities. Like I said, I havent read past book 6, but perhaps putting Rogue on this book wasn't a smart choice. They could have had Betsy be the true brawler of this team.

The one thing I wish they did more with Betsy is dig into her Espionage training. Would have loved to have seen her in a Spy Thriller type title. Not her as an assassin, that's Kwannon's schitck...but a James Bond/Man from Uncle type of thing. The Sword and Board/D&D thing is cool, I love it, but it doesn't seem to be jiving with a lot of you all.

Maybe they should just switch up the writer and artist after book 12, CGAR has pointed out it doesn't do her justice.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I liked the idea of her being Captain Britain, but unfortunately I lost interest at about book 6...I may pick it back up just to catch up. I've also gotten lost on what's happening with Kwannon/Psylocke at this point.

Unfortunately what made Betsy stand out from the other Psionics, was her martial abilities. Like I said, I havent read past book 6, but perhaps putting Rogue on this book wasn't a smart choice. They could have had Betsy be the true brawler of this team.

The one thing I wish they did more with Betsy is dig into her Espionage training. Would have loved to have seen her in a Spy Thriller type title. Not her as an assassin, that's Kwannon's schitck...but a James Bond/Man from Uncle type of thing. The Sword and Board/D&D thing is cool, I love it, but it doesn't seem to be jiving with a lot of you all.

Maybe they should just switch up the writer and artist after book 12, CGAR has pointed out it doesn't do her justice.
    Rogue isnt the problem with the book or Betsy. She's barely even in it in the issues you read and quite frankly doesnt do a whole lot when she is brought back. The problem with Betsy also isnt her power. The plot is just boring and Tini doesnt have a good grasp on most of the characters save Apocalypse.

I don't recall a single time where her character was dismantled in such a distasteful way to prop up another one. She has never been through worse.

Mighty Member

They should revamp the team a little to include a member or two of the MI:6 crew to get that Britain/Krakoa thing. She’s representing both. Even if there was a hero from Otherworld (are there real heroes from Otherworld? Or create one).

Captain Britain (Betsy)
    Wisdom
    Britanic (Brian)
    Meggan
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Banshee (Sean or Theresa)
    Apocalypse

Or something like that. I like Rogue and Gambit and their friendship with Betsy. She’d have family, friends and work and countries (and realms).

Obviously, she just needs a better writer at this point with a well thought out plan AND execution. Maybe things will change during X of Swords (fingers crossed).
    Last edited by Rnap22; 06-26-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I don't recall a single time where her character was dismantled in such a distasteful way to prop up another one. She has never been through worse.
    New Exiles, New Excalibur and Humphries Uncanny X-Force is ALL worse than this.

Mighty Member

New Exiles, New Excalibur and Humphries Uncanny X-Force is ALL worse than this.
    Agree with this!