Page 89 of 112 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1675
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I have never been more excited for something than I am for Betsy vs Isca. Cheers to warrior women!
    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean there's a difference between sexy and sexualized though. I think Betsy still looks hella sexy.
    FACTS!

I do hope she gets a new costume after this event. Right now she's in a uniform. One she makes look sexy and powerful but still, she can only elevate it so much.

Ultimate Member

Sadly I wouldn't expect much while she's playing second fiddle to Apocalypse...

What did you lot think about today's issue?

I liked how they build up for the twist. I love the Braddocks working together. And the twin's bond is strong and sweet.

But now I'm worried the mantle will be something permanent. And I don't love her not using her tk weapons.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I loved it. Twas nice seeing the siblings together and I like how Tini's Betsy is coming along. Frustrated and lashing out because she's expected to keep proving herself as CB while trying to figure out what kind of CB she is has been an interesting ride. Saturnyne really hates Betsy and her yanking her by her hair sent me! The feud of the century, tbh.

I'm anxious to see how this battle with Isca goes and the aftermath of it. We know Betsy is losing something (her life, Brian might die and she'll feel guilty, both, etc) and I can't wait to see how the team puts her back together. I'm thinking if they do die then that's what Excalibur is in Otherworld for in issue 15. Trying to bring her back without the whole reset caused by Otherworld. I don't mind her keeping the title (though Captain Avalon is better) but I agree that a new suit would be nice. Like slacker said, she's currently in a uniform so a costume(especially after whatever happens) is ideal.

Also, Brian picking the sword and deciding he doesn't want it just to take it from it's hiding spot and assume Betsy is going to take it and let him be CB again?! She's been doing the job and it's crazy that he just thought he was going to waltz back like "alright, time's up" and it'd all be okay. I wanted to grab a sword and go at him myself!

I agree with a lot of your points but I just can't seem to adore Tini's voice for Betsy. I personally wish, after this, that some other writer has the chance to write her. Wouldn't mind at all she giving up the mantle and going back to a book being a mutant heroine again.

Or Tini leaves Excalibur and we get a revamped team. Loose Gambit, Rogue and Jubilee and bring in Captain Avalon, Meggan and Pete Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree with a lot of your points but I just can't seem to adore Tini's voice for Betsy. I personally wish, after this, that some other writer has the chance to write her. Wouldn't mind at all she giving up the mantle and going back to a book being a mutant heroine again.

Or Tini leaves Excalibur and we get a revamped team. Loose Gambit, Rogue and Jubilee and bring in Captain Avalon, Meggan and Pete Wisdom.
    Tini's Betsy definitely comes off brash but it feels natural to everything she's going through, imo. I at least find her more tolerable here than I did during the second half of Remender's UXF where she wouldn't stop crying even after she lost emotion. Or Bunncanny where she was a nagging wet blanket lol.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 10-21-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Mighty Member

All of this

Yeah, a full British team would be nice. Maybe also add Pixie for some Welsh representation.

BANNED

Yeah that really pissed me off, and it befuddles me that so many people here weren't sure why Betsy would take offense to that. O_o

Overall I enjoyed the issue, and I really liked their sibling dynamic. After the first two pages when Betsy told Brian to say what he needs/intends rather than coming in and assuming he can just take back the Amulet as if she had volunteered to take on all this responsibility, I was like ....exactly.

She's intent on keeping the mantle because she is believing in it and herself. Not because she's power hungry or selfish. Seems like people just want to read her as bratty, when the circumstances are in plain sight. Obviously Saturnyne's manipulative dialog is getting to readers too!

LOVED the TK daggers return

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Tini's Betsy's definitely comes off brash but it feels natural to everything she's going through, imo. I at least find her more tolerable here than I did during the second half of Remender's UXF where she wouldn't stop crying even after she lost emotion. Or Bunncanny where she was a nagging wet blanket lol.
    Hello!!

And I don't want Betsy to go back anything. This is about moving forward. How trite to suggest that she'd be better off going back to being just anything. She can be both mutant x-man and CB. She is

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yeah, a full British team would be nice. Maybe also add Pixie for some Welsh representation.
    Yes...it would be nice to add her as well. Full on Fae fantasy.

I'm very curious on what plans Tini (and editors) have for the twins.

What would you guys want ideally?

For me, if she stays in Excalibur, I wish for a different writer, a team of : CB, Captain Avalon, Meggan, Pete Wisdom, Pixie and Nightcrawler. Monarch in the background. A more sleek costume for Betsy and Dauterman on art.

If not, I wish she could give up the mantle, go pack to her Disassembled look and power set and be on a team with Kwannon.

edit: the main problem i have for her being Captain Britain (apart from Tini not getting her voice right) is that, the forst time, the Amulet was given to her and the second time, she stole the sword, picking it up from the floor.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 10-21-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yes! Pixie would be perfect for this book. I'd also add Chamber if you wanted a non-magical "fish out of water" mutant in the mix.

Fantastic Member

Yes...it would be nice to add her as well. Full on Fae fantasy.

I'm very curious on what plans Tini (and editors) have for the twins.

What would you guys want ideally?

For me, if she stays in Excalibur, I wish for a different writer, a team of : CB, Captain Avalon, Meggan, Pete Wisdom, Pixie and Nightcrawler. Monarch in the background. A more sleek costume for Betsy and Dauterman on art.

If not, I wish she could give up the mantle, go pack to her Disassembled look and power set and be on a team with Kwannon.

edit: the main problem i have for her being Captain Britain (apart from Tini not getting her voice right) is that, the forst time, the Amulet was given to her and the second time, she stole the sword, picking it up from the floor.
    I want what Betsy wants. She might not have wanted this originally, but nobody expects her to succeed in it, so now I'm rooting for her to get it. Also, I kinda want Brian to be a mutant already. It makes no sense that his siblings are and he's not. Jaime resurrected him, I wish he resurrected him as a mutant.