Page 39 of 112 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I mean this convo started because SHE WAS interacting with fans on twitter, im saying you guys to respectfully voice it trough twitter since she obviously sees it.
    Write down a thread, @ her and jordan d white, hickman, make it consisive and explanative, at least you voiced your opinion.
    If not, drop the book, hope it gets relaunched and hope for the best, what is the point of discussing a mediocre status quo.

I did drop the book. But thanks for your advice.

BANNED

im not trying to be condescending, but if there is any more oportunuous time to make your voice be heard, this is it since any possible feedback can be applied easier after this freeze runs over

I stroke me as odd that she stated that her favourite is pre-X-Men Betsy.

There were some very sweet moments there sure, but she never really became fleshed out as a character until she appeared in New Mutants.

The main idea about those years is that Betsy kept changing roles from charter pilot to model to British army recruit to STRIKE agent and to provisional Captain Britain because she hated living in her brothers' shadows, and even that wasn't properly established until the Acts of Vengeance story.

It's like saying that her favourite Rogue is evil Rogue.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic_Butterfly View Post
    Hi all.
    My first post here in a long while lol (so long I couldnt remember my last used password/username/email lol)

ANYWAY me and Chris were talking about this over in Facebook. I think the main problem with Tini is she just doesn't seem to know who Betsy is. And her answers on Twitter are to throw off people (she uses sentences like "pre-X-Men" and 'STRIKE" to put fans off balance. But in reality if you ARE a fan of those days you realise her saying that is a cop out. Saying her "own stories" aswell as the obscure STRIKE story (which was minimal and lots off panel) shes just proving shes kinda pretending.

Also not interacting with fans comes across as rude more then an artistic choice. If you dont wanna be questioned why would you talk to the people who know the character you are working with. Even in an off the cuff fun conversation
    Exactly my thoughts, I missed your post earlier on.

Welcome (or welcome back, I guess)!
    Last edited by Selene; 04-08-2020 at 03:08 PM.

BANNED

she also says UXF in her post btw

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she also says UXF in her post btw
    Mainly because thats one of the easiest modern books to reference lol a nice lil compact series that had "easy" (self contained) character beats to follow and is generally regarded as an amazing and essential read. It feels to me like she doesnt really like Betsy otherwise. Outside the "simple" Betsy.The way she talks about her (and doesnt talk about her) you can definitely sense she thinks Betsy/Psylocke is "problematic". Especially while comparing her Betsy to Apocalypse, who she clearly loves. All that said she is doing a flat job with Rogue and making Gambit look like an ******* so......

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I stroke me as odd that she stated that her favourite is pre-X-Men Betsy.

There were some very sweet moments there sure, but she never really became fleshed out as a character until she appeared in New Mutants.

The main idea about those years is that Betsy kept changing roles from charter pilot to model to British army recruit to STRIKE agent and to provisional Captain Britain because she hated living in her brothers' shadows, and even that wasn't properly established until the Acts of Vengeance story.

It's like saying that her favourite Rogue is evil Rogue.

EDIT:
    Exactly my thoughts, I missed your post earlier on.

Welcome (or welcome back, I guess)!
    Thanks a mill ����

I do think that the end of the day, this thread is always heated because we all are so passionate about our girl! Which is a great thing. I always love seeing differing opinions and pitches of how others would elevate my favorite character.

It's a super interesting observation study on both the character itself as well as that character's fanbase.

/this is what a degree in communication will do to you.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Oh definitly. I enjoy Betsy fans. Even tho we can get heated-there is always an air of intelligence when they debate. And at the end of the day we all have a common love lol.

I guess this is a decent segue to this question, what are some really good, possibly defining, Betsy stories to check out? I feel like I'm still too much of a casual fan and want to dig deeper into her history lol

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I guess this is a decent segue to this question, what are some really good, possibly defining, Betsy stories to check out? I feel like I'm still too much of a casual fan and want to dig deeper into her history lol
    Dark Angel Saga. That played out in Uncanny X-Force vol. 1 Psi-War (X-men v2 77 and 78) was also good for her

noted, thank you sm!!

BANNED

Oh my gosh, Betsy in that moment after she killed Angelpocalypse, just lost in the chaos of the collapsing realm. One of my favorite scenes that Opena drew. It was so beautifully sad.

Ruined by nu-Warren showing up just a few pages later -_-

Is it bad I want Betsy and Kwannon to merge into one being? I'm not feeling either one of them atm and I think it would be better. Neither is dominant, they are just 2 in one body making a more powerful being...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    The Moore/Davis/Delano trades. New Mutants Annual 2, Uncanny Annual 10, Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, the second Brood Saga, the story where she gets body swapped. The Psylocke/Revanche storyline, Archangel/Psylocke mini, Psi-War, X-Men Revolution, Claremont’s Exiles, the Yost Psylocke mini just to name a few.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com