Page 20 of 112 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    So there are some of you that think "The Union" is more than just an event-specific tie-in one-shot? Where they present themselves as heroes but are undeniably the villains to be taken down by an American hero? I mean, it seems obvious to me.

I think the leader woman with sword, shield, and cape is a bit overwrought and obviously a response to Betsy's status. I'm led to believe her dual citizenship won't work out and THIS lovely lady will be the US Agent to her Captain America.

Part of what I'd have preferred for the DoX Excalibur cast was for it to include more MarvelUk superheroes, so I'm excited to learn who these Union folks are... only I'm sure I'll just wish they were Kylun, Death's head, Dark Angel and the Destines.

I'm a little surprised by CGAR's continued insistence that Betsy's new costumes aren't sexy and fierce. What would make the Cap Betsy costume better?
    no , just that marvel uk books like these flop miserably 24 7, and its not using any recognizable british characthers, so its a non issue to me if betsy shows up or not, or if this new lady is an anti betsy, since she wont be around for more than 10 issues.

So there are some of you that think "The Union" is more than just an event-specific tie-in one-shot? Where they present themselves as heroes but are undeniably the villains to be taken down by an American hero? I mean, it seems obvious to me.

I think the leader woman with sword, shield, and cape is a bit overwrought and obviously a response to Betsy's status. I'm led to believe her dual citizenship won't work out and THIS lovely lady will be the US Agent to her Captain America.

Part of what I'd have preferred for the DoX Excalibur cast was for it to include more MarvelUk superheroes, so I'm excited to learn who these Union folks are... only I'm sure I'll just wish they were Kylun, Death's head, Dark Angel and the Destines.

I'm a little surprised by CGAR's continued insistence that Betsy's new costumes aren't sexy and fierce. What would make the Cap Betsy costume better?
    Less clunky, more streamlined. Something similar to her brothers. No cape.

Is there something that you'd like to say? You seem to be insinuating that my insistence is an issue.

You can block my posts. I will always have an issue with this Captain Britain uniform.

D7DB0EEC-BFAF-4082-A41C-75BF57BCA9CA.jpg

This is sexy and fierce to me.
    Last edited by CGAR; 02-14-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Dude no lol. I note it, that’s all. I just wonder what your tastes are. I agree the cape is unnecessary. There’s a lot of clunk. It could do with a lot of editing.

Okie dokie then.

All bueno.

BUT ALSO:

I prefer:A5E91369-8917-44BE-9951-A7658FF8F7B9.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CGAR; 02-14-2020 at 05:28 PM.

I say we petition Alan Davis to draw it straight as a control, and then reinterpret as he sees fit. That ought to settle it.

But I think you're right. To's art tends to be a bit Disney(?) and cute. Silva's lines have more testosterone.

Ultimate Member

Well the body that Kwannon is in now is not her original body anyway, it's the body that Jamie made for Betsy later on...

Who are you telling?

Ultimate Member

Just reminding people that the body that Betsy was in was not Kwannon's original body at all, or even the one that she inhabited after Spiral got done with her but an entirely different body, like a clone of a clone kind of thing...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Marvel just announced a new UK team and book that will spin out of Empyre.

I wonder if Betsy and/or Excalibur will be interacting with them at all. I love Betsy's current costume, but I will say she would look fuego in that costume of that girl front and center.
    I love this. Russia has the Winter Guard, America will probably restart Freedom Force, hopefully we’ll see an Alpha flight relaunch, and so on. It’s something I’ve been missing from Marvel for quite some time, since they watered down the Avengers brand.

Also—I’m almost 100% sure the woman in front is Caledonia, from Claremont’s FF run.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Okie dokie then.

All bueno.

BUT ALSO:

I prefer:A5E91369-8917-44BE-9951-A7658FF8F7B9.jpg
    I really want to see these in full color. I need to make some avatars from these Silva images.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Also—I’m almost 100% sure the woman in front is Caledonia, from Claremont’s FF run.
    Caledonia means Scotland. The lion on her shield means England.

Caledonia means Scotland. The lion on her shield means England.
    Scotland’s part of the UK.

Also—Scotland’s sigil for their army was also a lion.
    9CD04C22-62C4-4838-ADC5-8D95B0FC287E.jpg

You win?

You can be 100% sure she’s Caledonia. I’m betting she’s an all-new character.