Page 87 of 112 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1675

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Why would Betsy have looked for a way to reverse or give up that body when her old body died, with Kwannon in it? The only thing she could have done was gone to Masque and ask for her face to be reshaped like her original body. Then what? She would have died, remade her original body and then Kwannon would have appeared in her body with Betsy’s Caucasian face! Writers need to stop writing Betsy As the body stealer. Before the retcon, Betsy was the victim. After the retcon, BOTH were the victims. And now because someone wrote another retcon, Kwannon is the victim because she was still somewhere in the body. No. Hash it the hell out already. Giant Sized X-men Betsy & Kwannon.
    Because it wasn't her body? It wasn't her face or life to live? Why would she NOT want to go back to her old body? If anything MiM shows that she did want to just not by anyone else. She knows tons of magical and otherworldy type of forces who could have assisted in doing whatever needed to be done. She could've teamed with Wolverine to try and find the machines The Hand used. She could've attacked Mojo and Spiral to force them to reverse it. The journey to see if it could've been done is a whole personal story arc for her in itself. The type of deep insight into her mindset that fans have been clamoring for.

Both can be victims and Betsy can still be in the wrong for how she handled things later.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 10-07-2020 at 02:33 PM.

It's a pity that the current writers haven't been "that" interested in writing Betsy. Tini wanted to write about Poccy and Betsy was just a fallout that the book should be an Excalibur. Betsy had been stripped 30 years of comic development as Psylocke and been given new role without any significant development because Hickman and Tini focus is about Krakoa/Arrako and Apocalypse.

IMO, Long term wise, I can see her development as Captain Britain is being builtand her relationship with Otherworld getting more explored. It's just too bad it's been very slow and held back to other plots. Not to mention Tini hasn't been great of the characterization of her characters.

Tini has been plating seeds in the worldbuilding of Otherworld in the X of Swords. This can be a great thing for Excalibur. I just hope she also pay attention to the characterization of the characters in Excalibur; especially Betsy who should be the one carrying the book.

Mighty Member

Can someone else just create a Captain Betsy and MI:13 book? I’d be much more interested in that then Excalibur at this point.

I miss Betsy and Jean's girlmance from Disassembled. Now they dont even interact

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I miss Betsy and Jean's girlmance from Disassembled. Now they dont even interact

They have very different missions. Plus they were never historically established that much as friends or rivals. Jean is rightfully shown as interacting more with Storm and even Emma Frost (Emma has been Jean’s rival, enemy, and mentor when she trained Jeen). It’s a complex relationship.

Betsy has more history with Rogue and even Rachel than Jean. No reason to always put two female telepaths together.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 10-13-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I thought it was great too. But specially I miss her in that costume and with the butterfly effect.

Also, do you guys think we'll see Betsy in the Hellions book tomorrow? I think, judging by the art of Nanny riding a horse, that maybe the Hellions will go to Otherworld. I would love to see a Zeb Wells written scene of Betsy and Kwannon.
    A picture would last longer darling...

You guys might get a kick out of this.

http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...itain.html?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post

that's cool but why is her intelligence so low? ��

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Yeah. Jeez.

I think it's due to her updated stats from the current Excalibur run
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Maybe it’s brain damage from all the death and resurrections?

Right? I know she's not Beast level but if I remember correctly she was at least 3 or 4 before.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post

Are there also similar profiles on the other characters?

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Are there also similar profiles on the other characters?
    Apocalypse, Broo, Brian, Cypher, Meggan, Moira, Magik, Wolverine, Gorgon, Krakoa and X-Men