Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1675

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Why wouldn't Psylocke just telepathically shut her down? No fight, no loss.

That will probably come in to play

Betsy literally has a huge arsenal at her disposal.

And we don't even know what the Starlight Sword does yet.

She has her regular mutant powers, plus CB amulet powers, and maybe the sword brings something.

There is a lot to explore here.

Mighty Member

I really hope Betsy destroys her. She seems so worried in that panel. I need confident Betsy already. She seems like when she first joined the X-men and was always questioning herself.

I want Betsy to win, but on the other hand I like Isca (she's such a badass) and I don't want to see her lose either

Cornelian dilemma

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I want Betsy to win, but on the other hand I like Isca (she's such a badass) and I don't want to see her lose either

Cornelian dilemma
    Same. Maybe she’ll become a pacifist. Isca the Unfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

She has her regular mutant powers, plus CB amulet powers, and maybe the sword brings something.

I sure hope you are right...but judging by preview issues, I doubt Tini will get creative and complex with Betsy's power display. I fear the Starlight Sword won't even do something unique rather then be a sword she swings around.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

She doesn't have the CB powers anymore(i think) as she destroyed the Amulet of Right when she got the starlight sword. But she still has the costume so you never know I guess.

Now seems like a good time for Betsy to break out that Magneto-killing energy again.

BANNED

Betsy been confident. Aren't people usually harping on about her being so confident when claiming her position as CB? *shrug*. Think she's just a little shook by her opponent, which we all have already been. This is gonna be a big girl brawl!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    She doesn't have the CB powers anymore(i think) as she destroyed the Amulet of Right when she got the starlight sword. But she still has the costume so you never know I guess.
    I'm not sure about that either, because I think the whole point in that issue about the amulet was that it isn't actually a determining factor of who is Captain Britain, therefore she remained so, and was not bereft of any of the title's power. Also claiming the Starlight Sword cemented her position as well.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    I'm not sure about that either, because I think the whole point in that issue about the amulet was that it isn't actually a determining factor of who is Captain Britain, therefore she remained so, and was not bereft of any of the title's power. Also claiming the Starlight Sword cemented her position as well.
    No it's still a determining factor, but since the Amulet and Sword are still handed out by Merlyn/Roma, Saturnyne doesn't feel like the Captain Britain Corp belongs to her so she's going to create her own CB/Corp with the Starlight Sword. The problem with all this is, since Merlyn/Roma seem to still be testing people i.e. Brian getting another choice with the sword. Are there going to be two Corps? Also is Saturnyne does want her own Corp, are there multiple Starlight Swords?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm so excited and like Betsy...just a tad anxious.
    Obviously she doesn't die...at least not permanently, but....she's going up against Isca. I can't imagine how this fight will play out.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    wow... nothing of what I said implied something of this nature.

I hate masks and hoods on any superhero, male or female. Specially in X-Men. (I get Batman using one for exemple, but for other characters, it has to make sense. And it doesn't make sense on a telepath)

And in a visual medium, her purple hair it's a part of the iconography that I love about her.
    I hear you - I don't want her wearing a mask or helmet - I want to see her PURPLE hair because it is her most iconic feature.

Hoping she gets a new costume after X of swords that is more sleek & not bulky armor

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I hear you - I don't want her wearing a mask or helmet - I want to see her PURPLE hair because it is her most iconic feature.

Hoping she gets a new costume after X of swords that is more sleek & not bulky armor
    Wer're 100% hoping for the same ;-)
    A picture would last longer darling...

I read an interesting theory recently. Isca is indeed unbeaten and her powers are that she adapts to the situation to always win....this included switching to the winning side previously. I hope the theory is true in that Betsy overpowers her to the point that the only way to win is to switch sides!

I hope this duel also confirms that Betsy has retained all of her kick-ass ninjery which would make complete sense seeing as the skills etc are in the mind and not with the body! With that said, ain't nobody going to be a ninja in that bulky armour- that has to go!
    Last edited by cptnbritain; 11-07-2020 at 07:57 AM.