Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
Any mutant or superhero or villain can "simply just use their powers" to nullify any plot, so that's an argument as old as time that just doesn't work unfortunately. And besides that, Saturnyne has only just been shown to be wildly powerful in Otherworld in a way that she can basically bend anything to her will it seems. However, she isn't a god like Merlyn or Roma, she is still just human.

And her relationship with Brian, and the Braddocks is complicated. But essentially she feels like she has Brian wrapped around her finger, and acts like it, until he is in the way of her ambitions. So it's not exactly a loving relationship. More abusive really, but you'd have to research to answer all your questions you may have about why the Braddocks are often her weak spot.
Yea - I wasn't saying that as a criticism, but more that "Since she didn't do anything about it when she clearly could have, I think it means that she intended for this to happen".

It's like if a mom turns her back on her toddler, and the toddler takes a cookie from the cookie jar. Mom knows she can stop the kid, but she wants to see if the kid will actually steal the cookie and lie about it after.

I feel like it was a test of loyalties and she wanted to see what Brian would do. However there might be some past history you're referring to that I don't know about that may change my thoughts on this part. If you could point me to some things that explain this further I'd like to look into it.

However, bottom line is, if she didn't want them to have the starlight sword, then she could have done a myriad of things to prevent it. The fact that she did nothing tells me she, at some level, wants them to have it. It may not be how she wanted it to go down, but she was initially willing to trade it to them for a good time so at least that much is certain. The thing I don't get is if she really loves Brian, or at least, believes she possesses him why would she involve him in the prophecy and risk getting him killed?

I still stand by my point that it was kind of a dumb and reckless plan by the Braddocks to do what they did, as bringing Jamie along as part of the plan is a massive wild card in and of itself. And the fact that they didn't have to give up much to obtain the sword to get it legitimately makes taking the aforementioned risk plus pissing off Saturnyne seem to be way too much downside compared to the small sacrifice of one night of infidelity. It's not like they were avoiding going to hell and back (literally). I'm sure Brian's wife would understand ("honey I had to do it or the world would end in 3 days!") and if not, a broken marriage is worth saving the world IMO.