Page 103 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1675

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I like it that they’re not calling her Captain Britain in any of the solicitations after X of Swords though.
    That's a good point. Hummm

I can't wait to discover Dauterman's variant cover for Excalibur #18

My dream would be that the trio Betsy/Rogue/Jubes be represented on it

Is Saturnyne a mutant? a human? something else? Maybe Betsy will kill her at the end of this and will be put to trail because of it.
    She's definitely not a mutant, but I doubt anyone would object to Betsy killing her considering that she killed her first.

I have another theory about the supposed trial. Betsy is going to lose her X-gene after the resurrection and become a human or fae creature. And the trial is about whether they should banish her from Krakoa or not (they do of course). If you think about it it's the perfect solution for their Psylocke problem, this way they'll have a good reason to get rid of Betsy.

It's been almost two and a half years, and Betsy's return to her "new old" life has been a big fat...

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    It's been almost two and a half years, and Betsy's return to her "new old" life has been a big fat...
    I wouldn't call it a flop. More unimpressive and generic.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fantastic Member

Being Captain Britain has been the worsting that could happen to Betsy. It breaks my heart to see Psylocke’s characterization be bastardized since the dawn of X. Whatever character growth she had over the years gone in a snap of a finger. I really hate Tini for destroying everything I loved about Betsy.

Mighty Member

I love Betsy and it sucks to see her go from kinda damsel in distress (who will fry your damn mind) to into training with the X-men to being that mysterious “is she manipulating my mind?” Telepath to ninja warrior to back to herself and being a strong ass telepath to then taking this mantle of Captain Britain and becoming unsure and not who she grew into. Like this is a miss. If they wanted to play the whole torn between Britain and Krakoa, then they should make her a Captain and that way she could be torn between three places (third being Otherworld) and how she juggles it.

When Betsy had to basically be begged by Rictor to get out from Bloodstone’s estate, that was the end for me. Also the choice to put her in that long ass 18th century nightgown because she’s back in her Caucasian British body was like “what?!”.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Being Captain Britain has been the worsting that could happen to Betsy. It breaks my heart to see Psylocke’s characterization be bastardized since the dawn of X. Whatever character growth she had over the years gone in a snap of a finger. I really hate Tini for destroying everything I loved about Betsy.
    It's hard to disagree. Especially after Betsy was coming from the last number of years of character renaissance thanks to writers like Remender and Bunn, her role in Dawn of X has been terribly underwhelming.

I'm not particularly opposed to having her as Captain Britain and having Kwannon resurrected and taking the Psylocke name, but the execution and the writing really fell short on both. For this I blame both Tini, who's had a whole year's worth of Excalibur to sell readers on Betts as Captain Britain and failed, and I also blamed Bryan Hill for failing to shape Kwannon into an interesting character in Fallen Angels. Zeb Wells has already done better with her in Hellions where she shares the spotlight with many different characters.

The good news is, nothing is beyond repair and nothing terribly offensive has been done with either, so I'm just waiting for Tini to move on and a new writer to take Betsy under their care and redevelop her into a compelling character.

I'm not a writer apologist, but it seems this entire Excalibur run has centered on X of Swords. Perhaps once that is over we will see Tini's true motives for Betts and the team.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

I really hope Betsy appears tomorrow and does something of use, I mean Tini did say Betsy will "shine" in this event, Also Betsy has haters to prove wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    It's hard to disagree. Especially after Betsy was coming from the last number of years of character renaissance thanks to writers like Remender and Bunn, her role in Dawn of X has been terribly underwhelming.

I'm not particularly opposed to having her as Captain Britain and having Kwannon resurrected and taking the Psylocke name, but the execution and the writing really fell short on both. For this I blame both Tini, who's had a whole year's worth of Excalibur to sell readers on Betts as Captain Britain and failed, and I also blamed Bryan Hill for failing to shape Kwannon into an interesting character in Fallen Angels. Zeb Wells has already done better with her in Hellions where she shares the spotlight with many different characters.

The good news is, nothing is beyond repair and nothing terribly offensive has been done with either, so I'm just waiting for Tini to move on and a new writer to take Betsy under their care and redevelop her into a compelling character.
    I feel the same as you and agree 100% with your analysis and hopes.

I just don't get excited anymore about Betsy so I hope they give her to a new writer soon.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I feel the same as you and agree 100% with your analysis and hopes.

I just don't get excited anymore about Betsy so I hope they give her to a new writer soon.
    Zeb Wells. When Illyana came back, it was Wells who reminded everyone what a great character she was. At this point, the best scenario for Betsy would be a crossover with Hellions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'm not a writer apologist, but it seems this entire Excalibur run has centered on X of Swords. Perhaps once that is over we will see Tini's true motives for Betts and the team.
    Not good look. 12 issues building for a event? Not a good excuse for not having character development and I'm talking about the entire cast

BANNED

Betsy does not have the power to kill Saturnyne.

Saturnyne has destroyed whole universes. She is the omniversal majestrix and has replaced Roma Regina as Guardian of the Omniverse.

I posted spoilers on the butterfly blog. spoilers:
    Meh
    end of spoilers