Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    You win?

You can be 100% sure she’s Caledonia. I’m betting she’s an all-new character.
    That’s why I said almost 100% *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    That’s why I said almost 100% *shrugs*
    Why? 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why? 10char
    Her overall design, as well as her connection to the Captain Britain Corps. Plus Cebulski is a big fan of CC’s F4 run.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Marvel just announced a new UK team and book that will spin out of Empyre.

I wonder if Betsy and/or Excalibur will be interacting with them at all. I love Betsy's current costume, but I will say she would look fuego in that costume of that girl front and center.
    I sent a tweet to the writer of The Union. He won't be using Brian or Betsy. Which is quite unfortunate. IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I sent a tweet to the writer of The Union. He won't be using Brian or Betsy. Which is quite unfortunate. IMO.
    oh yeah this is like, an issue 6 cancelation sort of ordeal

It's an Empyre tie-in. I won't be surprised if it's a mini in the first place.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    It’s unfortunate, but I like that they’ll have the chance to develop woefully underdeveloped characters. Like the Union Jack mini around the Civil War era.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Her overall design, as well as her connection to the Captain Britain Corps. Plus Cebulski is a big fan of CC’s F4 run.
    Really? She doesnt even have the same hair color which was Caladonia's main identifying feature. I dont think that design really looks much like the one here

The writer said they are all new characters except for Union Jack.

Hello everyone! This is my first ever post on this site. I'm pretty limited in my knowledge of comics but Betsy is one of my favourites (probably because she was in the COTA, MSH, Mutant Apocalypse and Clone Wars video games). Though I understand the yellowface issues and the reasons for her switching back to a British body, I think she should have kept the Psylocke name and Kwannon should have taken a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    Hello everyone! This is my first ever post on this site. I'm pretty limited in my knowledge of comics but Betsy is one of my favourites (probably because she was in the COTA, MSH, Mutant Apocalypse and Clone Wars video games). Though I understand the yellowface issues and the reasons for her switching back to a British body, I think she should have kept the Psylocke name and Kwannon should have taken a different name.
    Hello and welcome! You definitely arent in the minority with this

Hello and welcome! You definitely arent in the minority with this
    Thank you! I just think it's weird because she went by Psylocke even before the body swap, and if Betsy and Kwannon really didn't want others confusing them for each other, I don't know why they went the way they did. Like, I have seen some panels where Kwannon says she's not Betsy, well if you're not Betsy why take the name Psylocke while you're dressing up in the same outfit and physical appearances she did! My assumption is that it was done for marketing reasons, in that they figured most people hear Psylocke and think of Asian leotard ninja, and didn't want to change that.

Thank you! I just think it's weird because she went by Psylocke even before the body swap, and if Betsy and Kwannon really didn't want others confusing them for each other, I don't know why they went the way they did. Like, I have seen some panels where Kwannon says she's not Betsy, well if you're not Betsy why take the name Psylocke while you're dressing up in the same outfit and physical appearances she did! My assumption is that it was done for marketing reasons, in that they figured most people hear Psylocke and think of Asian leotard ninja, and didn't want to change that.
    thats exactly why they did it .but they failed to make it make sense within the context of the story and the characters. Betsy to Captain Britain has been handled well. Kwannon to Psylocke, not so much

thats exactly why they did it .but they failed to make it make sense within the context of the story and the characters. Betsy to Captain Britain has been handled well. Kwannon to Psylocke, not so much
    I wonder how they'll handle Betsy long-term. Do you think Captain Britain is meant to be lasting? Like obviously Carol taking Captain Marvel is something permanent (well, as permanent as permanent can be in comics), and it makes me wonder if she'll share the same fate.

I wonder how they'll handle Betsy long-term. Do you think Captain Britain is meant to be lasting? Like obviously Carol taking Captain Marvel is something permanent (well, as permanent as permanent can be in comics), and it makes me wonder if she'll share the same fate.
    No. I think Betsy as CB will last as long as the current Krakoa status quo but I can only imagine she'll fall off once Excalibur and her position as CB does. Marvel obviously isnt giving her the push that Carol got and even in Dawn of X, she isnt really pushed to be a major figure outside of Excalibur