Page 9 of 112 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I know almost nothing, BUT, it makes some sort of sense that the ENTIRE visual brand kit that was "Psylocke" in the 1990s was sheared off of Betsy Braddock and given to the new "Psylocke : Kwannon" brand kit.

I'm okay with MOST of the that decision. I've explained elsewhere that the Psylocke name was given to Betsy and not her own creation. I'm cool with their powers being similar if not the same, despite preferences. I'm even cool with the new Psylocke : Kwannon replacing Betsy in the X-Men and building a place for her among their elite ranks.

What I think is a mistake is the transference of the butterfly motif and the color purple to Kwannon. The butterfly has always been Betsy's expression of her telepathy, her personal signature. Her hair had always been purple. Kwannon should've been allowed to develop her own psychic signature that matches her own new persona, and had her own natural hair color moving forward.
    Yeah, I get getting rid of the ninja assasin persona and even the Psylocke name, even though it's a cooler name than Captain Britain imo, but getting rid of her butterfly motif is so strange, it's a way more interesting visual than just the isual psionic jello. I also miss her costumes having shades of purple in them. Red and Blue together are definitely not her colors

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I didn't follow this thread much back in the day but...
    How did you feel about Betsy's romance with Glob?
    I'm neutral with it but wanted to know if you liked it, disliked it or where just neutral with it.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-18-2020 at 05:11 PM.

I thought it was neat. I hope the memory inspires Blob to get right with the gym.

I think Betsy tends to rebound from her personal traumas by getting involved with teammates.
    Kwannon led her to Warren.
    "Revolution" led her to Neal.
    et cetera

Ultimate Member

Actually Kwannon seemed more interested in Cyclops than Warren, to me it was Betsy that fell for Warren all by herself...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    to me it was
    you don't say

Ultimate Member

Shocker I know, however to me that was the point of the whole portion of Betsy finding out about Revanche and all was that after that she decided to make her own choice and it was Warren, and she has chosen him again later on over time...so it wasn't simply that imho...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I didn't follow this thread much back in the day but...
    How did you feel about Betsy's romance with Glob?
    I'm neutral with it but wanted to know if you liked it, disliked it or where just neutral with it.
    There was no romance. I did like the friendship they developed and hope it hasnt been completely forgotten

Shocker I know, however to me that was the point of the whole portion of Betsy finding out about Revanche and all was that after that she decided to make her own choice and it was Warren, and she has chosen him again later on over time...so it wasn't simply that imho...
    It's actually nice to hear you're aware of your tendency toward very idiosyncratic views and opinions. I even agree with a few of them! SO MUCH of Psylocke's history and character is literal bad writing. It's hard to grab onto any of it and debate its value.

any idea who the artist of this is?

any idea who the artist of this is?
    https://www.deviantart.com/pretty-co...sign-765981576

They have a lot more Betsy and Kwannon art if you go through their gallery.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Ultimate Member

It's actually nice to hear you're aware of your tendency toward very idiosyncratic views and opinions. I even agree with a few of them! SO MUCH of Psylocke's history and character is literal bad writing. It's hard to grab onto any of it and debate its value.
    I think that we need to see Kwannon and Betsy talk though I'm not sure that we're going to get it as I don't see her keeping the Captain Britain name after this book ends, and it would be interesting to see Betsy have a talk with Warren as well as far as I know the two haven't talked since her recent change and all of that...of course I want them together but you have to start somewhere right...

of course I want them together
    What do you mean?

Ultimate Member

I've been a fan of Warren/Betsy as a couple since way back in the 90's and it hasn't changed since she somehow recreated her own body out of thin air==yes I know how and all but still== and got the body to have her original dna as well and all while making changes so that her hair is now purple when it was blonde originally, though I know that not every Betsy fan feels the same as I do...so I want them back together as a couple and while I don't expect it to happen in the near future it could over time and have to start somewhere, besides with the rumors of X-kids who wouldn't want to see a kid of the two of them...or at least the idea of one could be fun, probably end up being a cool character, a tp with wings or something...

Ah you meant Betsy and Warren. I’m actually not opposed to them rekindling something. His Archangel cycle and her recent reboot are bound to be excellent dinner conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Why was her butterfly power signature scrapped?
    I think the decision was made to have Betsy "move on" from the Psylocke brand (which they/Marvel gave to Kwannon).

I think the decision is stupid. The butterfly always and has been Betsy personal signature in both her pre and ninja days. Nowadays, Betsy only has a new costume and a pair of psy-sword/shield with no sign of the Captain Britain power, which is pale in comparison with her using her telepathy (even telekinesis) creatively in recent years.