Page 34 of 112 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

I find Excalibur entertaining enough and I don't exactly have anything against Betsy's characterization on it. But it could definetely be improved, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wow...wish she looked like this in the book :-)
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Therefore its a dud. Its her creative vision and its not working. More than half of the characters make no sense for this book and dont fit its concept (Jubilee, Rogue, Gambit, Rictor) and in 8-9 issues, she hasnt made that make sense. It probably would have been better retooled as an Apocalypse solo with Betsy as a heavy recurring character. She and the rest would be better served elsewhere IMO
    Even if I don't like it. Sales makes it NOT a dud.

And we won't be getting a new writer any time soon because Hickman seems to think TH has something we all seem to be missing.

But whatever. It is what it is.

I wish we had Mike Carey on this title.

This has become a debate of semantics.

It’s definitely not a commercial/sales dud.

this is absolutely gorgeous. the way that the arch of her eyebrow is just as sharp as if not sharper than the sword...Art.

I have the impression that they are doing to Betsy what happened to Carol Danvers in 2012...
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Ok hear me out. Captain Britain solo featuring Betsy Braddock.

If they do want to elevate Betsy the way they elevated Carol Danvers.

Captain Marvels run pulls how many readers 20,000 or lower? IDK. Can someone find the chart for that.

Betsy's solo Psylocke mini pulled in 14,000-16,000. I THINK. If Im remembering that correctly.

If they wanted to push her with a good artist and writer I think she could get above Captain Marvel.

But would the Captain Britain name be a hinderance or not? Or did she only get those numbers because of the Psylocke codename?

Do we know how many units Brian Braddock's Captain Britain series sold?

I feel like Betsy is more popular. IMO.

So all interesting things to think about since i'm bored doing nothing at home.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    This is what I think the character needed. A solo to sort it all out; scripted like a film, where she goes by Betsy in the first two acts, and takes the mantle of CB in the final battle.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-02-2020 at 10:49 AM.

I'm down for Betsy bein CB for a good while. I don't think we'll see a solo though, there seems to be a separation between the x-books and the UK line

If they do want to elevate Betsy the way they elevated Carol Danvers.

Captain Marvels run pulls how many readers 20,000 or lower? IDK. Can someone find the chart for that.
    The current CM run is at 30k on issue #15. The days of Carol sales flopping are gone.

I don't think they really care about elevating Betsy as much... There's no movie of her coming or anything, she's not being pushed as the X-Men's main solo heroine or stuff like Carol was for the Avengers. The comparison was probably just about a female hero changing to a more "serious" mantle that was previously used by a male character they were connected to.

Yeah I get what you're saying but I'm going by what JDW / Cebulski have both stated about elevating her.

If Marvel doesn't want to that makes sense. BUT JDW/Hickman should have planned it better.

The current CM run is at 30k on issue #15. The days of Carol sales flopping are gone.

I don't think they really care about elevating Betsy as much... There's no movie of her coming or anything, she's not being pushed as the X-Men's main solo heroine or stuff like Carol was for the Avengers. The comparison was probably just about a female hero changing to a more "serious" mantle that was previously used by a male character they were connected to.
    This! Betsy isnt being pushed the way Carol was. Marvel was committing to make CM happen no matter what and they had incentive bc of the movie. Betsy doesnt really have a driving force behind her

Yeah I get what you're saying but I'm going by what JDW / Cebulski have both stated about elevating her.

If Marvel doesn't want to that makes sense. BUT JDW/Hickman should have planned it better.
    Why do you keep being so hung up on what those two fools say? This isn't meant against you BTW, it's just that it's been characteristic for the X-Men editors to talk big and deliver little on what they promise.

Truthfully, undoing Psylocke is something Cebulski wanted years ago, wasn't there a rumour about his meaning to return her in X-Infernus and then all those covers with Betsy's original body starting popping up?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Here's the dilemma the X-franchise is receiving a renewed focus and attention with the first announcement of Betsy becoming CB I was hesitant as the Disasembled era had only just begun. Plus I loved where she was but what I hoped for as a final product was this. Bets getting the Carol level of attention and focus but that's yet to be seen I will say however the MCU hasn't introduced its Britain focused characters or series.

Depending on how this tenure and the following years goes we're in a weird place as Betsy concerned, she could be plucked up ward and get a push and be branded as CB legitimately both across comics and in movies. Although, Psylocke has a few advantages in a developed brand for several decades, distinct look, and current attachments that opens Kwannon up to being characterized just as Betsy once was. Bets as CB has a larger hill to climb as in order to work long term we need a hook and right now Tini isn't providing that.

Hopefully, you didn't just jinx the book. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.