Page 40 of 112 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Is it bad I want Betsy and Kwannon to merge into one being? I'm not feeling either one of them atm and I think it would be better. Neither is dominant, they are just 2 in one body making a more powerful being...
    I just think we need more time. Wells is an amazing writer, and I think once Hickman starts co-writing with Tini, like he did with New Mutants, we’ll see what Hickman has in store for the new status for Betts.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Ultimate Member

Either that or he could just use the book to serve or set up something in one of the main books...at Betsy's expense...

Really dude?

Can add something of substance other than your same diatribe over and over.

Is it bad I want Betsy and Kwannon to merge into one being? I'm not feeling either one of them atm and I think it would be better. Neither is dominant, they are just 2 in one body making a more powerful being...
    It would be cool if they gained the ability to merge together and separate at will. Maybe in the heat of battle they fuse together dragon ball Z style to become more powerful.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Really dude?

Can add something of substance other than your same diatribe over and over.
    Are you talking to me?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Are you talking to me?
    I think that was probably directed at loganalpha

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I guess this is a decent segue to this question, what are some really good, possibly defining, Betsy stories to check out? I feel like I'm still too much of a casual fan and want to dig deeper into her history lol
    Start with Uncanny X-Force. Read the whole run(especially Otherworld arc). Then go back to start reading Mutant Massacre and then read the Lee/Claremont's Lady Mandarin and Psy War X-Men Volume 2 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I just think we need more time. Wells is an amazing writer, and I think once Hickman starts co-writing with Tini, like he did with New Mutants, we’ll see what Hickman has in store for the new status for Betts.
    Atp idc, I don't care about Kwannon because she's not who I grew to like for all these years and Brit Betsy is blah and redundant. I think if they just merged the two kinda reverse cuckoo like it would be a more dynamic character and itwould still be like Psylocke we all know and love...

BANNED

Atp idc, I don't care about Kwannon because she's not who I grew to like for all these years and Brit Betsy is blah and redundant. I think if they just merged the two kinda reverse cuckoo like it would be a more dynamic character and itwould still be like Psylocke we all know and love...
    Shes still the same woman but in her own flesh,if you care so much about her ninja aesthethic you should accept kwannon, I personally hated how her entire development in the 80's from a new x-men to one of the most refined and competent telepaths and field members of team, becoming more and more experienced and belic, only to get turned into a purple elektra with a knife that glows, a gratting personality and a ugly costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Shes still the same woman but in her own flesh,if you care so much about her ninja aesthethic you should accept kwannon
    No, you shouldn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    No, you shouldn't.
    yes, you should, because the change was stupid in the first place and threw her into 15 years of terrible stories where the writers put her ass in the front more than her face, and when I came to apreciate her and learn of that I had to accept Betsy was going to forever be a complicated, messy characther that is wearing another body and culture instead of getting a story that frees her from a cycle of abuse, manipulation, control and trauma.
    oh wait, she got one! and If you truly belive being a white lady in an asian body was a plus to her characther you only cared about her looks and aesthethics, wich are valid mind you but now you have kwannon now.
    Go stan her, dont expect betsy to become the poster child of how comic writers had a streak of orientalism in the 90's once more.
    Last edited by Ferro; 04-09-2020 at 03:33 AM.

Amazing Member

yes, you should, because the change was stupid in the first place and threw her into 15 years of terrible stories where the writers put her ass in the front more than her face, and when I came to apreciate her and learn of that I had to accept Betsy was going to forever be a complicated, messy characther that is wearing another body and culture instead of getting a story that frees her from a cycle of abuse, manipulation, control and trauma.
    oh wait, she got one! and If you truly belive being a white lady in an asian body was a plus to her characther you only cared about her looks and aesthethics, wich are valid mind you but now you have kwannon now.
    Go stan her, dont expect betsy to become the poster child of how comic writers had a streak of orientalism in the 90's once more.
    100% agree.
    I liked it a lot more when she wore the armor and was an ingenious telepath. Then she was transformed into a totally different character.

I prefer the two separated but I don't think they should have taken the butterfly from Betsy. There is no logic it was her power signature from the beginning.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fildro View Post
    100% agree.
    I liked it a lot more when she wore the armor and was an ingenious telepath. Then she was transformed into a totally different character.

I prefer the two separated but I don't think they should have taken the butterfly from Betsy. There is no logic it was her power signature from the beginning.
    power signatures are a flimsy thing but when its that iconic it always returns, like yana's souldsword and that one time her portals were skeletons.
    betsy also lost her butterfly for the majority of her ninja days btw...

Amazing Member

Yes it's true.

But I like it when there is consistency in the power signatures and colors for example: the red clockwork for karma; green aura for Hellion; pink aura for Jean; blue aura for Kid Omega; I prefer the all black sunspot without visible clothes; I also loved it when Rictor in the early days of x-force manifested power as a species of heart / seismic rhythm recording.

Anyway, I like the small details to make the experience more enriching

power signatures are a flimsy thing but when its that iconic it always returns, like yana's souldsword and that one time her portals were skeletons.
    betsy also lost her butterfly for the majority of her ninja days btw...
    Not too stray off topic but... when we’re Magik’s portals portrayed as skeletons

And to get back on topic: The fact that Ninja-Psylocke “lost the butterfly for the majority of her ninja days” would seem to make it MORE inappropriate that the Ninja portion of that character be the part that retains it post-separation.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-09-2020 at 06:20 AM.