Page 77 of 112 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1675

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Muir Island Saga was supposed to be a much bigger crossover called Mutant Wars which Claremont had been building towards for years. If you notice retcons its bc Claremont didnt write it. This happened around the time he got fed up with Marvel and left the book. UXM 278 is credited as Claremont and he leaves midway through 279 with Nicieza taking over and writing the entirety of 280. Claremont had also been writing X-Factor but quits with Endgame and X-Factor #69 is credited as Nicieza (with lots of help). Peter David steps in to write the epilogue in #80. It was a mess and that Shadow King plotline got butchered as a result
    Oh man, I always wondered about that, so this makes so much sense. Nicieza truly is the king of terrible ret-cons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They didn't need to do all of that just to connect her to her heritage, they could have done that while she was still in the Asian body, and basically her mystical heritage is pretty much all that she has left at the moment it seems...
    Not really. Betsy is a white woman with white brothers. She’s not adopted. Plus the whole political climate does not allow a white Woman to wear yellow face. By bringing back Kwannon in her original body Psylocke became a real Asian woman instead of a white woman masquerading as an Asian stereotype.

Betsy could have learned how to physically fight without changing her race to Asian. Thst was extremely offensive and part of the reason she is back as an English woman and Captain Britain.

But for fans of Asian Psylocke, you still have her. She’s Kwannon.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Too bad for fans who like Betsy as Psylocke, whether she's white or Asian...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Not really. Betsy is a white woman with white brothers. She’s not adopted. Plus the whole political climate does not allow a white Woman to wear yellow face. By bringing back Kwannon in her original body Psylocke became a real Asian woman instead of a white woman masquerading as an Asian stereotype.

Betsy could have learned how to physically fight without changing her race to Asian. Thst was extremely offensive and part of the reason she is back as an English woman and Captain Britain.

Except that it's not technically yellowface as it wasn't makeup like blackface so she couldn't change her look or take the body "off" so to speak, and it wasn't her choice to be in the more Asian of the two bodies in the end, Kwannon always was Asian...and again Betsy couldn't change her body at will and wasn't choosing to be in the more Asian body it's the only one that she had...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Except that it's not technically yellowface as it wasn't makeup like blackface so she couldn't change her look or take the body "off" so to speak, and it wasn't her choice to be in the more Asian of the two bodies in the end, Kwannon always was Asian...and again Betsy couldn't change her body at will and wasn't choosing to be in the more Asian body it's the only one that she had...
    But it’s moot now anyway With the Five and Krakoa resurrection protocols.

If Kwannon didn’t return to her Asian body and Betsy didn’t return to her English body a couple years ago, then it would be done now anyway in the time of Krakoa. Because now Betsy has the choice.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder what Claremont was going with her now having brown eyes, instead of purple.

527DC439-CAEB-4CE2-84C8-2BF03E2FED57.jpg

Normally I’d chalk it up to a coloring error, but the intentional close up of it makes me think their was much more.

Today’s Excalibur was nice! I enjoyed Betsy reminding Saturnyne that she’s been CB before and we’re finally getting to what it means for her to be CB. Like Opal said, it’s not just about picking up the amulet and taking the duty. Betsy’s gonna have to reconcile soon if this is something she really wants.

I feel like X of Swords is gonna be a good time!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Today’s Excalibur was nice! I enjoyed Betsy reminding Saturnyne that she’s been CB before and we’re finally getting to what it means for her to be CB. Like Opal said, it’s not just about picking up the amulet and taking the duty. Betsy’s gonna have to reconcile soon if this is something she really wants.

an extremely strong start to this event, first two issues were remarkable and some of the best issues period, since this new era started.
    It's the start of something memorable

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    an extremely strong start to this event, first two issues were remarkable and some of the best issues period, since this new era started.
    It's the start of something memorable
    Yep, and Excalibur actually feels like an important book now. I feel like both Excalibur and X-Men were hurt from having to mark time somewhat while waiting for this event to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

LoL Betsy has never been a Captain Britain. She always taken someone else's suit and just called herself Captain Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    LoL Betsy has never been a Captain Britain. She always taken someone else's suit and just called herself Captain Britain.
    You make it sound like she’s some villain that steals the mantle for malicious purposes. Just because Nightwing has only been Batman for short amounts of time in Bruce’s absence doesn’t mean that he can’t lay claim to being Batman.

She was approached to be CB when Brian "retired"

Jamie and Brian gave her the CB uniform in the Remender Otherworld arc.

And in this serires Brian told her to take the amulet which then turned her in to CB.

You can dislike it. But it was given to her multiple times. She didn't take anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You make it sound like she’s some villain that steals the mantle for malicious purposes. Just because Nightwing has only been Batman for short amounts of time in Bruce’s absence doesn’t mean that he can’t lay claim to being Batman.
    Nah, nothing like that. Also your analogy isn't quite right. Anyone can call themselves Batman, because that is a title that isn't chosen, you just become it. On the other hand Captain Britains are chosen by Merlin and Roma and that has yet to happen to Betsy. It would be like me putting on a police uniform and calling myself a police officer. It doesn't quite work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    She was approached to be CB when Brian "retired"

Jamie and Brian gave her the CB uniform in the Remender Otherworld arc.

And in this serires Brian told her to take the amulet which then turned her in to CB.

You can dislike it. But it was given to her multiple times. She didn't take anything.
    Doesn't matter if Brian retires, if she's not chosen to take up the mantle by Merlin/Roma, then she just someone taking on someone elses identity.

Doesn't matter what Jamie or Brian gave her, it's just a suit that gives her powers and not the responsibility.

Yeah about to be taken over by a witch and he gives her the one item that will allow her to escape Otherworld. Not really why you would read more into that situation than that.

It's not that I dislike it, it just a matter of fact! Now you can dislike that, but that is the current reality.
    Last edited by Knightmare; 09-16-2020 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Grammar

I don't really care because both of them are going to be active in Swords of X. You seem displeased by her current status. So carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I don't really care because both of them are going to be active in Swords of X. You seem displeased by her current status. So carry on.
    I'm with you there! I'm actually looking forward to X of Swords. I'm not displeased by her current status, but I'm very displeased with the execution of this current title. So much wasted opportunity for most of the characters in this book. So I'll carry on and hope that it gets better, that's all any of us can do.