Page 76 of 112 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1675

It's not about her having CB super strength. Apart from being able to travel to Otherworld, what is Betsy's benefit of being CB?

Imagine if Jane Foster picked up Thor's hammer...and nothing happened. Yet she still called herself Thor but all she had was a chunk of rock attached to a stick. To me it's like that.

Betsy already has a fantastic array of powers. I just don't see what being CB brings to the table.

Ultimate Member

I think that it was done greatly to differentiate her from Psylocke, with then little to no thought given to what happens next...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that it was done greatly to differentiate her from Psylocke, with then little to no thought given to what happens next...
    Well, yes. Rebrand her. It also lets them tell stories about her connect her to England’s mystical heritage, which were always a part of her heritage.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I just want a well written Betsy. They also really need to play up the importance of the role, like Captain America. Her just having the title, and easy access to Otherworld doesn’t really inspire those of Great Britain, imo.

Also, even though they’re defunct mini, I really want to see them interact with the Union heroes. Especially Britannia.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Now I wish this costume was majority blue.

This is beautiful. I also want a mostly blue costume now.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    The outfit is a little too frilly, but I love the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I agree. I think it looks way better with more blues. And just better with the hair as well. Actually wish they'd just give her a BLUE version of the Anka Uncanny X-Force uniform.
    That would look really good. I miss quite a few of her more recent costumes and wouldn’t mind seeing them come back in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Now I wish this costume was majority blue.

Now I want Otto on Excalibur. No offense to Marcus, but he makes everyone look like children.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Well, yes. Rebrand her. It also lets them tell stories about her connect her to England’s mystical heritage, which were always a part of her heritage.
    They didn't need to do all of that just to connect her to her heritage, they could have done that while she was still in the Asian body, and basically her mystical heritage is pretty much all that she has left at the moment it seems...

I really wish they’d stop focusing on the psi-sword, and shield. There’s so many more things they should/could be developing with her new position.

I hope there are cast shakeups with all of the books once XoS is over. The only book with the near perfect cast was New Mutants.

Tini should play with the idea of having an Excalibur like team on the rest of the Earth’s of the multiverse. Loads of potential to mine.

Just got back up to the Lady Mandarin story. The Kwannon retcon doesn’t make a lick of sense, does it? There’s even a bit where Mat’suo mentions that they still can’t see Betsy with their monitor systems, which is obviously a property of her original body after Fall Of The Mutants.

Weirdest thing about it is that I’ve never read these issues as Spiral and Mojo actually being present - they’re figments of her imagination like everyone else she sees in the sensory deprivation tank - and yet future stories frequently reference Spiral’s Body Shoppe around this plot point. It’s actually mentioned during Muir Isle that Spiral is off on a mission with Crimson Commando.

Not that the original intent changes any of what followed, but it’s incredible how much this one event mired every writer who wrote the character after - popularising her but in the most messy-as-hell way imaginable.

Mafex is relasing a new X-Men figure and it's our girl!

psy.jpg

they are really showing love for the 90's Jim Lee Blue team. Now we only need Jubilee, Rogue and Beast.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Just got back up to the Lady Mandarin story. The Kwannon retcon doesn’t make a lick of sense, does it? There’s even a bit where Mat’suo mentions that they still can’t see Betsy with their monitor systems, which is obviously a property of her original body after Fall Of The Mutants.

Weirdest thing about it is that I’ve never read these issues as Spiral and Mojo actually being present - they’re figments of her imagination like everyone else she sees in the sensory deprivation tank - and yet future stories frequently reference Spiral’s Body Shoppe around this plot point. It’s actually mentioned during Muir Isle that Spiral is off on a mission with Crimson Commando.

Not that the original intent changes any of what followed, but it’s incredible how much this one event mired every writer who wrote the character after - popularising her but in the most messy-as-hell way imaginable.
    Claremont stated that his original idea was that her asian makeover would shatter as an illusion after she regained control from the hand’s brain wash. Indeed mojo, spiral and the body shope were intended to be part of a fever dream instead of the actual responsibles for reshaping her body in the physical plan. This was rewritten during the retcon though
    Last edited by crimsontt; 09-15-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Claremont stated that his original idea was that her asian makeover would shatter as an illusion after she regained control from the hand’s brain wash. Indeed mojo, spiral and the body shope were intended to be part of a fever dream instead of the actual responsibles for reshaping her body in the physical plan. This was rewritten during the retcon though
    I’m currently being annoyed that the weird goings on at Muir Island are clearly a side effect of Polaris’s new powers making everyone go more instinctual, and not because the Shadow King has possessed everyone, as Lord Claremont himself retcons it several issues later. Feels like he just ditches a whole set-up there and joins it up with the child-Storm-on-the-run story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I’m currently being annoyed that the weird goings on at Muir Island are clearly a side effect of Polaris’s new powers making everyone go more instinctual, and not because the Shadow King has possessed everyone, as Lord Claremont himself retcons it several issues later. Feels like he just ditches a whole set-up there and joins it up with the child-Storm-on-the-run story.
    The Muir Island Saga was supposed to be a much bigger crossover called Mutant Wars which Claremont had been building towards for years. If you notice retcons its bc Claremont didnt write it. This happened around the time he got fed up with Marvel and left the book. UXM 278 is credited as Claremont and he leaves midway through 279 with Nicieza taking over and writing the entirety of 280. Claremont had also been writing X-Factor but quits with Endgame and X-Factor #69 is credited as Nicieza (with lots of help). Peter David steps in to write the epilogue in #80. It was a mess and that Shadow King plotline got butchered as a result