Page 22 of 112 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. I think Betsy as CB will last as long as the current Krakoa status quo but I can only imagine she'll fall off once Excalibur and her position as CB does. Marvel obviously isnt giving her the push that Carol got and even in Dawn of X, she isnt really pushed to be a major figure outside of Excalibur
    I don't expect her to be pushed like Carol, I meant more in that she takes on the mantle of Captain _____ and that's the name she sticks with (though I guess she already was Captain Britain before). I don't see what other name she'd take other than CB though since Psylocke is already taken. I have to say though that I haven't been keeping up with Excalibur, I don't get floppies, nor even TPBs (my favourite format are omnis since I like having hardcover books that are more durable for me to take with me places and for something meaty that lasts longer) so I don't know exactly what's been going on other short synopses I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    I don't expect her to be pushed like Carol, I meant more in that she takes on the mantle of Captain _____ and that's the name she sticks with (though I guess she already was Captain Britain before). I don't see what other name she'd take other than CB though since Psylocke is already taken. I have to say though that I haven't been keeping up with Excalibur, I don't get floppies, nor even TPBs (my favourite format are omnis since I like having hardcover books that are more durable for me to take with me places and for something meaty that lasts longer) so I don't know exactly what's been going on other short synopses I've read.
    The only reason Carol has styed as Captain Marvel is bc they pushed her and its something they've been persistent with since the change. Marvel isnt pushing Betsy nor do I see them doing so, hence why I dont see her current mantle sticking with her. I think "Psylocke" is more valuable to Marvel and that may or may not be Betsy in the future

The only reason Carol has styed as Captain Marvel is bc they pushed her and its something they've been persistent with since the change. Marvel isnt pushing Betsy nor do I see them doing so, hence why I dont see her current mantle sticking with her. I think "Psylocke" is more valuable to Marvel and that may or may not be Betsy in the future
    I think if she gets introduced into the MCU they'll just simplify her, maybe make Psylocke exclusively Asian with nothing about body swapping or keep Psylocke as a British of Asian descent/adopted into the Braddock family? I'm not sure though how much of a priority she'd be in the MCU as Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue, Storm, Beast, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, etc. are all more likely candidates to be featured.

Is there a good place to find pictures that can be used as avatars? I'm not entirely sure where to look for more pics of Betsy to use.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Is there a good place to find pictures that can be used as avatars? I'm not entirely sure where to look for more pics of Betsy to use.
    I have quite a few Betsy avatars. Anything in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I have quite a few Betsy avatars. Anything in particular?
    Hmm, nothing really, something that works well as a square avy and is high-res are the main things I'm looking for. Something that doesn't have the background overpowering her either.

BANNED

Feige has completely creative control of Marvel, including the comics. Perhaps a Captain Britain or Excalibur cartoon is planned or something.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Feige has completely creative control of Marvel, including the comics. Perhaps a Captain Britain or Excalibur cartoon is planned or something.
    Captain Britain and the Brexiteers.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Hmm, nothing really, something that works well as a square avy and is high-res are the main things I'm looking for. Something that doesn't have the background overpowering her either.
    Here are 3 newer ones. If you like these, lmk and I’ll post more.
    F4FAAAE1-1932-44FB-98AE-508AADFC5FC9.jpgF8593CCD-2C73-4575-A570-FF8314017A73.jpg5107858B-074B-433A-A646-89C18C680936.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Thanks, I may use these in the future. Right now I'm going to try to use some concept art from MUA3 though.

Idk how active everyone is on twitter but this young lady has been getting a ton of buzz for her Captain Britain cosplay. She’s adorable! And I think she’s the first person to cosplay the fit so far? Super fun.

https://twitter.com/0dfel
    Last edited by Psycwave; 02-22-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Wow, what a stunner. That's such a great cosplay and it's things like this that will give our girl more exposure.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

All-New Member

I cannot begin to explain how much I miss Betsy as Psylocke. The iconic color-scheme, the butterfly power-insignia that was absolutely stolen from her in a lazy attempt to promote a new character, the new suit that looked absolutely amazing and that we will probably never see again...

BetsyBraddock.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Wow, what a stunner. That's such a great cosplay and it's things like this that will give our girl more exposure.
    Right!

Ugh, I’m so excited for the future of Captain Betsy and all the crazy stuff that Hickman and Howard have planned for Otherworld. I’m ready to see the summoners and Arrako and what it all brings to the mythos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Right!

Ugh, I’m so excited for the future of Captain Betsy and all the crazy stuff that Hickman and Howard have planned for Otherworld. I’m ready to see the summoners and Arrako and what it all brings to the mythos.
    hickman wrote stellar captain brittain stuff on his avengers run and even remembered to include betsy as part of that family, its a question of time.