Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1675
    All-New Member

This is kind of farfetched, but the preview for Hellions #6 says “a hero returns.” Maybe it’s referring to Betsy and Kwannon will be involved somehow?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

The only conforms I take from today's odd issues, especially the fights to be kind. Is Saturnye did obviously alluded to what would happen to Bets, she has plans for her let us hope they're better than what we've gotten so far.

BANNED

Lmao she got fodderized like the fodder she was.

Maybe she died as Captain Britain so she can be resurrected as Psylocke. I kid, but not really

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe she died as Captain Britain so she can be resurrected as Psylocke. I kid, but not really
    I would be cool with that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by focusedT View Post
    This is kind of farfetched, but the preview for Hellions #6 says “a hero returns.” Maybe it’s referring to Betsy and Kwannon will be involved somehow?
    It would be nice but I doubt it... this run (specially for Betsy), is really disappointing.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Someone sweep up those pieces and let Betsy put herself back together like she did in Mystery in Madripoor. Take that sword’s power too and f some **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    It would be nice but I doubt it... this run (specially for Betsy), is really disappointing.
    I kind of love that Betsy has been put through the ringer so much this run. She hasn't been broken down to really build herself back up in awhile and it's nice to get in her head as opposed to so many other writers who glossed over it. I just need Saturnyne to get over her beef so our girl can thrive! I've noticed all the folks suffering/humiliated the greatest are the ones Saturnyne seems to hold a grudge against the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Someone sweep up those pieces and let Betsy put herself back together like she did in Mystery in Madripoor. Take that sword’s power too and f some **** up.
    Okay! I'm really hoping she comes back before the end of this event as opposed to Excalibur because I REALLY still want that Betsy/Isca fight. Whatever shenanigans went on to cause that sword to break need to be solved quickly so she can get back to work!
    Last edited by Psycwave; 11-12-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes, shenanigans are clearly in play but I just wish we had gotten more of her duel with Isca even if it ended in the same manner. It's not as though Betsy is a Doug-level novice with a sword. She should have given Isca a decent sweat at the very least.

Instead we get two pages of block and parry then the rest of the issue is a wedding...with some Dragon nonsense thrown in for who knows what reason because it clearly does not add anything to the actual story being told in the chapter.

At this point I don't even care How she's brought back...if it's going to be just as inane as her fight (and chances are it will be).

As much as I've defended Tini and actually liked most of Excalibur...I'm giving her that one post-XoS issue (with Meggan on the cover) to prove why I shouldn't just drop Excalibur entirely.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-12-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

When the good sis said "Can't lose? Just means you never learned how to fight" I just KNEW we were about to get a battle! Loved all the confidence and attitude but again I'm hopeful this was more of a "round 1" since there are other things in play and we do get treated to a full out brawl at some point.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    When the good sis said "Can't lose? Just means you never learned how to fight" I just KNEW we were about to get a battle! Loved all the confidence and attitude but again I'm hopeful this was more of a "round 1" since there are other things in play and we do get treated to a full out brawl at some point.
    Well, that was anti-climactic. Le sigh.

I loved how confident Betsy was, though. I'm hopeful she isn't really dead and Jamie and/or Saturnyne spared her (she is still Captain Britain, after all, and keeping her alive would be to their advantage). So the first Excalibur post-XOS is the rest of the team finding where Betsy is/what really happened to her.

Although now I'm wishing for Giant Size X-Men: Elizabeth Braddock #1 and Giant Size X-Men: Kwannon #1.

Remember this panel guys? Betsy's been inhabited by various version of herselfs before.

I think my biggest issue with current Betsy is that a lot is still unknown. It's just something is lacking in the story telling for ME.

Tini Howard show have dropped more insightfull tidbits throughout the series in my opinion.

I just don't think its enough. Especially since we've been waiting since Mystery in Madripoor to get insight into Betsy.

And you guys that came out in December of 2018!

So when I hear that its always been there or the writer is giving it to us in her own way. It's just not connecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    And what a battle it was! Two pages of awkward poses before getting shattered...achieving absolutely nothing. Not to mention that the next second her friends are having a wedding celebration like nothing happened. How humiliating.

I'm glad that at least some people are enjoying the story, but I think you're way overhyping it. Dying and having identity issues is nothing new for Besty. In fact, it's been done to death (pun intended) at this point and with much better writing.

I’m not sure what’s being overhyped lol. I think even non Betsy fans recognize how bad that “fight” was done. I think the story is fine but that was just a mess.