Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1675

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    She didn't intionally do that, but at least it was stated that she was a powerful enough wielder of the Starlight Sword to have triggered the mass restoration of the CB Corps.
    I know Betsy is awesome, now I want them to show it.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Anybody noticed this?

There're 23 Cap Britains (including Betsy) and it's only 1 section out of 564.430 sections. It means there are going to be appx 10 mil of Cap Britains out of least 10 mil of realities!
    I hope we can see some of these animal/Dragon Cap Britains in the future of Excalibur.

BANNED

Definitely want all the cute animal Betsy CBs on a team book :')

Or at least The Violet Swan solo!

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Sister Britain sounds like a riot and Liza Braddock sounds like an uptight b-word lol

I'm TERRIFIED on what they'll do to Betsy, based on Excalibur solicitations.

Mighty Member

It only took 15 issues to finally get a great issue of Excalibur. And of course no real Betsy in it. I’m really only interested in seeing what happens with Betsy and seeing if all this setup for Otherworld will pay off and be used or never really seen again. After this event she should dump the mutant magic crap and start using the playground set up for Otherworld and the kingdoms as that’s the only interesting thing to come about from X of Swords (Excalibur wise)

I wish the real Betsy was there to lead the charge. She should have risen from that mosaic after Saturnyne realized the starlight sword and her spell chose Betsy as CB. That was a big miss for me.

The CB Corps being back is nice. But I'm still bummed out that OUR Betsy didn't play as big a part in X of Swords as I thought she would. I thought she have moments like Storm and Scott and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    It only took 15 issues to finally get a great issue of Excalibur. And of course no real Betsy in it. I’m really only interested in seeing what happens with Betsy and seeing if all this setup for Otherworld will pay off and be used or never really seen again. After this event she should dump the mutant magic crap and start using the playground set up for Otherworld and the kingdoms as that’s the only interesting thing to come about from X of Swords (Excalibur wise)

I wish the real Betsy was there to lead the charge. She should have risen from that mosaic after Saturnyne realized the starlight sword and her spell chose Betsy as CB. That was a big miss for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    The CB Corps being back is nice. But I'm still bummed out that OUR Betsy didn't play as big a part in X of Swords as I thought she would. I thought she have moments like Storm and Scott and Jean.
    I agree with both of you... although it's nice to have a whole Corps based on our gal, she didn't (yet again under Tini) have a lot of agency or cool action moments in this event. I was really hoping this would be one of the first times that Betsy would be a main character in an event.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree with both of you... although it's nice to have a whole Corps based on our gal, she didn't (yet again under Tini) have a lot of agency or cool action moments in this event. I was really hoping this would be one of the first times that Betsy would be a main character in an event.
    I feel like she did more and was involved more in that awful Uncanny run leading up to Age of X-man. And that was 10 issues of setup. This was a 22 issue event that really set up just as much, if not more, for Otherworld and arcs in Excalibur as it did for the next era for Reign of X. Also kind of disappointed that we didn’t even get much of a glimpse of anything on that Reign of X teaser (besides Mad Jim) in terms of Excalibur.

Tini did a really good job in the last issue of Excalibur (and we know how I feel about her writing), but our gal wasn’t in it. I hope she can take this and not drop the ball and do exciting stuff. I guess we will start to find out next month.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Anybody noticed this?

There're 23 Cap Britains (including Betsy) and it's only 1 section out of 564.430 sections. It means there are going to be appx 10 mil of Cap Britains out of least 10 mil of realities!
    I hope we can see some of these animal/Dragon Cap Britains in the future of Excalibur.
    I'd expect so. There were millions of Brian Britain's before.

Astonishing Member

Does anybody here what powers Betsy is supposed to have right now, and what powers Kwannon is supposed to have right now?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Does anybody here what powers Betsy is supposed to have right now, and what powers Kwannon is supposed to have right now?
    Betsy has tk (constructs, force fields etc), tp (psi blasts, communication etc), every Captain Britain usually gets Super Strength, Enanched Durability & Speed, Flight.
    Aditionally In the past Betsy displayed precognitive powers, (short-term future precognitive flashes).
    Last edited by Daedra; 11-27-2020 at 05:56 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

I have to say that the more I think about this whole CB Corp of Betsy’s, the more it bothers me. In most, not all, Brian or an alt version has been a CB or a version of that title. Betsy has only been CB for a short amount of time. As the call for the CB Corp goes out, we already see that these alt world Betsy’s are already CB. So does what happens in 616 direct those that happen in alt universes? Shouldn’t some of these Captains not be an alt Betsy?

As cool as it was to see the CBC come to battle, I think it would have been cooler to have all different types of Captain Britains instead of them all being just that world’s Betsy. Now we have all these alternate Betsy’s and not even the best version of the original.

BANNED

... Anyway, this is gorgeous <3 <3 by Ty Romsa.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Anybody noticed this?

I want Original Captain England, Original Captain Albion, Linda, Justicer Bull and Lady London back! Especially that dreamy Captain England!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Betsy has tk (constructs, force fields etc), tp (psi blasts, communication etc), every Captain Britain usually gets Super Strength, Enanched Durability & Speed, Flight.
    Aditionally In the past Betsy displayed precognitive powers, (short-term future precognitive flashes).
    I don't think Betsy has displayed any Captain Britain powers has she? Aside from easy access to Otherworld.