Page 14 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

I absolutely love the costume.

Also.

Carol became Captain Marvel in 2012 and she had a movie in 2019, which is 7 years. Betsy became Captain Britain in 2019 and this means that there's a possibility that she could very well have a movie in 7 years at 2026.

I think they could go one of two ways. 1. It'd be a legacy movie-- have Brian be Captain Britain for the first act of the movie, then something happens and Betsy takes over. 2. They change the mythos and match it to current canon-- have them be twin Captain Britain's using the Amulet/Sword.

Our girl could very, very, very well be starring in her own movie. I think her separating from being just a sole X-Man would give her many more opportunities to be explored more in other mediums (MCU films, Disney+ Originals, Cartoons, Merchandise, Video Games). Whereas as "Psylocke" the X-Man, she would have to share the love with countless of other characters in which she may not win that contest.

Marvel/Disney could learn from the mistakes made when promoting Carol and give proper development and lead up to Betsy as Captain Britain. And Captain Britain has also been rumored to have come up in MCU discussion; plus when Peggy mentioned Agent Braddock.

I'd prefer if she was in her mid-to-late 20's, but you have to think about when this movie would be made, and how the actress would be older then. And I'd like to say this is an inspired casting: Saoirse Ronan. She has a unique enough look, very masculine, but feminine looking at the same time. She is a phenomenal actress (I already watched Little Women twice). And she also looks "fairy-like."

Last edited by gifted; 01-25-2020 at 10:52 AM.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I LOVELOVELOVE Saoirse Ronan!!!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I absolutely love the costume.

Also.

Carol became Captain Marvel in 2012 and she had a movie in 2019, which is 7 years. Betsy became Captain Britain in 2019 and this means that there's a possibility that she could very well have a movie in 7 years at 2026.

I think they could go one of two ways. 1. It'd be a legacy movie-- have Brian be Captain Britain for the first act of the movie, then something happens and Betsy takes over. 2. They change the mythos and match it to current canon-- have them be twin Captain Britain's using the Amulet/Sword.

Our girl could very, very, very well be starring in her own movie. I think her separating from being just a sole X-Man would give her many more opportunities to be explored more in other mediums (MCU films, Disney+ Originals, Cartoons, Merchandise, Video Games). Whereas as "Psylocke" the X-Man, she would have to share the love with countless of other characters in which she may not win that contest.

Marvel/Disney could learn from the mistakes made when promoting Carol and give proper development and lead up to Betsy as Captain Britain. And Captain Britain has also been rumored to have come up in MCU discussion; plus when Peggy mentioned Agent Braddock.

I'd prefer if she was in her mid-to-late 20's, but you have to think about when this movie would be made, and how the actress would be older then. And I'd like to say this is an inspired casting: Saoirse Ronan. She has a unique enough look, very masculine, but feminine looking at the same time. She is a phenomenal actress (I already watched Little Women twice). And she also looks "fairy-like."

I wish Feige would allow this to happen as an 8 episode Disney + series. That focuses on a few S.T.R.I.K.E missions, Otherworld shenanigans, and then some mutant stuff.

I would also want them to have Kwannon on the show as an empath with martial arts though. And Betsy being the more of a fighter that is like Black Widows fight style. But with TP/TK.

Appearances by Meggan, Pete Wisdom, Faiza, etc.

Come on Feige.

Yes! A TV show would be really good too. Imagine if they made a classic Brian Braddock Captain Britain movie. And then had an 8-part series where Brian dies at the end of the first episode, a la Ned Stark.
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I love the cape on that cover...it's usually shorter in-story...it reminds me of her Outback armor look.
    thats why i love it so much, feels like a full circle to her time before the silly body change.

And saiorse would outsell

i miss this Betsy.

0.jpg

Wish i knew who the artist was.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    i miss this Betsy.

0.jpg

love this!! total confidence

i miss this Betsy.

0.jpg

Priscilla Petraites
    https://instagram.com/priscilla_petraites
    Cinderella

i miss this Betsy.

0.jpg
    Yeah I wish that would have stuck around for awhile.

Will Betsy be Captain Britain from here in out?!

I really hope not. I always wanted her to be a Captain again, but only briefly.

But with Kwannon taking up the Psylocke name, where does that leave Betts??

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Sister Britain.
    Agent Braddock of SHIELD.
    Sandalphon of RCX.
    Imperial.
    Runway.
    The Lady of the Lighthouse.
    The Violet Knight.

keep going?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Yeah I wish that would have stuck around for awhile.

Will Betsy be Captain Britain from here in out?!

I really hope not. I always wanted her to be a Captain again, but only briefly.

Lady Briton.

All of those are pretty "eerrr...". Keep her as Captain Britain and if Kwannon gets another codename or ends up in limbo for a long time then maybe give her Psylocke back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    All of those are pretty "eerrr...". Keep her as Captain Britain and if Kwannon gets another codename or ends up in limbo for a long time then maybe give her Psylocke back.
    I agree they’re mostly ****, which is part of my point. Betsy MIGHT be at the point of character recognition she doesn’t need a codename, like Jean, Kitty, Jessica Jones, Emma Frost, and Donna Troy.

And if that’s the case, it doesn’t matter what her codename is. She could have one, some, or all of them. Like how Wolverine is Patch in Madripoor, she could have an alias for each of her “jobs”.

BANNED

the braddock name is enough to keep her relevant, im fine with just betsy braddock tbh, I think the dynamic betwen the x-men is so familiar and everyone is somewhat close and comfortable that codenames just feel awkward.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-27-2020 at 06:45 PM.

She could take Brian’s former Britannic monicker.