Page 17 of 112 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Where is all this talk about her getting another codename coming from? Is she not going to be Captain Britain anymore or what?

I feel like the Captain Britain name is getting an undeserved bad rap. Just keep her away Tini Howard and she will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I like the Captain Britain name. The talk came from the thought of "eventually she's gonna revert." But I don't think she is. Again, I think they're pulling a Carol as Captain Marvel here, but they're taking it slowly and learning from what they did wrong with Carol. It's a slow build, and I think Betsy as Captain Britain is here to stay.
    I think it’s more complicated and more simple than “she’ll stay as Captain Britain”.

While Carol was able to slide into the Captain Marvel role because Mar-Vell was long dead(sorry Monica), it’s unlikely Marvel will permanently kill off or retire Brian Braddock. I see it far more likely the role goes back to him... eventually. Maybe not til Hickman leaves the books, maybe not until someone decides to work with CB concepts again. But I do see him coming back.

All these other code names and ideas are really just spitballing that alternate future. I’m HOPING Marvel sees the opportunity to develop a Green Lantern or Shazam Family like brand with Captain Britain, and acknowledge BOTH twins as worthy of the role. While one takes the lead, the other plays lancer with Sword of Might and going by “Pendragon” or “Lionheart”. It’s my pipe dream, and I’m sticking with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I think it’s more complicated and more simple than “she’ll stay as Captain Britain”.

While Carol was able to slide into the Captain Marvel role because Mar-Vell was long dead(sorry Monica), it’s unlikely Marvel will permanently kill off or retire Brian Braddock. I see it far more likely the role goes back to him... eventually. Maybe not til Hickman leaves the books, maybe not until someone decides to work with CB concepts again. But I do see him coming back.

All these other code names and ideas are really just spitballing that alternate future. I’m HOPING Marvel sees the opportunity to develop a Green Lantern or Shazam Family like brand with Captain Britain, and acknowledge BOTH twins as worthy of the role. While one takes the lead, the other plays lancer with Sword of Might and going by “Pendragon” or “Lionheart”. It’s my pipe dream, and I’m sticking with it.
    Brian as Captain Britain was not that popular. Feige is now the chief creative officer at Marvel. Including films, tv shows, and the comics themselves. Hickman’s changes seem to be to prep for XMen MCU.

Therefore I think Elizabeth will permanently keep the Captain Britain title.

BANNED

marvel mystical skywalker twins is a very very easy thing to market, one being a cool x-men with a tendency for violence and a pretty brave/proactive ... well betsy is a bit like leia uh...

Mighty Member

why can’t there be two Captains? There are two Spider-men. Give her a different costume and the sword. She’s more swords than Brian. Or just let her become Captain Krakoa! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    marvel mystical skywalker twins is a very very easy thing to market, one being a cool x-men with a tendency for violence and a pretty brave/proactive ... well betsy is a bit like leia uh...
    Leia never ran through Magneto for shithousery.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Betsy comes with her own lightsaber.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    why can’t there be two Captains? There are two Spider-men. Give her a different costume and the sword. She’s more swords than Brian. Or just let her become Captain Krakoa! lol
    There are hundreds of Captains, the whole Corps, it’s just usually one per dimension.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Britain_Corps

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    There are hundreds of Captains, the whole Corps, it’s just usually one per dimension.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Britain_Corps
    I’m aware. There can still be two on earth.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Aha, didn’t know that, It’s such a complicated, fabulously mad background, I’m not surprised when people don’t.

Why is that? Show me another universe where that is the case!

Unfortunately I don't think Tini Howard is interested in the Captain Britain Corp as a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Why is that? Show me another universe where that is the case!

Unfortunately I don't think Tini Howard is interested in the Captain Britain Corp as a concept.
    They’re always evil alternative versions of Brian with a goatee beard, or utterly disposable dimension cops. Don’t think I’m that interested in them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    They’re always evil alternative versions of Brian with a goatee beard, or utterly disposable dimension cops. Don’t think I’m that interested in them either.
    Yes, every universe has it's own Captain Britain. But there is never more that 1 per universe. They haven't turned into the Green Lantern Corp yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Yes, every universe has it's own Captain Britain. But there is never more that 1 per universe. They haven't turned into the Green Lantern Corp yet!
    I don’t have my Captain Britain trade, but the circumstances that allow Betsy to assume the role of Captain Britain while Brian was on sabbatical are very nebulous. That specific story downplayed the importance of Arthurian symbology like the Amulet and Sword in favor of cybernetic/magical supersuits.

During that time, another CB, Captain U.K., was a guest resident of 616 and had her own CB suit and did not lose any powers nor authority to act on behalf of of the multiverse or Otherworld, despite possibly not being a public national hero, the way Betsy now defers to the Queen.

Betsy’s original stint as CB was very short******d, and during her tenure, it can be assumed she, Brian, and Linda McQuillan(Cap U.K.) were ALL empowered Captain Britains, active on Earth 616. It’s been 40 years since tho... abd Captain Britain cosmology is NOT as explored or cemented as other corners of the Marvel Universe.

She’s so annoyed with him lol.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

She’s so annoyed with him lol.
    I love that she throws TK daggers! Now we need a new telepathy power signature