Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How about a CB variant like this?

wow i love this a lot

wish she just had another version of a body suit though too now that i think of it.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    Rumor has it that Psylocke will appear in Shang-Chi!

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...DUXQj_YT0Kn1cE
    I will be pissed if they introduce Betsy as Asian in the movies - use Kwannon instead!

I doubt they'd use Kwannon on the movies. They're most likely just gonna make Betsy asian from birth. Whether it's by making her only Brian's half sister, or adopted, or the Braddocks being all half-asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I doubt they'd use Kwannon on the movies. They're most likely just gonna make Betsy asian from birth. Whether it's by making her only Brian's half sister, or adopted, or the Braddocks being all half-asian.
    Id have thought that a year ago but they are pushing Kwannon in the books and she represents a strong Asian character whereas Betsy does not. If Betsy and/or Brian are to be Captain Britian, its more important that their race is preserved as i dont see them making an Asian or half Asian character, the Captain Britain of the MCU

Id have thought that a year ago but they are pushing Kwannon in the books and she represents a strong Asian character whereas Betsy does not. If Betsy and/or Brian are to be Captain Britian, its more important that their race is preserved as i dont see them making an Asian or half Asian character, the Captain Britain of the MCU
    Well, I feel like the chances of Marvel wanting to use Psylocke on the X-Men movies is higher than of them wanting to do a Captain Britain movie/show. She's a character with a big presence on other media that most fans know even if just by name and aesthetic. She was also only in 1 movie with a short part on the Foxverse, so having her on the roster would be fresh.

But I don't think they're gonna want to introduce her as white when she's always been more known as an asian ninja. But will they want to make Psylocke Kwannon, when Betsy is the one that has always been Psylocke until just recently, and just not have Betsy? Well, then there are two solutions:

- Introducing Betsy as Captain Britain and Kwannon as Psylocke.
    Downsides: No Brian as Captain Britain, having to introduce two characters instead of one.

- Making Betsy half-asian and making her Psylocke
    Downsides: Not having Kwannon, a character that is only known by being used as a shell for the more popular one.

In that way, they can either just have her as Psylocke with no Captain Britain, have Brian as Captain Britain, or go with a half-asian Captain Britain Betsy(maybe both, and she gets the mantle later, like how it was with Sam becoming Cap. Either would give them some diversity points the same way, too).

The only way I see Betsy being Asian in the MCU is if a really famous and awesome Asian actress is a huge fan of her and wants to play her.

But yeah, it’s possible but really unlikely. All of the arguments i’ve read for her being Asian in movies are the same arguments that were used by those who didn’t think she would ever return to her old body in the comics and we all saw how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, I feel like the chances of Marvel wanting to use Psylocke on the X-Men movies is higher than of them wanting to do a Captain Britain movie/show. She's a character with a big presence on other media that most fans know even if just by name and aesthetic. She was also only in 1 movie with a short part on the Foxverse, so having her on the roster would be fresh.

But I don't think they're gonna want to introduce her as white when she's always been more known as an asian ninja. But will they want to make Psylocke Kwannon, when Betsy is the one that has always been Psylocke until just recently, and just not have Betsy? Well, then there are two solutions:

- Introducing Betsy as Captain Britain and Kwannon as Psylocke.
    Downsides: No Brian as Captain Britain, having to introduce two characters instead of one.

- Making Betsy half-asian and making her Psylocke
    Downsides: Not having Kwannon, a character that is only known by being used as a shell for the more popular one.

In that way, they can either just have her as Psylocke with no Captain Britain, have Brian as Captain Britain, or go with a half-asian Captain Britain Betsy(maybe both, and she gets the mantle later, like how it was with Sam becoming Cap. Either would give them some diversity points the same way, too).
    Thats the thing, with Kwannon and Betsy existing as two seperate characters, they can use an Asian Psylocke but still have the option of using a British Captain Britian whether they do or dont use her. The main reason to have an asian Psylocke is to have a psionic ninja and that doesnt really have to be Elizabeth Braddock. One thing thats been consistent anytime Psylocke has been adapted to the movies or cartoons is that being Betsy Braddock almost never comes into play and mainly tends to be a function of her abilities and/or looks, not her backstory as Betsy. I dont feel there is as much affinity to Betsy as there is to Psylocke so I dont think its a forgone conclusion that she will be the Psylocke thats rumored to appear

Thats the thing, with Kwannon and Betsy existing as two seperate characters, they can use an Asian Psylocke but still have the option of using a British Captain Britian whether they do or dont use her. The main reason to have an asian Psylocke is to have a psionic ninja and that doesnt really have to be Elizabeth Braddock. One thing thats been consistent anytime Psylocke has been adapted to the movies or cartoons is that being Betsy Braddock almost never comes into play and mainly tends to be a function of her abilities and/or looks, not her backstory as Betsy. I dont feel there is as much affinity to Betsy as there is to Psylocke so I dont think its a forgone conclusion that she will be the Psylocke thats rumored to appear
    Well, I don't believe the rumor anyway. It comes from WGTC, the most unreliable rumor source of them all. I'm just speaking hypothetically, in what I personally think could be their thought process/what I believe makes more sense.

I'd be ecstatic if the rumour were true and it's Betsy as Lady Mandarin.For all those that are more than happy to let Kwannon keep feasting on Psylocke's most important stories;they can still portray her as Caucasian or half-Asian by birth and as an agent of the Mandarin at the same time.

The sooner she is out of the Captain Britain role and reclaims the Psylocke name and the psychic ninja role(in whichever body),the better.

Happy New Year to everyone!

I doubt that rumour is true but I would love it to be true.

Ultimate Member

If they introduced Betsy as Asian in the movies perhaps it'd end up with another bodyswap or something along those lines, that Betsy would do it as some sort of noble sacrifice and then wake up back in the Asian body, given that it's not actually Kwannon's original body anyway...or not...

Betsy should show up as a S.T.R.I.K.E member in a Captain Britain movie. Basically a better version of Black Widow. But with a Brit accent and TP/TK. And Lavender/Purple hair is important.

But that's just wishful thinking. I don't want her to randomly show up in the Shang Shi movie now that I think about it.

How about a CB variant like this?

I like both of these very much, minus the hood.

Also for action figure collector:

Hey guys...the Fwoosh is doing their annual top ten vote for the most wanted Marvel Legends. Every year Hasbro looks at that list. Last poll alone got 8 ou ten figures made!!!

so let's vote: so many amazing Betsy figures still to be done: Outback, Uncanny X-Force, FA pink suit, Disassembled, Captain Britain....

http://thefwoosh.com/2020/01/officia...op-ten-vote-2/
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Betsy’s current iteration would be ideal for the MCU. Her pink sword and shield provide such a great aesthetic along with all the Orherworld insanity, and I’d love to see all that rendered on the big screen. Meanwhile, Kwannon has so much potential with her own aesthetics and sensibilities that could really lean into Japanese art, cinema, and culture. There’s potential and space for both, so the appropriative tone deafness of the last three decades just shouldn’t be required.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Betsy should show up as a S.T.R.I.K.E member in a Captain Britain movie. Basically a better version of Black Widow. But with a Brit accent and TP/TK. And Lavender/Purple hair is important.

But that's just wishful thinking. I don't want her to randomly show up in the Shang Shi movie now that I think about it.
    I'll be happy if both Betsy and Kwannon appear in the MCU. Betsy as a former supermodel, billionaire, telepath S.T.R.I.K.E. agent and Kwannon as the empath ninja assassin.
    A picture would last longer darling...