Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

I would love for them to make Betsy Asian from the get-go and have her be Psylocke, but if the rumor is true, she just has a small role in the film, which worries me. I'm tired of her having limited roles in the films. When does she get to be an actual, fleshed out character?

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    I would love for them to make Betsy Asian from the get-go and have her be Psylocke, but if the rumor is true, she just has a small role in the film, which worries me. I'm tired of her having limited roles in the films. When does she get to be an actual, fleshed out character?
    cartoons too. She always seems to be an afterthought side character

The whole Ninja Chick Videogame Sprite thing is probably why JDW sees the move to Captain Britain as a good thing. Only problem is that Captain Britain is a rather bland character who dresses in the flag of an empire that screwed over half the planet, so they might want to work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I'd be ecstatic if the rumour were true and it's Betsy as Lady Mandarin.For all those that are more than happy to let Kwannon keep feasting on Psylocke's most important stories;they can still portray her as Caucasian or half-Asian by birth and as an agent of the Mandarin at the same time.

The sooner she is out of the Captain Britain role and reclaims the Psylocke name and the psychic ninja role(in whichever body),the better.

Happy New Year to everyone!
    Happy New Year!

If Betts is Lady Mandarin then she has to be at least partially Asian. There’s no way they would have a Caucasian Lady Mandarin. Can you imagine all the complaining that would trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    Hear, hear. I would love to see her finally get a substantial role in the movies in either body, preferably as Psylocke first and later as Captain Britain.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    cartoons too. She always seems to be an afterthought side character
    Agreed. At least in WatX, they hinted at her having a deeper inner life/backstory. But nothing came of it unfortunately.

I hope after a while they take time to redesign Kwannon into her own costume. I would also like Betsy to get a new costume and codename soon.

If Marvel is set on keeping the ninja look associated with the Psylocke codename, then they should give Betsy a new one after she's done being Captain Britain. Both can be telepaths but:
    -Psylocke is also a ninja assassin with her psy knife.
    -Lady Braddock is able to create european weapons out of her tk and has the butterfly associated to her telepathy, wich is stronger.

both are fierce fighters though.

I would like them to look something like this: Psylocke & Lady Braddock ...

Betsy&Kwannon.jpg

Also, personality wise:

Psylocke is cold, mysterious, ruthless, deep and more strategic.
    Lady Braddock is ironic, sexy, posh, heroic and warmer.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 01-03-2020 at 02:12 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

Betsy&Kwannon.jpg

Also, personality wise:

Psylocke is cold, mysterious, ruthless, deep and more strategic.
    Lady Braddock is ironic, sexy, posh, heroic and warmer.
    Outstanding.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I dig Lady Braddock.

I don't see the Captain Britain Betsy Braddock stuff having any chance in video games and cartoons. Just my opinion. And unfortunate.

Plus the CB colors clash with her hair.

They should have let her have a Krakoan version of the X-Men Diassembled uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Outstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I dig Lady Braddock.

I don't see the Captain Britain Betsy Braddock stuff having any chance in video games and cartoons. Just my opinion. And unfortunate.

Plus the CB colors clash with her hair.

They should have let her have a Krakoan version of the X-Men Diassembled uniform.
    Thank you. I really like the Disassembled look so I tried to keep the spirit of it, mixing it with some knight and royalty elements. A shame the doll website didn't have a long sword and shield. Would have liked to look if it went well with the concept I came up with.

My main problem with the CB looks is also the clashing colors.

For my Kwannon Psylocke I envision her hair even darker then I was able to color it.
    A picture would last longer darling...

One change that at least seems to be consistent with Kwannon going forward is that she has black hair, and I hope that most colorsts keep that going instead of making it purple. Its ironic that Marvel put her in the dated 90s costume and gave her so much of Betsy's elements but not the hair color which has been her single most iconic visual motif, more so than the bathing suit. I know Betsy herself was often drawn with black hair but there was no denying she was Psylocke when it was purple
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-03-2020 at 02:52 PM.

well if you really think about it. Not even the colorist could stay consistent with Betsy's hair.

Every other month she looked white or Asian with Black hair or Blue hair or purple hair.

Check out Soules Astonishing X-Men run.

Every artist drew her different.

Ultimate Member

Well even during the latest big event before this one the artists had Betsy drawn as both more English and looking quite Asian still, Marvel tried to fix the whole bodyswap thing and just made it more confusing and convoluted. The Psylocke that most know is the Betsy in the more Asian body, this CB version just doesn't feel like her at all, I always liked that she fought more with her brains and abilities and not because she was a tank that could just plow through anyone...though if they put Betsy into the MCU as the STRIKE character could that then be viewed as her being a copy of Black Widow in some circles...

It's not that confusing.

Just annoying that they added more.

So only Black Widow can be the only hand to hand fighter in the MCU?

Well those circles are dumb.

Betsy is way more than that.

Betsy as Captain Britian isnt a tank. That may have been a concern prior to DoX, but she's yet to even punch anyone and is not written as a female version of Brian's CB. She was more tanky before this change.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    It's not that confusing.

Just annoying that they added more.

So only Black Widow can be the only hand to hand fighter in the MCU?

Well those circles are dumb.

Betsy is way more than that.
    Never said that BW could be the only one, only that if not done right the two characters could be viewed as being pretty similar by some...confusing in that for decades Betsy was Psylocke and now she isn't, to some Betsy is still Psylocke and to me Betsy won't stay as CB forever...and CB isn't exactly a long range fighter, and a sword and shield are up close and personal weapons, a katana is as well but the two styles are very different, one is used more for speed and agility and the other is more to stand and fight, hence being a tank...