Page 49 of 112 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I think that the Kuberts were the ones doing the art when I got into comics and Betsy became one of my favorites...

Kubert drew the definitive Betsy in the 90s

He wasnt the best artist but damn was his Psylocke amazing

Ultimate Member

I never said that he was the best only that he drew Betsy well and was one of the reasons that got me into the character in the first place, I loved the look of her combined with the who she was and all...so much more than simply her physical beauty...

I wasnt responding to you

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    joe mad was what got me into the x-men comics as a kid. i loved how hot he made everyone lol. the issue where sabertooth fights betsy was graphic and brutal but great. i think i heard a rumor he didn't like drawing psylocke though like she was the most boring for him or something.
    Me, too. I have that issue, it was incredible. That's disappointing, Mad drew a magnificent Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

dan_nicky_your_bobbies.jpg 10 characters

Ultimate Member

I wasnt responding to you
    I just kind of mixed the two together responding to your post about he not being the best...anyway though yeah that time period Betsy looked really good...just wish that Churchill could have included Betsy during his time doing those few issues of Casey's X-book all those years ago...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that the Kuberts were the ones doing the art when I got into comics and Betsy became one of my favorites...
    Such a pity we have only one or two pannels or covers with adam kubert’s psylocke

Incredible Member

Kubert drew the definitive Betsy in the 90s

He wasnt the best artist but damn was his Psylocke amazing
    Andy kubert, jim lee and alan davis are artists that clearly put some Effort when drawing psylocke. They always put some energy on making her looking flawlessly beautiful.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Andy Kubert is an artist that I didn't like all that much in the beginning but as soon as his artist quirks went away and he started evolving he became one of my favorite artists. His work on Captain America as well as the short******d 90's Kazar solo was also really good.

^ Is there a reason why short dash lived was censored as a cuss word?

BANNED

How do you lot rate betsy's psychic abilities?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    How do you lot rate betsy's psychic abilities?
    Love her telepathy, and precognition. Hate the telekinesis. Yay. A purple haired Jean clone. Lose the teke, give her full telepathic prowess back.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Such a pity we have only one or two pannels or covers with adam kubert’s psylocke
    We have more than that don't we, I remember the issue where Betsy and Warren went to the Hellfire Club that a Kubert did right, and when Revanche died and Betsy showed Warren the bionic eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I do indeed love them both as well.

I've been reading all Psylocke comics since yesterday. I started with the issue after Mutant Massacre where she proves herself against Sabretooth and becomes an X-Men. It's very good to see the character evolution. I am now at the Madrippor adventure with Logan and Jubilee. I love this trio together so much.

Just whished they kept her British when they transformed her to Lady Mandarim. Just brainwashed with ninja skills and a sexy costume could have done the job. Because now she became popular as such and they striped Betsy aways of all that in order to avoid controversy (wish I get) and gave all of it to Kwannon.
    I definitely agree about her fight with Sabretooth. I can't find scans for it anywhere though. I wanted to post it in the powerful moments thread but I couldn't find anything on the web. Looks like I'll have to scan them. I do like how Psylocke and Jubilee play off each other a lot in those issues. Betsy was on the squad that went after Logan when he became Death along with Jubilee, Kitty and Kurt.

The separation of Betsy from Kwannons body wasn't going to make everyone happy, unfortunately.

On the subject of favorite artist for Betsy I'd have to go with Marc Silvestri. I wasn't really happy with how the body swap effected Psylockes character but I can't deny that his version of Psylocke made its mark and I do like his artwork from those days.