Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Movie fans dont care about the comics. And the MCUverse is good at streamlining.

All they have to do is introduce a caucasian brit as Betsy

And an Asian 'Kwannon'.

Its that simple. You don't have to explain that they use to be body switched or merged.

Just two bad ass females that can throw down.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Movie fans dont care about the comics. And the MCUverse is good at streamlining.

And an Asian 'Kwannon'.

Its that simple. You don't have to explain that they use to be body switched or merged.

Hear hear! Heck, you could even just make them rivals of some sort to give a connection. The girls can prosper!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

How about Betsy and Kwannon get a room after a heart-to-heart they've repeatedly put on hold but inevitably happens in the future?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

And an Asian 'Kwannon'.

Exactly... I'm sure they though of it when decide it to switch them back.... they want this messy and confusing story to be over it so they can have two badass female X-Men.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Saw that too. If Shang-Chi comes up against a Mandarin and The Hand, it’s possible we might see KWANNON as Lady Mandarin.
    She should. It was the superior Asianlocke look
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

If she does she show up in Shang-Chi, I hope they just make her Asian from the get-go and avoid any body swap mess.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    If she does she show up in Shang-Chi, I hope they just make her Asian from the get-go and avoid any body swap mess.
    If she’s going to be Asian she’ll definitely Asian from the get go. Disney is not nearly stupid enough to do the body swap.

God, I miss Betsy using her power creatively in her Psylocke days, especially during Remender's era. Even in her pre-ninja days, she used her telepathy in numerous ways: mind reading, mind control, psyco-blast, illusion, etc.
    Now it's just the same boring tk sword and shield. They should be more creative with the sword and shield: create/throw multiple swords, create much bigger shield/dome, archery skill etc.

Ultimate Member

They're partially using the same sword and shield combo to show that she's all British now and CB, though neither really looks right for Betsy imho...

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    God, I miss Betsy using her power creatively in her Psylocke days, especially during Remender's era. Even in her pre-ninja days, she used her telepathy in numerous ways: mind reading, mind control, psyco-blast, illusion, etc.
    Now it's just the same boring tk sword and shield. They should be more creative with the sword and shield: create/throw multiple swords, create much bigger shield/dome, archery skill etc.
    She was doing some fun medieval inspired weapons in Wood's run. I was expecting her to do more medieval weapons here.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They're partially using the same sword and shield combo to show that she's all British now and CB, though neither really looks right for Betsy imho...
    If they want to show she’s British she should have a half brick in a sock and a dustbin lid.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    If they want to show she’s British she should have a half brick in a sock and a dustbin lid.
    Pfui, nowt wrong with a sword, I’ve got my old Vike sword from back in the 80s.
    Most of my friends have swords, except those with bows or pike or musket.

And an Asian 'Kwannon'.

To me this isn't exactly streamlining. The way the MCU has amalgamated some other characters. I think the more 'streamline' thing to do would be to have her as an orphan they adopted on a trip to China. It can then be discovered that her and Brian were born at the exact same time and are 'connected' to each other in some way because of that. She was raised as Jamie and Brian's sister with Brian being very protective of her. She can be both a mutant and Brian can have his connection to the Otherworld.

This creates a way for them to cast Betsy as Asian but retain all the connections to her family but get rid of the messy retconned story lines from the 90s.

To be honest...do we need ANOTHER white female telepath on the big screen.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Ok with that thought. Why wouldnt they just make an Asian telepath when they have Kwannon?

Betsy is white. If you want Asian representation. They should bring in a character who was actually created to be Asian.

^Maybe the X writer would want to be faithful to the source material and to establish the ties to the Hand as part of Betsy's legacy and backstory. Nothing wrong with that.

Kwannon's presence affects Betsy negatively in the short and the long run.