Page 50 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Well it wasn't really fully Kwannon's body anyway so...

Art commissions that are almost impossible to get:

Clay Mann
    Olivier Coipel
    Russell Dauterman
    Jay Anacleto
    Jerome Opena
    Carmen Carnero
    Yasmine Putri

But I still want.

It came in today:

C7AC4D22-D660-4EC3-92ED-29D40344F391.jpg
    Last edited by CGAR; 04-29-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Yess the Taste. I would die for Coipel to come back to the x-books

You guys I don't like the current writer of Betsy.

Let me rephrase that.

I don't like her writing style.
    Last edited by CGAR; 04-29-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    You guys I don't like the current writer of Betsy.
    Neither do I. They left her in Age of X-man as I miss our Betsy

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I don’t mind Tini, but she definitely needs to focus on giving Betts her personality, and give the team some actual purpose. I’m 5 issues in, and I’m not really sure what the mission statement is. I mean, I know what it is, but it’s not very clear story wise. She’s trying to introduce too much in too short of time, with nothing substantial happening.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I don’t mind Tini, but she definitely needs to focus on giving Betts her personality, and give the team some actual purpose. I’m 5 issues in, and I’m not really sure what the mission statement is. I mean, I know what it is, but it’s not very clear story wise. She’s trying to introduce too much in too short of time, with nothing substantial happening.
    excalibur is mostly a apocalypse solo. I think the writer tries to do things with betsy, but keep missing the point

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Their purpose is to help Apocalypse create his ow magic system, and be his expendable henchmen - as Rogue discovered.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    excalibur is mostly a apocalypse solo. I think the writer tries to do things with betsy, but keep missing the point
    Tini wanted to focus on Apocalypse in the first place she said. Still feels weird that Rogue & Gambit are there - it feels forced. I would rather have Brian, Kurt, Dazzler & Meggan on the team since they were all former members who already have great ties to Betsy.

Betsy seems like a push over in this book.....she didn't take no shit in XForce...why should she now???

Ultimate Member

Probably because none of the other writers were interested in using Betsy and this writer had a small idea and just gave her something to do in the meantime...

So far nobody but Apocalypse really has a reason to be in this book, especially Betsy who only seems to be the token character in charge of the book while a different character is the real star of the show...who knows maybe things will be different after the upcoming crossover...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 04-29-2020 at 06:33 PM.

How do you know that no other writer was interested in writing her? That was never said anywhere.

We know for a fact that Tini wanted Apocalypse and that she only got Betsy because of editorial.

Ultimate Member

I never said that no other writer wanted her, notice that I started my statement with probably instead of something more definitive, and if any other writer had wanted her I don't see how she would have got put on the Excalibur team, where it seems more like Marvel viewed Betsy as a big enough character for Excalibur but not big enough for one of the main books...

Ok sure Logan. History of your posts says otherwise. You consistently undercut anything that has to do with Betsy. Or anyone's hopes for Betsy.
    Last edited by CGAR; 04-30-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Excalibur #55 (October, 1992). Art by Alan Davis.

What If Revanche was revealed to be the real Betsy Braddock? How would you guys feel had they gone in a different direction with that story with revealing Revanche to be the real deal and the LeeLocke to be a fraud that infiltrated the X-men? LeeLocke had only been around for about 3 or so years so the longterm damage was minimal. They probably could have spun her out into her own character as Kwannon at that point and restored Betsy as Psylocke