Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I did like the Revanche body suit.

X-Men editorial totally fumbled on these two characters IMO
    yeah they definitely could have salvaged the story instead of doing nothing with Revanche and then killing her month

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ok sure Logan. History of your posts says otherwise. You consistently undercut anything that has to do with Betsy. Or anyone's hopes for Betsy.
    It's not undercutting it's being realistic, always hoping for the perfect outcome will only most often lead to some disappointment, it's best to hope for the best but prepare for the worst or something less than perfect, I just put what's more likely to happen, as even when I post my own hopes I admit if I don't expect this or that to happen...

"Kwannon" should have been a psychic illusion manifested by a coven of Hand-aligned psychics. The "Betsy" appearance and memories were falsified specifically to disorient and obscure the reality of the ruse. The entire goal was to get Psylocke to doubt her own sanity and sense of self following the Hand's spell that transformed her body to resemble an Asian woman.

Betsy should've broken the spell in the 90s and regained her English appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    "Kwannon" should have been a psychic illusion manifested by a coven of Hand-aligned psychics. The "Betsy" appearance and memories were falsified specifically to disorient and obscure the reality of the ruse. The entire goal was to get Psylocke to doubt her own sanity and sense of self following the Hand's spell that transformed her body to resemble an Asian woman.

Betsy should've broken the spell in the 90s and regained her English appearance.
    Interesting take on things. I could have gone for that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What If Revanche was revealed to be the real Betsy Braddock? How would you guys feel had they gone in a different direction with that story with revealing Revanche to be the real deal and the LeeLocke to be a fraud that infiltrated the X-men? LeeLocke had only been around for about 3 or so years so the longterm damage was minimal. They probably could have spun her out into her own character as Kwannon at that point and restored Betsy as Psylocke
    We'd have had two characters with similar abilities and visuals and eventually one of them would have to go to limbo. Revanche was conceived with the intent of giving an unnecessary closure to Betsy's change, not for the sake of a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    We'd have had two characters with similar abilities and visuals and eventually one of them would have to go to limbo. Revanche was conceived with the intent of giving an unnecessary closure to Betsy's change, not for the sake of a new character.
    One was a ninja with a heavy emphasis on the psychic knife for attack and thats not how Betsy was pre-SP. Revanche could have been the chance to bring Betsy back as she once was with LeeLocke existing as Kwannon

One was a ninja with a heavy emphasis on the psychic knife for attack and thats not how Betsy was pre-SP. Revanche could have been the chance to bring Betsy back as she once was with LeeLocke existing as Kwannon
    But "Revanche" was still a martial artist whose telepathy manifested as a blade. She'd be in her original body yes, but with the enhancements that came after the Siege Perilous; i. e., not so different from "LeeLocke".

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    But "Revanche" was still a martial artist whose telepathy manifested as a blade. She'd be in her original body yes, but with the enhancements that came after the Siege Perilous; i. e., not so different from "LeeLocke".
    because thats where the story went. From the point after the cliffhanger scan that I posted, they did not need to do any of that with her. My original question was about an alternate scenario where Revanche came back just as Betsy was prior to SP with non of all that blurred overlap with LeeLocke. When Revanche called her an imposter, it was bc she actually was one.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

But was that isn't necessarily right as Kwannon was a low-level empath that didn't manifest psi-knife at all. She used her body and weapons. Betsy manifested the psi-knife first, unless Fallen Angels retconned that (I didn't read it). But yes absolutely it could have been an opportunity to upgrade Kwannon and return Betts to her real body.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    But was that isn't necessarily right as Kwannon was a low-level empath that didn't manifest psi-knife at all. She used her body and weapons. Betsy manifested the psi-knife first, unless Fallen Angels retconned that (I didn't read it). But yes absolutely it could have been an opportunity to upgrade Kwannon and return Betts to her real body.
    The empath powers wasnt something that was revealed until the issue that she died. In X-men 20, all we know is that the Asian Psylocke that we knew was being accused by a woman with Betsy's original appearance accusing her of being an imposter. Kwannon had no backstory at that point

Interesting take on things. I could have gone for that
    Thank you.

I don't particularly care for it, because I still think there's cultural equity in the Asian Psylocke image. Had they run the Mystery in Madripoor storyline in the 90s, we could've introduced Kwannon as her own character at a time we would've welcomed a new character, and writers willing to explore her. I don't think we need another Caucasian psychic telepath, given the X-Men's surplus. Even now we're fit to burst, and Betsy is hardly being a creative or decisive telepath in Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Betsy manifested the psi-knife first
    Betsy's signature attack prior to SP was the psi-blast, which was a ranged attack that functioned similarly to the knife. When she found herself in the Asian body, I think she adjusted her attacks to mirror the fighting prowess that the new body afforded her. The psi-blast morphed into the psychic knife. A case could be made that the Asian body was naturally "less psychic" than her Caucasian one, and that the knife functioned on the same principles as the blast, but relied on phsycial impact and Psylocke's nervous system.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-30-2020 at 01:29 PM.

because thats where the story went. From the point after the cliffhanger scan that I posted, they did not need to do any of that with her. My original question was about an alternate scenario where Revanche came back just as Betsy was prior to SP with non of all that blurred overlap with LeeLocke. When Revanche called her an imposter, it was bc she actually was one.
    Sorry for not understanding. And thanks for explaining.

Well, Betsy would take a hit, IMO, because in spite of the meager 3-year time period, the change was meant to be a big chapter for her character (very much in contrast to the recent one...) and with Jean and Xavier also in the picture, there would have been little use for another telepath with a body armour as defining characteristic in a major X-book.

I like CRaymond's idea, and it would have worked well in the grand scheme of things and on the condition she kept all of her enhancements, if it had been carried out early.

Mighty Member

I wonder if we get a captain Britten and Excalibur adaptions one day?