Page 53 of 112 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

It's the comment when Shinobi has his hand in her chest around her heart and he mentions that it belongs to someone else, and Betsy and Warren were awake during their clothes being changed and Betsy didn't like it and Tessa was the one that knocked them out...

In fairness to LoganAlpha30X33, it didn't take a whole lot of reading between the lines or looking for some kind subtext to see that Warren and Betsy were going to end up becoming a couple at the end of X-Men 29. Warren commented that he and Charlotte Jones were going no where in the issue. Warren was shoeing signs in issue 29 that he was already interested in Betsy. Beast even commented that Angel was jealous that Betsy was kind of flirting with Sabretooth. Archangel was for sure interested in her. Then there's the whole thing about Shinobi commenting that Betsy's hart already belonged to someone else that LoganAlpha30X33 brought up. Really, from reading issue 29, I would have been more surprised if the two of them didn't get togather.

Now if you want to count that as meaningful interaction is up to how every reader feels about it.
    I agree that in retrospect that it does appear that Archangel and Betsy were thrown togather because the writers weren't sure what to do with the two characters. But, it is kind of hard to definitively say that without any confirmation from the writers or editors who were working on the X-Men comics at the time.

I'll just finish this post by repeating how I feel about the Archangel/Psylocke pairing. They were my all time favorite X-couple, but I'm glad that they are no longer togather. They just seem to be out of stories. I hope that they stay apart and move onto new stories without each other.
    But, it does only take one writer or editor to put them back togather.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What If Revanche was revealed to be the real Betsy Braddock? How would you guys feel had they gone in a different direction with that story with revealing Revanche to be the real deal and the LeeLocke to be a fraud that infiltrated the X-men? LeeLocke had only been around for about 3 or so years so the longterm damage was minimal. They probably could have spun her out into her own character as Kwannon at that point and restored Betsy as Psylocke
    Or we could've avoided all this nonsense.

KARMA_MANDARIN.jpg

^If we're looking to define true nonsense, one should look no further than the present time.

Ultimate Member

Well Thievery I still want them together and feel that they'd be a great couple even now, just as long as the writer wrote them both well and left out a few junk things like Warren having two psyche's in his head and all of that and such, and Betsy deserves better than Excalibur in her current version, sadly I wonder if this upcoming swords crossover will be Betsy's highpoint for the next several years...

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

KARMA_MANDARIN.jpg
    Karma would actually be cooler.
    They could have had Betts show up in England. She could eventually become Slaymaster. She becomes the fighter she wanted to be. Eventually Brian and Excalibur would fight her and bring her back to the side of the angels. They then leave her on Muir and Muir Isle Saga happens. Betsy rejoins the X-Men after.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

KARMA_MANDARIN.jpg
    Exactly! Psylocke's transformation just felt like a copy and variation of Elektra's costume. Lady Mandarin feels a bit more appropriate with Karma than it does with Elizabeth. We may have avoided the problem of all Asians being Japanese fetish we had in the late 80s and early 90s.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    We may have avoided the problem of all Asians being Japanese fetish we had in the late 80s and early 90s.
    Oooh yes. This bugged me so much as a kid... long before I could name the countries in East Asia.

This says a lot...

I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Hmm...that outfit reminds me of someone...not sure who though...

Honestly though I think that Betsy wore it better...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    This says a lot...

I thought everyone knew that’s what Betts outfit was inspired from
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I thought everyone knew that’s what Betts outfit was inspired from
    I'm sure Claremont saw a sketch of Lee's Elektra as an Asian woman instead of a Greek one, and the two decided to add it as a Siege transformation. It's probably no more complicated than that.

In any case, it was a silly decision that got stupider with every year it continued, until Nicieza created Kwannon without talking to either Lee, Claremont, Harras, or anyone else.

Now we're 30 years hence with too many telepaths and not enough paper to write them on.

Ultimate Member

It could have just taken a quick retcon to clean it all up without changing her to a British body and then letting that storyline drop like they've done so far...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It could have just taken a quick retcon to clean it all up without changing her to a British body and then letting that storyline drop like they've done so far...
    Go for it. Tell us what retcon would've worked leaving the twin of Captain Britain looking like an Asian woman.

In any case, it was a silly decision that got stupider with every year it continued, until Nicieza created Kwannon without talking to either Lee, Claremont, Harras, or anyone else.
    Nicieza openly not even reading the pertinent issues when writing the apparent resolution is maybe the most rawly powerful move ever made in comics and makes me lol to this day ... Say what you will but the man had balls