Page 61 of 112 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I really like those designs. Betsy's in particular reminds me a bit of her Age of X costume which I always loved. Feels very regal with that skirt of sorts in the back.
    Thank you. Age of X is my favorite Betsy costume for sure. That's what I was channeling here.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Thank you. Age of X is my favorite Betsy costume for sure. That's what I was channeling here.
    Oh good, mine too. That followed by the Asrar design which was frankly too short lived.
    Last edited by whitecrown; 06-19-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Revanche makes no sense for her. Elizabeth used Kwannon’s body to be one a well known hero and gained excellent fighting skills from Kwannon. Only fair that Kwannon get both tp and tal out of this, the Psylocke code name, and the butterfly. Because of the video games most people remember Asian Psylocke. So this is away to have a true Asian Psylocke instead of a white woman in yellow face. Elizabeth can now be involved in British/other world stories now that she is her British self again.

Disney/Marvel was smart do this already. Just imagine a white woman in yellow face in 2020.
    Aren't you tired of repeating that hogwash over and over again?

Ultimate Member

It wasn't a true Asian Betsy anyway given that their bodies were mixed together, it wasn't a straight up Betsy into Kwannon's body and Kwannon into Betsy's, the two bodies were made to be identical so that not even Logan or any of the X-men's telepaths could tell them apart...

Astonishing Member

interesting viewing.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

I just had a thought. Isn't Psylocke's codename Mariposa Mental in Spanish, which means Psychic Butterfly? So if Kwannon took the Psylocke codename, for Spanish readers she would now be the Psychic Butterfly. That sort of makes sense why they took the butterfly effect away from Betsy and gave it to Kwannon then.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    I just had a thought. Isn't Psylocke's codename Mariposa Mental in Spanish, which means Psychic Butterfly? So if Kwannon took the Psylocke codename, for Spanish readers she would now be the Psychic Butterfly. That sort of makes sense why they took the butterfly effect away from Betsy and gave it to Kwannon then.
    Marvel did not make this decision to make things more consistent for readers in their Spanish speaking markets

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Oh good, mine too. That followed by the Asrar design which was frankly too short lived.
    I agree....we have the same taste!
    A picture would last longer darling...

That's a good notion but like Havok83 said, Marvel probably didn't care enough to change her identity based on that alone. They had far more cynical reasons to separate teh Psylocke identity entirely from Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree....we have the same taste!
    Now if only Marvel had our taste.

But Betsy was Psylocke before the bodyswap/merge thing, and she already had the butterfly effect back then. The butterfly and Psylocke codename is essential to her character not just the ninja/martial art.

Ultimate Member

Sadly I don't think that Marvel really cares about that, they went overboard with the new body and splitting the two characters up...

Let's all just be thankful that Marvel didn't go one step further and make Psylocke's relationship with Angel a part of Kwannon now as well.

BANNED

betsy was near forming a butterfly power signature last excalibur, it really isnt that serious and it will return eventually because as you all said it's too iconic, it will return these sort of things ALWAYS come around.

this needs to become the "betsy braddock complaining thread" because that's literaly all that is discussed here even when the situation she's in is, AT WORST, mediocre, not character destroying.
    Have some prespective please because not even jean grey stans mope around like this, it's getting increasingly frustrating whenever this thread show's up at the top I don't even bother posting because I KNOW betsy could get a solo, a videogame, a 8 k dollar real life marble statue to be displayed at marvel's HQ and become the face of brittain as the queen herself cosplays the anoucement, and STILL this thread would still just be a cyclical tirade of the butterfly/codename/costume whinefest.
    Last edited by Ferro; 06-24-2020 at 01:46 AM.

Ultimate Member

Well there were people for years whining about how she needed her old body back, fans are always going to be whining about this or that...right now it's how she's being portrayed and such...

I think its okay to critique the direction of the character.

I've been vocal about her current writer. But I think going into Swords of X we will see our girl elevated. Hopefully.