Page 64 of 112 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Exactly. Putting her on a main X-book will put make a supporting or cameo role while she's the lead in Excalibur.
    I would much rather have her be an interesting supporting character than the flat flavorless lead she is in Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    According to wikipedia "Dragon Lady is usually a stereotype of East Asian and occasionally South Asian and Southeast Asian women as strong, deceitful, domineering, or mysterious". She already had these characteristics in her white body, it only made sense to keep them in the Asian one.

The sexy ugly costume was replaced with a costume that's just ugly.

At least the name given to her by Mojo belonged only to her, not stolen from some male character.
    LOL. I liked the CB costume in the first two issues of Excalibur, but after that it was back to looking like a linebacker uniform.

They should have kept Betsy as Psylocke and the purple motif, she had both of those before the original body swap so it doesn't make sense why Kwannon would keep those. Wouldn't Kwannon want to differentiate herself from Betsy? I know it's for marketing reasons but it's just strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    They should have kept Betsy as Psylocke and the purple motif, she had both of those before the original body swap so it doesn't make sense why Kwannon would keep those. Wouldn't Kwannon want to differentiate herself from Betsy? I know it's for marketing reasons but it's just strange.
    It's the main reason why Kwannon's not working for me. Same reason it made me crazy to see Betts wearing the Hand master assassin outfit when she didn't have agency over her own body when she first wore it.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Ultimate Member

Marvel seems to have made a rash decision to change her back, then more rash decisions to give a lot of Betsy's identity to Kwannon as well and then drop the ball on both...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Marvel seems to have made a rash decision to change her back, then more rash decisions to give a lot of Betsy's identity to Kwannon as well and then drop the ball on both...
    Surprising no one. They wanted their cake and to eat it too... so this is what we got. My main problem with Tini writing is that she made a team of badasses and Jubilee be boring as ****
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    LOL. I liked the CB costume in the first two issues of Excalibur, but after that it was back to looking like a linebacker uniform.
    I'm still loving the CB fit but it's at it's best when anyone other than To draws it.

X of Swords is soooooo big you guys and we're about to get so much great art featuring Betsy. Knowing Larraz, Silva, and Asrar are on art duties is super exciting! I'm also interested to see how some of these other writers handle Betsy if she appears in any of their tie-in issues. I'd love for Duggan to get a crack at her (hopefully interacting with Storm and Bishop) over in Marauders.

Our doll doesn't really get center stage in a lot of events that i can recall outside of X-Tinction Agenda and Disassembled so I'm anxious to see how it all plays out.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 07-01-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    I agree with that and she should have kept the butterfly signature. The whole thing still seems an overreaction on Marvel’s part.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    X of Swords is soooooo big you guys and we're about to get so much great art featuring Betsy. Knowing Larraz, Silva, and Asrar are on art duties is super exciting! I'm also interested to see how some of these other writers handle Betsy if she appears in any of their tie-in issues. I'd love for Duggan to get a crack at her (hopefully interacting with Storm and Bishop) over in Marauders.

Our doll doesn't really get center stage in a lot of events that i can recall outside of X-Tinction Agenda and Disassembled so I'm anxious to see how it all plays out.
    this. If anything its gonna look gorgeous.
    I think its gonna be pretty refreshing to see characters popping up in other books under new creative teams . a fun lil switch-up

Honestly with Swords of X coming up. I'm hoping we get to see how she is written by Duggan, Hickman, and specifically Percy for me.

And I can't wait to see her drawn by Larraz and Silva. Asrar is great but he tends to draw her uniform bulky. So HOPEFULLLY she shows up in issues that these creators will be on.
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-01-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Shoot, Im all for Asrar drawing her in the costume that he designed

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    this. If anything its gonna look gorgeous.
    I think its gonna be pretty refreshing to see characters popping up in other books under new creative teams . a fun lil switch-up
    Looking good and hopefully interacting with characters we haven’t seen her around in awhile. I’m also curious to see how big of a role Jamie will play in this. I doubt Betsy will be done with him by the time of the current Excalibur arc. Is she going to have to snap his neck AGAIN?! He’s really been playing with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Shoot, Im all for Asrar drawing her in the costume that he designed
    Would love to see more of that.

As for X of Swords ,I really hope her character has some depth in it. Dying as well to see her drawn by other artists.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Honestly with Swords of X coming up. I'm hoping we get to see how she is written by Duggan, Hickman, and specifically Percy for me.

And I can't wait to see her drawn by Larraz and Silva. Asrar is great but he tends to draw her uniform bulky. So HOPEFULLLY she shows up in issues that these creators will be on.
    we see saturdyne and apocalypse on carlos gomez previews of x factor 4 on his insta, so that's certain she will.

She's coming dolls! I have to say with all the art starting to drop I'm actually getting really really excited for this event.