Page 66 of 112 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marveld2 View Post
    Hopefully Hickman writes her better then Tini because seriously this year and last year has been quite dry for her went it comes to character evolution. (Except for the body swapping) Please can someone establish her place in the larger Marvel Universe.
    Hickman's X-men have gone back into their bubble again so don't expect this to happen any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Attachment 98797

She looks gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    She loves killing her brothers. Queen.
    finish him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Russell Duaterman said he got to draw her a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Gasp! I just read the solicits for the Excalibur X of Swords book. Silva’s doing the art!!! *swoooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn*
    oh so we're eating extra good this fall huh

BANNED

yeah I dont mind betsy remaining in the x part because captain brittain mythos just work much better when attached to the xmen, who bring a lot of spice and dynamism to its character roster AND can handle the extremely high fantasy/ high sci fi mixture that is captain brittain mythos, these past decades where it was mi 13 and whatever where very boring shield esque, but whenver the xmen come into the scene it returns to its over the top roots.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    yeah I dont mind betsy remaining in the x part because captain brittain mythos just work much better when attached to the xmen, who bring a lot of spice and dynamism to its character roster AND can handle the extremely high fantasy/ high sci fi mixture that is captain brittain mythos, these past decades where it was mi 13 and whatever where very boring shield esque, but whenver the xmen come into the scene it returns to its over the top roots.
    Dracula on the moon in a castle that shoots vampires is boring? Huh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Dracula on the moon in a castle that shoots vampires is boring? Huh.

okay touche, you got me there because I forgot about that, I stand corrected but I still stand by the idea that even brian works better this way.
    Last edited by Ferro; 07-17-2020 at 02:33 AM.

I’m really excited to see Silva draw Betsy, and it gives me hope that means that Excalibur issue is going to be one of the ‘big’ moments of the event. I also have to wonder if Jamie will be involved because he really needs pulling back into line.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    I’m really excited to see Silva draw Betsy, and it gives me hope that means that Excalibur issue is going to be one of the ‘big’ moments of the event. I also have to wonder if Jamie will be involved because he really needs pulling back into line.
    I hope we see Meggan’s return in this crossover, as well. Also, maybe shakeup the cast, because it’s very ugh right now.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I hope we see Meggan’s return in this crossover, as well. Also, maybe shakeup the cast, because it’s very ugh right now.
    Me too! I like her and Brian’s status quo as married with a daughter, because it’s not too often that that’s allowed to happen in superhero comics, but Meggan definitely shouldn’t be sidelined because of it.

I think she might be appearing in issue 13 now we know Silva is the artist, because he posted that teaser of two figures kissing, one tall with a sword. So now I’m thinking that was her and Brian.

I’m not the biggest fan of the cast, so I agree it needs a shakeup. I wish Nightcrawler was involved.

I also hope we get a bit of a breather issue. I’m enjoying Excalibur, but I wish we got a bit more character focus than just plot. Being Captain Britain is a huge deal for Betsy, it’s something she has wanted for a long time, and also harks back to a more traumatic time with Slaymaster, and hopefully that gets explored.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree. She got almost nothing from the divorce.

This is how they should have splitted things IMO:

Betsy: Butterfly effect, tk weapons, the Psylocke codename, purple hair

Kwannon: psychic knife, ninja skills, the Jim Lee costume, katanna

Easy and painless. Instead they gave almost everything to Kwannon.
    Take the tk away from Betsy, and give it to Kwannon, return Bets’ precognition, and Kwan’s empathy.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Take the tk away from Betsy, and give it to Kwannon, return Bets’ precognition, and Kwan’s empathy.
    I've always hated Betsy having TK. It makes her martial arts skills pointless. And it has made her powers so confusing that even writers avoid the subject. Another one of CC's late-in-the-game lamebrain ideas. I wish he had fixed it when he brought her back. But instead, we got dino-Rachel!

I don't want either of them to have it, but I don't really know how to reconcile it. Resurrection? I don't want Betsy or Kwannon to have to go through another body change.
    Last edited by superjosh; 07-19-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Meggan's not a mutant so she's not allowed in this club.

Extraordinary Member

Anybody that’s made out with Nightcrawler is considered an honor mutant.

Just ask Amanda.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Megga...nu_(Earth-616)

Are you sure?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

She is a mutant; her powers just keep her in tune with magic. And she is Betsy’s sister-in-law, and family are allowed to visit Krakoa

Betsy’s powers have changed so much over the years, it would be nice to have them fixed. From pre-cog to telepath to telekinetic. I think I’d prefer if her psionic weapons were the most notable powers.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I've always hated Betsy having TK. It makes her martial arts skills pointless.
    To be fair, you can say the same about TP. She should be able to psy-blast most enemies from distance but prefers a more physical approach. Same with TK. I never liked her having it myself, but mostly because we already have too many telepaths with telekinesis (and now Kwannon has it too for some reason?). I'd much rather they brought back her precognition powers.