Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I'm anxious to see if the MCU will do the X-Men justice. I'm hoping proper representations, accurate costumes and focus on the females of the team, since they are without a doubt the most compelling superheroines in comics.

Guys, let's vote for Psylocke in the Fwoosh's top ten most wanted Marvel Legends...she has 27 votes so far...which is not bad but Firestar and Storm are over 60 already and I think this year she'll need at least 40 votes to make it into to the list.
    I changed Wave to Captain Britain [Betsy]

Never mind the voting closed yesterday
    Last edited by HipHopAvenger; 01-07-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Ultimate Member

Not sure how many more recent fans would even know that Betsy wore the swimsuit as it hadn't been her regular outfit in years and keeping Kwannon around does muddy the waters, it's like Marvel is trying to have their cake and eat it to, to make everybody happy...and we all know how well that works...

And in some ways it could be said that Betsy went from leeching off of Kwannon to leeching off of Brian, she's CB not her own separate character with her own identity...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Not sure how many more recent fans would even know that Betsy wore the swimsuit as it hadn't been her regular outfit in years and keeping Kwannon around does muddy the waters, it's like Marvel is trying to have their cake and eat it to, to make everybody happy...and we all know how well that works...

And in some ways it could be said that Betsy went from leeching off of Kwannon to leeching off of Brian, she's CB not her own separate character with her own identity...
    Everyone knows that costume for Betsy. Its that iconic. Comic is a dying medium and the people reading the books are fans. I highly doubt that are too many people that started reading X-men books in the last few years that have no familiarity with the swimsuit look, even if Psylocke hasnt been wearing it.

IDA about her leeching of of Kwannon. She's the original character, not the retcon created to take all of her iconic imagery

Ultimate Member

I'm not saying that she's doing it right now, only that if you take it as Betsy being in Kwannon's body then during that time you could think that she was to some degree...and then some would see Kwannon now and think that she was Betsy to a certain degree...

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    To me this isn't exactly streamlining. The way the MCU has amalgamated some other characters. I think the more 'streamline' thing to do would be to have her as an orphan they adopted on a trip to China. It can then be discovered that her and Brian were born at the exact same time and are 'connected' to each other in some way because of that. She was raised as Jamie and Brian's sister with Brian being very protective of her. She can be both a mutant and Brian can have his connection to the Otherworld.

This creates a way for them to cast Betsy as Asian but retain all the connections to her family but get rid of the messy retconned story lines from the 90s.

To be honest...do we need ANOTHER white female telepath on the big screen.
    That’s an interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I feel like Betsy will end up being a non-entity in the MCU X-Verse because of Emma and Jean if they do go with the British version (maybe just as a supporting character in a Captain Britain trilogy?), but I don't see them going with an Asian or Eurasian version of her since the comics got rid of that. Unless the MCU Braddocks are Eurasian, which would be an interesting take. Henry Golding for Brian!
    I think she’s in danger of becoming of a non-entity regardless of her race. Being one of several telepaths and not being top three in terms of power or popularity is always a potential hurdle for her.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I would be down for Henry Golding for Brian tbh but I know that would upset the masses.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Everyone knows that costume for Betsy. Its that iconic. Comic is a dying medium and the people reading the books are fans. I highly doubt that are too many people that started reading X-men books in the last few years that have no familiarity with the swimsuit look, even if Psylocke hasnt been wearing it.

IDA about her leeching of of Kwannon. She's the original character, not the retcon created to take all of her iconic imagery
    Tsk. Apparently, you missed out on that precious gem of knowledge Tini Howard recently shared with the rest of the world in her latest interview:
    That brand thing never came up once. Kwannon is still (!!!) Psylocke and she’s great–we still have an amazing Psylocke sans Betsy. We didn’t seek to ‘prioritize the Betsy brand’ or anything. I want a long history of learning more about Kwannon and watching Psylocke be Psylocke.
    Somebody better call her out on her ignorance the next time she plans an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    That brand thing never came up once. Kwannon is still (!!!) Psylocke and she’s great–we still have an amazing Psylocke sans Betsy. We didn’t seek to ‘prioritize the Betsy brand’ or anything. I want a long history of learning more about Kwannon and watching Psylocke be Psylocke.
    Ugh, I want to die.

Tsk. Apparently, you missed out on that precious gem of knowledge Tini Howard recently shared with the rest of the world in her latest interview:

Somebody better call her out on her ignorance the next time she plans an interview.
    I did miss it and wow, just wow

And you have to laugh now at everyone of those who were sending hate mail to the writer of Fallen Angels, all the while the person who writes Betsy Braddock at the present time says that she has no respect for the character.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

"Fallen Angels" #5 turned Betsy's Captain Britain armor into a bodysuit. Perhaps the better to sell the synchronized sword-forms training between her and Kwannon.

And I reiterate: why can't those two just jump into bed, even for only for a night?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

It’s sad that this isn’t shocking at all.

I like the body suit way better than the clunky armor.

The Captain Britain/Psylocke moment in FA today was really cute! I still don’t really ever need them to be super close but it was nice to see Kwannon is moving past her issues and won’t be trying to rag on Betsy at every chance lol. That art wasn’t great but there was a panel of two that were super well done.

There’s one panel that shows her costume without the cape and it’s really reignited my #nocape crusade lol.

C'mon, what did you guys expect Trini to say? She is(allegedly) the one who decided to make Betsy Captain Britain, the book she writes is pretty much all about that, and the current X-Office that she works for is pushing Kwannon as Psylocke. Of course she would say that.

Incredible Member

The latest excallibur issue and the fallen angels mess made me really wish betsy had remain in kwannons body and being part of a more relevant storyline.

I hate how betsy always has to shine on a secondary, non related to any central plot. Uncanny x-force.astonishing. Xtremists. And now excallibur.