Page 70 of 112 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1675

It's hilarious how we thought we would be over the wrong hair color issues now that she's back in her original body. It just went from being miscolored black to pink lol.

But the doll is looking great on these XoS covers. The Destruction special especially >>>
    Last edited by Psycwave; 08-14-2020 at 05:32 PM.

The CB uniform looks good depending on who's drawing it. Some artist make it look more fitted while others make it look more broad. Which is why I personally love the flowers. They add a bit of softness to an otherwise highly masculine design, no matter who draws it.

At first I hoped that she'd keep the Asrar design for if & when she had Krakoa duty but could transform into Captain Britain a la She-Ra when leading Excalibur.

I wouldn't mind if they gave her a secondary CB uniform for when she's not officially "on the clock" for the crown. I was a big fan of the red, gold & white slim uniform that went unused. Just swipe the colors to blue & red or red & purple or something more "Betsy" and it could've worked.

BANNED

I guess I'm in the minority with the flowers. I don't like them, never have. And it doesn't help that they're never drawn correctly. But what I dislike the most is that they're intended to soften her appearance. Why? Betsy has always been hyper feminine, but not soft. The flowers are a distraction. It's like putting a flower crown on Brienne of Tarth. They're both warriors and proudly represent femininity without having it be about flowers and softness and things that generalize femininity.

She's always been about the lethality and harshness of feminine energy, not the softness. In my opinion. It would be a different story if they actually went that direction with her characterization, but they're not. She's a sword & board kickass bitch who gets in the rough and tumble of the fray. Flowers have no business being in her hair.

That said, I'm actually not a big fan of the costume overall. Hope to see her in something more sleek in the future.

When it comes to the coloring of her hair or the flowers a lot of colorists always seem to mess up. That's an issue on a lot of books with characters who have distinct color pallets. I've always felt colorists should have style sheets taped up when they work so they can quickly consult them.

I feel that the flowers serve a bit more than trying to put a femme touch on her new look. It also helps tie her more to Krakoa, cause even with the few scenes of the Excalibur team on the island it def feels less tied to any of the other X-Universe books under Hickman. Something I'm hoping the Swords events can fix for a bit, even though I'm super tired of big events/crossovers. Those loose tie feelings are also why I feel the rest of the team is made up of Rogue, Gambit & Jubilee, who all feel out of place.
    I still wonder is this the team Howard wanted for Excalibur or was she given a mandate from editorial?

I think the writers/artist behind Betsy's new status as Captain Britain & no longer being Psylocke where trying to find a way to bring in a touch of feminine energy. Especially now since she's lost the butterfly signature, any pink outfit & even the hyper sexualized thong uniform. While she always appeared feminine or sexualized she was always lethal under it all. Now being in a uniform that's traditional held masculine energy they're trying to find a way to bring in that unexpected softness to it. It's a complete rebranding & they're trying to find things that bring in old elements without using any of the actual old elements.

Sometimes rebranding works sometimes it doesn't. I know a lot of general X-fans who still think Betsy is Psylocke & think this CB is a new character. Actually watched an Ultimate Alliance stream chat turn into an argument over her going back to her old body.

Artist have shown they can draw the costume sleeker in nature. Hell actual history shows not all knight armor was bulky, some was actually quite fitted. Even if they don't want to give Betsy a secondary less formal CB uniform I'd probably draw it without the cape when on assignment.
    Last edited by Alexi; 08-19-2020 at 08:34 AM.

BANNED

I do love the aspect about the flowers that tie her to Krakoa. It would be cool to see her use them in some kind of way. And low-key if she had some flowery power signature that would be beautiful 0_0 thinking of that one super from marvel vs capcom where all the butterflies burst around her, but petals instead. I'm not against the flowers if they're used for something. But as of now it just seems to be an aesthetic choice that I don't like.

Larraz's Betsy

I think she looks so cute on this panel! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    The CB uniform looks good depending on who's drawing it. Some artist make it look more fitted while others make it look more broad. Which is why I personally love the flowers. They add a bit of softness to an otherwise highly masculine design, no matter who draws it.

At first I hoped that she'd keep the Asrar design for if & when she had Krakoa duty but could transform into Captain Britain a la She-Ra when leading Excalibur.

I wouldn't mind if they gave her a secondary CB uniform for when she's not officially "on the clock" for the crown. I was a big fan of the red, gold & white slim uniform that went unused. Just swipe the colors to blue & red or red & purple or something more "Betsy" and it could've worked.

I was wondering if there was some sort of less formal, but still knightly, underarmor that Betts has for when she sheds the bulky gear. I imagined something akin to Sonja from UNDERWORLD:RISE OF THE LYCANS (and Rhona Mitra wouldn't be a bad Betsy now that I think of it)

Elisabeth knew the value of letting her skin breathe after wearing armor!

Ultimate Member

I think that Rhona could have worked for an English Betsy but only years ago, not sure how many movies she would be able to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Larraz's Betsy

I think she looks so cute on this panel! Lol.
    Thee face! Man, we’re about to get so much good art of Betsy, I am so hype! I like what JDW said about how close knit the writers have been working for this event.

Finally getting my Betsy and Logan.

BANNED

Betsynatics! It is time to change our icons trough a process of selection

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Betsynatics! It is time to change our icons trough a process of selection
    I'm already struggling to decide if I'm going to use a Larraz or Silva Captain B icon. D:

What do you all think Saturnyne's beef with Betsy is? She needs to be slapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm already struggling to decide if I'm going to use a Larraz or Silva Captain B icon. D:

What do you all think Saturnyne's beef with Betsy is? She needs to be slapped.
    I know those looks. They boned.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I got a Captain Betsy commission from Patrick Zircher and it's looking sooo good! This hair >>>>

Needs some color in it, but it's complete fire!
    Betts looks amazing!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah